Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Using the latest release version, when selecting a deity as a FMC, I get a response "no valid replies or links"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited July 2017

- medium swords = long sword
    - curved swords = scimitar + katana
    - bastard swords = bastard sword
    - greatswords = 2-hand sword

I like this one.

Edit: i kinda like this one as well:

- medium swords = long sword + scimitar
    - curved swords = katana
    - large swords = bastard sword + 2-hand sword

edited July 2017
    edited July 2017
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited July 2017
    I would like to see ol Urdlen get into the game, as we don't have our one evil gnome deity represented yet. B)

Bloodstalker of Urdlen

Urdlen's priests wage an unending war on communities of the Forgotten Folk, particularly the clergies of the other gnome gods. When not hunting other creatures, members of the priesthood work to steal, deface, or destroy objects of value, particularly gems and works of art. They share their lord's love for evil and deadly pranks directed against all living creatures, including plants, and especially gnomes. Priests must satisfy Urdlen first, so he does not come for them, then do what they want to do. They believe existence is a cosmic joke before death, the truth behind it all, comes at Urdlen's claws. Sharing the cruel ironies and harsh humor of existence with others is only kind, for it helps to toughen them for what is coming in the end.

Cleric/Thief

Alignment: Any evil
    Race: Gnome
    Weapons: As Thief
    Armor: Any
    Shield: Any
    Turn Undead:Yes (perhaps at a lesser lvl)

Ability Scores: Min Wis & Dex per cleric and thief, PLUS Min Con 13, Max Chr 12

Primary Focus: Chaos (if that gets added as a possibility-maybe earth otherwise)
    Major:Dread, Affliction, Deception, Earth, Death, Destruction
    Minor: Fire, Knowledge, War, Thought, Shadow

Special: 1st lvl 1st lvl Blindness/1/day
    3rd lvl Blur 1/day
    5th lvl Stinking Cloud1/day
    10th lvl Feeblemind 1/day
    15th lvl Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting 1/day
    Just a rough idea. Combo of a couple different builds out there melded with FnP

Not quite sure how specials are handled given some would be in spheres (maybe just keep stinking cloud, feeblemind and horrid wilting.

References:
    http://tinybatman.com/add/greyhawk/gods_of_greyhawk/urdlen.html
    http://matthewfenn.ipage.com/nj-pbem/data/Gods/gnomegods/Urdlen.htm
    edited July 2017

I think these changes basically mean that this mod will be incompatible with the "alter proficiency system" components in Tweaks Anthology. On the other hand, I think Item Revisions will be installed before FnP, so we can code specific compatibility for IR. The "Weapon Changes" component of IR makes these very sensible changes:
    - Ninja-to: Proficiency changed from Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To to Short Sword.
    - Wakizashi: Proficiency changed from Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To to Katana/Wakizashi.
    - Morningstar: Proficiency changed from Flail/Morning Star to Mace/Morning Star.

Since this will already be installed, we can detect the proficiencies of these weapons and set their item type accordingly. Knock on wood. I'm trying to set it up now.

Hmm. I really want to make changes as minimal as possible. As it is I'm going to have to rewrite a couple sections of my other mods to deal with this. :lol: Here's what I think:

- Change clubs from #17 to #26 "quarterstaves." Now clubs can have different usability from maces.
    - Change halberds from #30 to #69 "bastard swords." That frees up a 1-handed slot.
    - Change spears from #29 to #44 "clubs." Now two 1-handed slots are freed up.
    - If IR is not installed, change morning stars to #23 "flails," to match their proficiency.
    - If IR is installed, change morning stars to #17 "maces," to match their proficiency. Now three 1-handed slots are freed up.
    - Change 2-hand swords from "large swords" to #57 "greatswords."
    - Change short swords from "small swords" to #16 "daggers."

So that means in the swords category, we have long sword, bastard sword, scimitar, and and katana. Wakizashi will either be joined with scimitar (vanilla) or with katana (IR). For those four weapons, we have the categories "small sword," "large sword," "morning star," "spear," and "halberd."

Crap, we have an extra category! I did my job too well. I guess we can bring short swords back as a separate category. So to the above list of changes I will add these:

- Short swords stay as "small swords."
    - Long swords stay as "large swords."
    - Change bastard swords to #22 "morning star."
    - Change scimitar to #29 "spear."
    - Change katana to #30 "halberd."

