Skip to content

What would you like to see changed/added in a Hexxat (and Clara) mod?

Comments

• WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
    Actually, now that I really put some thought into this, I think it might be interesting to have a completely new character join your party instead of Clara. If Hexxat kills Clara, Hexxat joins. If you save Clara, she gives you an in with her connections and somebody else joins (brother, mentor, etc). So either way, your "quest reward" is a new character that isn't her.

Not that I'm expecting this to happen. But it was an interesting idea that I wanted to put into the universe.
    ronaldo
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Wayniac said:

Actually, now that I really put some thought into this, I think it might be interesting to have a completely new character join your party instead of Clara. If Hexxat kills Clara, Hexxat joins. If you save Clara, she gives you an in with her connections and somebody else joins (brother, mentor, etc). So either way, your "quest reward" is a new character that isn't her.

Not that I'm expecting this to happen. But it was an interesting idea that I wanted to put into the universe.

I dunno, I think I like the idea that Clara, having hit rock bottom, has a new lease on life (literally) and can, with the help of CHARNAME, take some control of her life. Not exactly a Horatio Alger story, but still.
    ThacoBell
  • AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 156

Well, the initial plan was to let you save Clara and then have her leave permanently since we're focused on Mazzy at the moment (and probably Hexxat later). Anything more than that is already a bonus.

If Clara actually gets banters and such will depend on how much time we have and if someone else works out. Otherwise, you'll have a perfectly playable but quiet thief. Dialogue is more likely than any complicated quests since it doesn't seem that hard to add a few more interjections.

Would she start out by thanking you for rescuing her and then, when you seem to be about to dismiss her, offer up a tale of woe calculated to make you feel sorry for her and take her along to protect her? That would be cool. I would enjoy writing that interaction.

• fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    Attalus said:

Would she start out by thanking you for rescuing her and then, when you seem to be about to dismiss her, offer up a tale of woe calculated to make you feel sorry for her and take her along to protect her? That would be cool. I would enjoy writing that interaction.

So you want to turn Clara into Nalia before Nalia learned magic? Or Aerie as a thief?

profanitywarning
    Well,I don't think anybody would recognize Nally little Nalia without the attitude, but, yeah, pretty much. She doesn't have the stats to dual into mage IIRC
  • WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
    What about a twist that Clara is somewhat evil too? Maybe you find out that Hexxat killing her is justified because Clara is secretly some kind of badass who slaughtered Hexxat's entire family.

Then you could give Clara sweet stats and abilities like she must have had before she was mesmerized.
    Artona
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    does int hexxat drink clara's blood when she murders her? maybe that slowly turns her into a vampire and that could be her story arc.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

does int hexxat drink clara's blood when she murders her? maybe that slowly turns her into a vampire and that could be her story arc.

Please for the love of God/Gods and all that's holy/unholy/atheist/agnostic (take your pick)

No more vampires.
    Especially not in BG2.

It cannot work and it will never work in a game where a high level cleric can simply blow them to smithereens.
    They are useless in the BG world, they are cannon fodder, not special, not stronger, pathetic and mewling.
    When Bodhi chases you in Spellhold ( SCS Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) she runs away if you have high level Anomen, and tries to crawl up the walls.

Kind of funny when she's meant to be this big bad, damn useful when you are ambushed whilst fighting something else.

I suppose you could do it as a running joke. A new NPC who behaves like Oompa the exploding ogre from Nashkell Carnival. Send them into a mob, take cover and explode them.
    ArtonaThacoBellleeuxPermidion_Stark
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859

Please for the love of God/Gods and all that's holy/unholy/atheist/agnostic (take your pick)

No more vampires.
    Especially not in BG2.

It cannot work and it will never work in a game where a high level cleric can simply blow them to smithereens.
    They are useless in the BG world, they are cannon fodder, not special, not stronger, pathetic and mewling.
    When Bodhi chases you in Spellhold ( SCS Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) she runs away if you have high level Anomen, and tries to crawl up the walls.

