Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

General questions. IWD for newbies and semiprofs

1101112131416»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 12,442
    @jubango Just in case - did you try to open the door first and only then to go inside?

@Pokota Why do you think the wyverns shouldn't attack you? This behavior is consistent with the behavior of all other enemies in the game - they attack you when you're close.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 441
    When I haven't moved more than ten feet from the spawn point?
  • justsayrayjustsayray Member Posts: 5
    Hello I love playing this game for its random loots but I have 1 problem; I can't find the War Hammer +4: Defender anywhere. I've looked up guides but they don't say where I can find them. Anyone have a clue where they are?
  • WatchmakerWatchmaker Member Posts: 16
    Is it normal for lvl 13+ fighter classes with grandmastery in Icewind Dale EE to gain 3.5 APR? Tolltip at level up states it should be 3. I get 7/2 for most weapons and 9/2 for bows. It seems that grandmastery gives 1 full attack in addition to 1/2 from specialization.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 12,442
    A figher in IWD:EE who puts 5 pips into a weapon should get base weapon APR+0.5 APR from the level 7+0.5 APR from the level 13+0.5 APR from 2 pips+1 APR from the 5th pip.

It's mentioned on the page 123 of https://cdn.icewinddale.com/files/IWDEE-Manual-2-Mastering-Melee-Magic.pdf

It's different to BG1&2:EE, where the 5th pip gives +0.5 APR, https://www.siegeofdragonspear.com/files/AdventurersGuide.pdf , page 39
    Watchmakersemiticgod
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 200
    I have a question. Why does IWD EE also uses IWD2 animations? I thought IWD2 is not going to get enhanced...
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,223
    IWD2 is not getting enhanced because no-one can find the source code. That has nothing to do with taking sprites from one game and using them in the other.
    semiticgod
    BillyYank said:

IWD2 is not getting enhanced because no-one can find the source code. That has nothing to do with taking sprites from one game and using them in the other.

They took the entire array of animations from that game. Including Maede for example.
    Why not convert the entire IWD2 to the current EE baldurized engine?

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 71
    Redrake said:

BillyYank said:

They took the entire array of animations from that game. Including Maede for example.

What part of no one can find the source code can't you understand?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 441
    Redrake said:

BillyYank said:

IWD2 was actually built around 3rd edition D&D, rather than the creole 2.7e we got in BG2. There are enough required engine differences that without the source code it would take infinitely longer (and be far simpler to just rebuild for 5e, which brings issues of its own)
    Pokota said:

Redrake said:

BillyYank said:

IWD2 was actually built around 3rd edition D&D, rather than the creole 2.7e we got in BG2. There are enough required engine differences that without the source code it would take infinitely longer (and be far simpler to just rebuild for 5e, which brings issues of its own)
    That's where you are wrong. Initially IWD2 began as an expansion of the BG2 system. It would suppose to have kits and skills, but with feats similar to HLAs.

Leftovers from the time before they switched to the current engine are still in the game files. Just to give you an example, there were supposed to be 3 kits for each class (obviously not for mages), for fighter (Kensai, Wizard Slayer and Mercenary), for Paladin (Cavalier, Inquisitor, Votary), for thief (Assassin, Swashbuckler, Arcane Rogue), for Ranger (Archer, Stalker, Giant Killer), for Bard (Blade, Riddlemaster, Skald), for Druid (Avenger, Shapeshifter, Aes Dana) and for Cleric (Bane, Tempus, Selune).

And I am talking about converting the campaign of IWD2 the entire game to the current EE version. This can be done. Sure, it would mean to replace Feats with HLAs and a lot of fixes in regard to skills, which would need to be revamped, but is nowhere as complicated as re-building the source-code, especially since some of the files are there, as I said. Keep in mind that the original IWD2 team built the game within just 10 months.
    semiticgodPokotaNoonRavandel
  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 6,639
    Yup. IWD2 with a 2E EE engine would basically just be creating an EE mega mod with a few slight rule tweaks.

There are no areas, cutscenes, puzzles, or dialogues in IWD2 that require a 3E engine. It's just that the game play would not be 3rd edition.
    RedrakePokotaRavandel