Skip to content

Count of new posts gone?

BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
edited April 2017 in Site Resources
I no longer see the yellow count of new posts since I last read a thread. Is it just me, or is this everyone.

Something else I just noticed. When I go to "Participated", the threads aren't marked as read. If I go into a subforum, it works normally.

Off topic forum:

Participated:

lolien[Deleted User]ZaghoulAerakarkaguana

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Strangely it still works for me.
    CrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited April 2017
    That normally happens to me when the site logs me out for some reason - have you tried logging in again?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited April 2017
    I'm still logged in. I'll try logging out and back in.

Edit: Nope, still the same. I tried Shift-refresh also.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    It happened to me too, but only on my /discussions/participated page. On /discussions the amount of new posts still show.
    Aerakarkaguana
    The count of new posts is showing up for me in the subfora now.

Participated is still broken with no new post counts and none of the threads show as read.

scriverlolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BTW, this is the same for me on different computers and different browsers.
    lolien
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited April 2017
    Yep,, something going on here as well. Mine does not take into acct. that I READ posts now.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    Aerakar
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Same problems as described above. This has never happened before 28 April, no matter logging in, out, different browsers, etc.
    April 28th, yeah, it was early in the am when mine started not to recognize read posts. So something is definitely off with the site (or my mind, hard to tell sometimes ;) )
    Aerakar
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Can confirm it happens to me, too. But only in my participated discussions page.

It happens on both my home computer (windows 10) and my work computer, which is a mac. Not sure if that's of any help, but figured it was worth mentioning.
    Aerakar
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I should promote that last post :) This bug is driving me insane... I am participating or otherwise checking a LOT of threads :)
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
    Glad to hear it.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Any news from Vanilla?
    Aerakar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    They think the fix is very close to be released.
    mlnevesekaguanaAerakarPapa_Lou
    Still broken.
    mlneveseAerakar
    They're back now. They weren't there this morning, but it looks like it's fixed now.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
    Yes, the Vanilla has just notified us the problem is fixed.
    AerakarPapa_LouZaghoul
    edited May 2017
    Ahhhhh, nice. :)

Daggone bugs, don't be messin with our forum again. I was about ready to form a posse with several choice folks here, n go after the pesky critters with flyswatters, cans of Raid, and the odd flamethrower or two. B)
    Let's see now who might we bring in (just tongue n cheek here and just trying to say I appreciate EVERYONE on the forum (and certainly not to pigeonhole anyone, EVERYONE is 'multi-classed)- wouldn't trade it or the folks here for any other forum) ;):)

Well, ya gotta bring in @somesort, @fateless, and @Mathsorcerer they can give us the mathematical probability of our chances and what weapon to go with for best success.

Er, uh, @JuliusBorisov He can sit back and direct, and give ppl the business if they get outa line.

@elminster He'll point out if you are mistaken in your methodology and lore, always good to have

Er, oh, @BillyYank gotta have the person that noticed and posted the prob in the first place.

@Ravenslight Cause there has BOUND to be something we can make with all the dead bug parts

@Grammarsalad , @subtledoctor , and @LavaDelVortel Cause these guys are up workin all the darn time anyway, who needs sleep?

Oh yeah @mlnevese He can post it up as being a solution compatible with all the new mods and threads added

I might have to be one with a few others of my generation that sits back and says" Now you young whippersnappers, this is the way we did it back during the era of 1st edition, hehheh.

Maybe @chimeric Cause ya need a dude that ain't afraid to get up in ANY bugs face and 'darn' the torpedoes.

Oh yeah, @lolien and @Kamigoroshi cause it might have been a fungus, spore, slime, or any number of other buggy like critteres that needed special ordinance for.

@Blackraven You need a guy that could probably write it all up in adventure fashion and make a great story bout the bug huntin adventure

AND all new members still coming or just here, new perspectives are always welcome.

I'm sure I could add more & missed even more, that's just off the top of my head though, and I just woke up for the night n still brewing the coffee.

Lots of good folks here, lots.
    Nice to have this working again.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    RavenslightAerakarJuliusBorisovPapa_Lou
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    What if we throw :cookie:s at them?
    ZaghoulAerakarJuliusBorisov
    Nimran said:

What if we throw :cookie:s at them?

@Nimran At the bugs or at the, uh, fixin folks? Hehheh :*:)
    As to the bugs, it might distract em for a while, but a nice stale hard cookie might just get 'em (It hurtses us). As to the fixers, well @JuliusBorisov probably gave 'em the 'business' already pretty well, he's got onto 'em again with the color codin' I know.

We don't want 'em to be like 'Oh lawd, not THAT dude again, look alive people, look alive, he keeps tha paychecks coming in'. B)
    JuliusBorisov