Skip to content

Wilson Chronicles - expansion of the furry paragon

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    I need to think about this. For a while, it should be available as a seperate mod. Not because I don't like it, but because I know the mod is being translated. If this is to be implemented, then it would be later, when I get the .tra files. I hope that's fine with you @badungu
  • badungubadungu Member Posts: 53
    @LavaDelVortel , take your time, people could who wants this tweak could use it as a seperate mod so long. :)
    LavaDelVortel
    Thanks for understanding :)
    I once mentioned Wilson is being translated and... yep, the new language option is here! Wilson is now available in Polish! Some typos were found in the original text, so there are some minor corrections in English language, too. Grab the new version!

Translation was prepared by Stars of Mystra (BorekUTD, Cahir, Christoff, memory, morgan). Thanks, everyone! :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    So I grabbed this on a whim earlier this week, as Wilson was the only NPC I had never used. Gotta say, I am really enjoying this mod. Almost every interaction gets at least a chuckle from me.
    OrlonKronsteen
    I'm glad you like it :)
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Is he romanceable? :p
    edited December 2017
    No... But he's a beary good friend.
    megamike15ThacoBellbooinyoureyesStummvonBordwehr
    Quick question about the duck quest in SoA. Will I encounter them along the main path, or I have to go retread every dungeon I've already visited to track them down?
    They may appear in different dungeons. They always come in groups of three. You have to kill 12 Corrupted Ducklings but there are 7 different dungeons where they may appear. So you must find 4 out of 7 groups.
    But yeah, there is a chance you visitd some of those places. In case you had some problems finding them:

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR0404.bcs~ ~WilsonChronicles/baf/ducklings/AR0404.baf~ // Spawn Corrupted Ducklings in Sewers beneath Coronet
    EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR0701.bcs~ ~WilsonChronicles/baf/ducklings/AR0701.baf~ // Spawn Corrupted Ducklings in Sewers
    EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR0802.bcs~ ~WilsonChronicles/baf/ducklings/AR0802.baf~ // Spawn Corrupted Ducklings in Graveyard Tomb
    EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR1202.bcs~ ~WilsonChronicles/baf/ducklings/AR1202.baf~ // Spawn Corrupted Ducklings in Firkraag's Maze
    EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR1514.bcs~ ~WilsonChronicles/baf/ducklings/AR1514.baf~ // Spawn Corrupted Ducklings in Bodhi's Lair
    EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR2100.bcs~ ~WilsonChronicles/baf/ducklings/AR2100.baf~ // Spawn Corrupted Ducklings in Underdark
    EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR0204.bcs~ ~WilsonChronicles/baf/ducklings/AR0204.baf~ // Spawn Corrupted Ducklings in Amaunator Temple Exterior
    ThacoBell
    I'm glad I asked, I have already visited every one of those places haha
    Well, lucky you then! :D Enjoy the mod and Christmas Time with the Furry Paragon :P
    ThacoBell
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Sorry if this was answered previously, but I was curious if Wilson has or if there are any plans for crossmod banter? Mainly with your other NPCs, such as Petsy or Will, but really with any other NPC mods as well. The more Bear Banter, the better!
    Those released later already have talks out there. Just no news were published, because I consider it a normal banters rather than some crossmod content. Will always had talks with Wilson. It's the same with my new Skie mod (Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul). When Verr BG2 is public, the first version will already include talks with Wilson. It's hard to say if I'll ever add new talks to my older NPCs.
    Dawglicious
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Dawglicious Wilson is a BeamDog NPC, so not every mod NPC having banters with him will call it crossmod banter. For example, my Ajantis BGII mod (v15 - in testing) and my Solaufein (still mostly in German) have banters with Wilson.
    DawgliciousStummvonBordwehr
    ...so enjoy Wilson along with some mod NPCs: they may have something to tell our favorite furry paragon! :)
    Dawglicious
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Awesome, thank you both for the responses! I hadn't really considered that he is a default EE NPC, and therefore recent or updated mods may include content for Wilson.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    I used this mod last year with my Shaman PC and really enjoyed it. Thanks for your hard work! :smile:
    ThacoBell
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    edited July 2019
    Another humble bug report: The dialogue between Sarevok and Wilson in ToB causes the game to crash.

Would also like to point out that I completely adore this little mini-mod and could never have had Wilson in my party without it :smile:

EDIT: The problem can be avoided through using the console with
    C:SetGlobal("L#WilsonSarevokTOB","GLOBAL",1) in order to avoid the dialogue.
    Post edited by Fina92 on
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    To use this mod, do i need to make a new game or can i install it on a current game where i already picked Wilson as a companion?
    I'm afraid it may be a bad idea. The base Wilson NPC is really small and as far as I remember also his files are significantly updated.
    Thanks to @Austin87 the mod now includes a Russian translation! :) Thanks!
    I testes it a week ago and it worked, so I guess some mod conflict or you could have installed after you already started a new game and maybe the creature file was already loaded and wasn't modified. Original Wilson could use less items than the one in the mod. IIRC he is now also able to use necklaces while original game also never allowed that.
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    ?? isn't freegog a pirated software site?
    evildevil97Zaghoul
    I think it's best to use original 2.0+ versions with this mod. Many changes were introduced in 2.0 engine and many maintained EE mods will assume you are using an up-to-date game.
    ThacoBellmegamike15Zaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Folks, any discussion of piracy is not allowed on this forum. Please re-read the site rules stated at the top of every page.
    3. No Piracy.
    Any discussion of piracy is not allowed, including, but not limited to encouraging to pirate games for any reason, sharing links to illegal copies of video games, cracks, and key generators.

-Site Staff
    Djinn
    @Zaghoul - that is why I suggested original and up-to-date version.
    Sorry, nothing I can do with this problem.
    ZaghoulStummvonBordwehr
    edited January 2020
    @LavaDelVortel ,no worries, your fine. :)
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    @Zaghoul sorry, just to make sure i didn't break any rules - was it alright of me to address the issue?
    @djinn Your fine, thanks for the heads up on the site. It's still always best to flag a post or PM a moderator anytime piracy or any other rules violation is mentioned. We'll take it from there. The issue is resolved.

Everyone please carry on with the excellent Wilson Chronicles as before. :)
    DjinnLavaDelVortelStummvonBordwehr