Skip to content

General questions. IWD for newbies and semiprofs

Comments

• RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @JuliusBorisov, nah I already figured it out :smile:
    Everything was as it was supposed to be. .
    Basically the Symbol shows up only if you collect the Stoutward from Uligar before.
    But thanks for "minding" anyway! ^^
    JuliusBorisov
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Hi!
    Can anybody, please, tell me - does immunity to poison (i.e. "Cavalier") provides immunity to "Stinking Cloud" and to "CloudKill"?
    (maybe to attacks of bombardier beatles?)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @SorrowSeer

No, it doesn't.

According to @CamDawg (link):

"So, the real issue here is a pragmatic one. The game uses two ways to inflict poison.

One way is directly via the poison mechanism, used by things like the Assassin's poison weapon ability, various spiders, Asp's Nest darts, and so on. This is generally used to touch a target once and then inflict X damage over Y time (i.e. you get hit by a poisoned weapon and suffer damage over the next couple of rounds). Cavaliers are immune to this.

The second way is through the generic damage mechanism with a damage type of poison. This is the method used by Cloudkill as well as Prismatic Spray, Flail of Ages, poison mists, etc. This is a one-time effect (i.e. Flail of Ages does poison damage on hit, but won't affect you next round). Cavaliers are not immune to poison damage, as noted by the OP.

The problem is that providing immunity to poison damage effectively makes the target also immune to disease, since disease inflicts poison damage."
    SjerrieRodrianlolien
    @JuliusBorisov

Thank you!

What immunities then, provided by kit "Cavalier", can be of use in EE?

I don't know EE at all, so, please, tell me - are there mages (many?) who cast charm (maybe dryads, etc.)?
    Posion enemies? (except some poison spiders in Dragon's Eye)
    Myabe "Remove Fear" show itself a useful thing?
    FinneousPJ
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @SorrowSeer Very useful. The cavalier is a powerful kit, don't worry.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited December 2016
    So I'm coming through the HoW campaign with intent to complete for the first time. Full party of six (Dwarven Defender, Fighter dualwielding mace and flails, Fighter with GM in Longbow, Assassin>Fighter, Fighter>Druid, Fighter>Mage). Will not having a cleric be an issue?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Your Druid should fill the divine niche nicely. I NEVER run with a cleric.
    JuliusBorisovSjerrieAnduin
    @FinneousPJ
    Thank you!

I conducted several experiments - Cloudkill really didn't work on Cavalier!
    (a paladin without kit died though)

@Pokota
    "Fighter with GM in Longbow"
    Why not an "Archer"?
    FinneousPJ
    And another question - about stat "Wisdom".
    What is it responsible for in EE?
    1. Saves?
    2. Max lvl divine spells for divine casters?
    @SorrowSeer
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope.
    SorrowSeersemiticgoddess
    edited December 2016

@Pokota
    "Fighter with GM in Longbow"
    Why not an "Archer"?

Because the Archer kit, despite having more raw power thanks to kit perks, loses out on Longsword mastery and plate mail armor. I keep finding myself in situations where it's to my disadvantage to keep Sseth on her longbow.

(For the curious, when my team goes full melee I get a cumulative 17 attacks per round, 10 9 of which are at +3 or better)
    Post edited by Pokota on

@SorrowSeer
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope.

Seems like a useless stat...

The problem is that providing immunity to poison damage effectively makes the target also immune to disease, since disease inflicts poison damage."

Wait, aren't Paladins also supposed to be immune to disease? Or is that a 3e thing?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

@SorrowSeer
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope.

I think you get bonus divine spells for high WIS, as well as lore.
    lolien
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234

@SorrowSeer
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope.

Does it affect a monk's AC or was that not implemented?
    Sjerrie said:

@SorrowSeer
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope.

Does it affect a monk's AC or was that not implemented?
    Due to Manual - nope, it did not(
    ThacoBell said:

@SorrowSeer
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope.

I think you get bonus divine spells for high WIS, as well as lore.
    Not as a paladin though. Only as a priest
    ThacoBellloliensemiticgoddess
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Does multiclassed fighter druid counts as druid for class specific banter?
    Sjerrie
    Hi.
    2 questions:
    1. If I copy my saves from one PC to another (windows, same versions of IWD) - I can resume playing without problems, correct?
    2. Did Beamdog realize an idea with cross-platform saves (between windows and ios, for example)?
    edited January 2017

Hi.
    2 questions:
    1. If I copy my saves from one PC to another (windows, same versions of IWD) - I can resume playing without problems, correct?

Yes.

2. Did Beamdog realize an idea with cross-platform saves (between windows and ios, for example)?

If I'm not mistaken, the structure of the saves is the same across platforms. If you can easily copy them between Win and iOS, I do not know.
    SorrowSeer
  • BeroliBeroli Member Posts: 6
    I was surprised I couldn't create a shaman in IWDEE. Any plans to change that?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Beroli said:

There's no ETA on the 2.4 patch for IWDEE.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205

Beroli said:

There's no ETA on the 2.4 patch for IWDEE.
    Is there ETA on the 2.4 patch for BG1andBG2?
    Sjerrie said:

Hi.
    2 questions:

Yes.

Thanks!

• Earnest_ernestEarnest_ernest Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2017
    in IWDEE, do buff spells (bless, aid, etc) affect your summonings. Like cleric's animate undead (excluding spells that explicitly states that do not affect undead)?
  • MightyMungoMightyMungo Member Posts: 1
    Hi, im just new to IWD1 on steam since yesterday. I made a Tempus-Clerik yesterday, reached lvl 2 today und there i could choose for it to become a fighter as 2nd class. But now i cant cast any healing. Where, when and how do i get my caster-ability back? or did i just fk up? thanks a lot

Hi, im just new to IWD1 on steam since yesterday. I made a Tempus-Clerik yesterday, reached lvl 2 today und there i could choose for it to become a fighter as 2nd class. But now i cant cast any healing. Where, when and how do i get my caster-ability back? or did i just fk up? thanks a lot

Assuming you mean you dual-classed from cleric to fighter, you will get your cleric powers back when your fighter levels surpass your cleric levels. However, you wil not be able to progress in those cleric levels anymore.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • jubangojubango Member Posts: 11
    I can't seem to find anything about this anywhere else so I guess I'll try here

for some reason none of my characters can go through doors. I got out of the first inn just fine but when I try to go into the first shop nobody can get in no matter what I do. I tried saving and reloading but that hasn't helped. has anyone seen anything like this before?
    @jubango That sounds like a genuine bug... Do you have mods installed?
    Should the wyverns be attacking me when I first enter Trials of the Luremaster? I don't remember them being in that first battle in vanilla.