Skip to content

Wild Surge Issue 4 - The Villains Issue

We're back!

And with a vengeance... muhaha *cough*
Issue 4 of the Wild Surge is all about villains. The articles inside include: Which is the better villain Sarevok or Irenicus? A review of Injustice 2, the new DC Superhero/Supervillain beat 'em up game by Netherrealms; Games where the player is the villain and of course a continuation of Lava's Modding Tutorial.

If you are looking for past issues, they all can be found at https://www.wildsurge.ca/archive The previous issue can be read on our website, with this issue taking its place in a week or two.

Thanks to @LavaDelVortel, @O_Bruce, @SFisch, @Anduin, @mlnevese, @Typo_tilly, @Nonnahswriter, @LordRumfish, @CrevsDaak, @Argent77 and @Semiticgod for helping out with this issue.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns or complaints or would like to help us out with future issues, please email us at the.wild.surge@gmail.ca

And thanks for being the awesome community that you are.
NonnahswriterO_Bruce[Deleted User]Grond0ThacoBellmlneveseargent77ArctodusGusindakanisathaAnduinJuliusBorisovAerakarWarChiefZekeArdanisCrevsDaakZaghoulelminsterlolien

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I noticed the new magazine only last night! (Yes, I need new spectacles.) So now I've read all four volumes in quick succession to catch up.

Nice work, guys, I'm enjoying it! (Well, there have been a couple of articles about subjects which don't interest me, but obviously tastes vary and other readers will love those same articles, so that's to be expected and keeps the appeal broad.)

I like the suggestion (made in the threads about earlier volumes) that you could introduce occasional Volo-and-Elminster-style interjections. That'd probably fit your developing house style rather well.

You could use a little more proof-reading to avoid typos, etc.; I've seen a few. (Note to @LavaDelVortel - that includes a couple of typos in your tutorial code, where precision is obviously important.)

@LordRumfish - whoever is doing the layout design doesn't like your poetry corner. Your poem in the first volume was fully readable, then made slightly difficult by the runic background in the second volume, then more difficult by the heavy font-shadowing in the third volume, and almost illegible by the ghastly melting all-caps font in the fourth volume. By next time, I don't expect to be able to read your poem at all! (Yes, I've already acknowledged that I need new spectacles, but I'm probably not the only one.)
    NonnahswriterCrevsDaak[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited June 2017
    Nitpicking:

However, there are also less welcome changes. Enchanted weapons such as Daystar now hit as +2 unless the wielder’s target is an evil creature (in which case the sword hits as +4, like it would in vanilla).

Daystar hitting at +4 is a BG2 Fixpack change. It hits at +2--and always at +2--in vanilla, making it notably ineffective against Kangaxx. I suppose the Fixpack team should take immense pride because apparently it's assumed that Fixpack is baseline BG2.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Great job ya'll. :) It was great to see a nice 'case for the crooks'. And as for @Anduin, (always a good read for me), ya gots to be at end, of course, cause ain't that, 'THE END'? Or is it, "Booyyyy", as The Tall Man sayeth.

Reminds me, it woulda been nice to have had Angus Scrimm voice something in BG. ;)B)
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell[Deleted User]Anduin