Kind of funny when she's meant to be this big bad, damn useful when you are ambushed whilst fighting something else.

I suppose you could do it as a running joke. A new NPC who behaves like Oompa the exploding ogre from Nashkell Carnival. Send them into a mob, take cover and explode them.
    Oh sure, be a spoilsport. I suppose next you're going to shoot down my "Korax as a recruitable NPC in BG2" mod idea... :wink:
    Permidion_Stark
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    I want to say it was something like unfinished business that put Bodhi into chasing you in spellhold origionally. But so many mods have been rolled into others for EE i'm still trying to make sense of it all. Not to mention the ones resurrecting things all on their own. It could have been Tactics too. But it was always hilarious what you could do to her with a high level Anomen or Viconia when you did have her installed. One of the mods actually made her immune to Turn Undead because of it. Neither one could quite chunk her but you really took all of the intensity and threat out of the encounters with her as you went through spellhold.

but I agree. just no more vampires.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    How bout CHARNAME can whip her tail right there, drink Hexxat's blood and add it to CHARNAME's Bhaalspawn powers. Let the Bhaalpower within shape that nassy ol vamp blood into something interesting, like summoning powers or something. Derned ol bity got to many characters killt in that daggone quest of hers when first starting out runs with her. :D
    In lieu of that though, being able to choose between Clara and 'Hexyou' would be a welcome change. :)
    AttalusBorek
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    SomeSort said:

Oh sure, be a spoilsport. I suppose next you're going to shoot down my "Korax as a recruitable NPC in BG2" mod idea... :wink:

Already been done. See "Deeper Shadows of Amn", SoA content only Korax.
    SomeSortAttalus
    @BCaesar Awesome. That is pretty close to what I was thinking of, so I am really looking forward to this. Let me know if you want any testing or just a sounding board for ideas.
    I will look forward to playing a mod like that. I just took Clara/Hex to the High Forest and she was great finding and disarming the traps. I would love to take her as described through the game. Thanks for all your hard work
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @tbone1 Thanks. We'll let you know.

Once we get the first part of Clara posted as part of our Mazzy mod (which should hopefully be soon), we could always use testing on that. I have a lot of mods installed but not all of them and we're really trying not to break anything.

You shouldn't actually need Mazzy in your party to get Clara if I'm understanding @BCaesar 's coding right, so you could ignore the rest of the mod if you wanted.

@WarChiefZeke As BCaesar said earlier, if you do want to write for Clara, we certainly wouldn't mind it :smile: . We should have her saveable pretty soon so you can see our general characterization and then go from there. We've been adding responses for Clara to our additional Mazzy events but not much else so you should be safe to add interjections/banters/a friendship to canon if you want.

Though I should mention, I prefer to have at least 3 CN (ideally around 5) responses if given the choice to talk. They don't all have to go to different threads of the conversation but I like options that are more interesting than just good/evil/neutral. That (and commas) are what I'm most likely to edit in.
    Attalustbone1ThacoBell
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
    Ok an update. I got a little behind schedule due to various higher priorities that showed up to take my time in the real world. But I've now finished coding our Mazzy-Edwin dialogues, added my journal entries, and done everything else that was on the immediate to-do list for our All Things Mazzy mod.

So the next thing is to finish adding Clara, and once I've got a fully working and bug-free Clara with a biography, join and leaving scripts and dialogues and all those little parts that need to be created, I will make an update to the mod (it's been a while since my last one) and let you all know here as well.

The dialogue is all finished and edited enough for me to code it (like everything else it will continue to be edited in the future) so all that's left to do is the actual coding, and I already have the basics of the character coded (she already joins and is playable, I just don't have her dialogue and leaving-rejoining scripts done).
    AttalusThacoBell
    I wait with bated breath!
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Is there any in game justification that mentions the shadow thieves running the pleasure trade? I do not think madame nin is part of the shadow thieves for instance and I do not recall encounters elsewhere.
    Also, if she can farm and hunt she would not need to sell herself, she could sell small game or stolen items.

Other than that I would welcome Clara, I found her more intriguing than hexxat
    AttalusDJKajuruleeux
    lroumen said:

Is there any in game justification that mentions the shadow thieves running the pleasure trade? I do not think madame nin is part of the shadow thieves for instance and I do not recall encounters elsewhere.
    Also, if she can farm and hunt she would not need to sell herself, she could sell small game or stolen items.

Other than that I would welcome Clara, I found her more intriguing than hexxat

Agree totally. I hate to seem shallow, but her portrait is too good to waste on a place-holding character! Consider the other EE portraits. Even Neera's isn't all that great, to rank with Viconia's, say.

• jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    Since day 1 of the Hexxat debacle I've been hoping someone would try and fix this! Thank you!
    Attalusleeux
    BCaesar said:

Well she's going to start as a minor character at first, but she can always be developed more later as we (and other people) have time and write stuff for her. Just because she comes from a common background doesn't mean she has to be uninteresting.

I'm cool with that. I find NPC quests are annoying, especially in the early part of Chapter 2. I tried to finesse Nalia's kidnapping by not letting her talk to Isea Roenall at the funeral, but no joy, she acts like you never took her to her daddy's funeral at all. And in that exasperated voice of hers, too

edited May 2017
    Just a quick update. Clara is just about playable but @BCaesar got sick and is in the middle of moving, so it may be a bit longer before we can actually post the updated mod.

So far Clara doesn't have any kind of quest (beyond the one to get her) but we have been adding banters with other characters here and there, which will keep her from being completely mute. Hopefully she'll fit in with the canon NPCs better that way.

That's about it at the moment - I think BCaesar answered most of the other questions in his post above. Feel free to keep throwing out ideas while you wait. We can't promise we'll use them, but brainstorming never hurts.
    jankielAttalusZaghoulThacoBell
    Tell @BCaesar that we hope that his move and healing go quickly. Not for selfish reasons, just that somebody that interesting shouldn't be hors de combat :)
    Hi folks. Just dropped in to say that we really are still working on this mod. However, along with moving, BCaesar is also having another child at the moment so life is a little chaotic. We will get back to coding as soon as we can.
    ThacoBellUnderstandMouseMagic
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited July 2017
    If topic title is still a thing, there is one change I would love to see for Clara - VA. Not full VA (she did not have in the first place) - but one liners, calls or whatever it's called. Clara/Hexxat was under influence of a vampire. Real Clara was going to become an actress and managed to work as a courtesan - I'd say her manner of speech had to be different back then.

Would it be possible to use something from that great collection of sound-sets for "new" Clara? https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38319/mods-awesome-soundsets-mods-master-thread-custom-soundsets-for-bgee-bg2ee-and-iwdee
    edited August 2017
    Not sure if we'll manage voice acting. It doesn't seem likely since keeping Clara alive isn't the main focus of our mod. It's more of a side effect :)

This is mostly just my 'still not dead, not sure when we'll have the time to finish up the last bit of Clara' post. BCaesar's kid was born 8/3 and he is very cute. But babies tend to take a lot of time.
    ThacoBell
    Ratatoskr said:

But babies tend to take a lot of time.

This is my nominee for Understatement of the Year.

ThacoBellZaghoulPermidion_Stark
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Ratatoskr said:

Not sure if we'll manage voice acting. It doesn't seem likely since keeping Clara alive isn't the main focus of our mod. It's more of a side effect :)

This is mostly just my 'still not dead, not sure when we'll have the time to finish up the last bit of Clara' post. BCaesar's kid was born 8/3 and he is very cute. But babies tend to take a lot of time.

Oh, but I thought someone volunteered to write the full Clara character (with romance and what's not) under your supervision to include as party member? Or did I mistake it with another mod? Do not think so.