This will allow us to have distinct variables for almost every weapon type, with the exception of clubs and staffs which will be merged. (And if we really wanted to, because they are 2-handed, we could move staffs to a higher category like #51 "rods," or something.)

I think it was a given that this was not going to be compatible with TA alter proficiency system...

I guess try to make it as easy for yourself as possible...
    @Zaghoul submission added to github
    edited July 2017
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    The new versions with revamped weapon proficiencies system seems incompatible with weapon tweak in SoB. I tried once and my character can only use staff and spear which defined as simple weapon in 0.70c.

And I reinstalled without all components in SoB, the issue is fixed in that installation.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited July 2017
    Does install option 1 work? I had read earlier that option 2 should be used, but wanted to confirm.
    edited July 2017
    I tried installing with option 1 on BGEE with the latest 0.70d install. Started a new game and selected a CN human cleric. Once in game I selected the ability to select the deity. I see I have an option for a Stormbringer of Talos (new kit from FnP) as well as a Priest of Talos (original BGEE kit description). This seems odd?

EDIT: Do acolytes now get 8hp per level? My Fastpaws of Baervan is getting 8hp at level 1.

EDIT2: I am getting a scroll in my inventory that has no description. I can put it in my quick slot and use it, but nothing happens.

EDIT3: I thought Acolytes get 2 bonus spells. My 1st level Fastpaws of Baervan with 17 WIS only has 4 spell slots which means I only got 1 bonus spell for the Acolyte.
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    @Necromanx2 AFAIK that scroll is for memorization, it mentioned in previous update, i.e after you choosing your deity and memorize spell you can consume this spell and use the memorize spells immediately without rest.
    Ah! Thanks franco8737
    I tried an Acolyte of Dynier (the Glyphsribe) and he got the 8hp at level 1 and only one bonus spell.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The priest of Umberlee gets Storm Shield special ability at level one. Description says it should be Crashing Wave.

Did I not add a description for that scroll?? :lol: My bad. The idea is, you start out with no spells, then you choose a kit and get spells, the scroll lets you memorize them so you can play without resting. It only works once, it's just a beginning-of-the-game convenience.

Acolyte are only meant to have one bonus spell slot. I forget what the intent is for their hit points... @Grammarsalad are we only giving them 1d6? Or was that Incarnates?

I think it was d6...it's been so long that i forget. What works best?
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Hello. Considering using this mod again for a new run, but my question is if the Shaman conflict have been resolved? i.e Is shaman able to choose spells upon level up? I know that this did not work before.

/Cheers Rangeltoft
    edited July 2017
    I just tried creating a FTR / Elementalist dual class in BGEE. Became 3rd lvl Fighter and then dualed to Elementalist. It shows I can select Scimitar as a proficiency (for Mystics -> Occultist which is where the Elementalist currently falls), but then scimitar in my inventory are red and cannot be equipped.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on

Hmm... oh, maybe because the Elementalist is a single-class kit, but as a character with two classes, you use the multiclass proficiency table? And it would work fine if you adopted an actual multiclass kit? But that can't happen, because the multiclass kits are for multiclasses, and as a dual-class character with an inactive class, you are technically a single-class character?

Gaddam dual-classing ruins everything!

Sigh.

You know @Grammarsalad, the 2.0 engine has script triggers that can detect whether you are dual-classed... maybe we can add something to the deity dialogue to check for that, and if you have an inactive class it will only allow you to choose a multiclass kit involving that class. That should solve this issue. Probably. It will be complicated, but let's put it on the to-do list.

Except... Hmm. I don't even know whether a multiclass kit would work on a dual-class character. Would the clab effects trigger? What HLAs would you get? This is uncharted territory...

Lol, i have no idea either...anyway, putting on the list.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited July 2017
    Why the heck not? I'm going mod crazy this week anyway, I'll throw on the test pile for my current run.

@subtledoctor @Grammarsalad I'm an installation error "invalid argument index out of bounds". I don't know what that means or how to fix it.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    ThacoBell said:

Why the heck not? I'm going mod crazy this week anyway, I'll throw on the test pile for my current run.

@subtledoctor @Grammarsalad I'm an installation error "invalid argument index out of bounds". I don't know what that means or how to fix it.

We'll need a bit more information than that. :) which version of fnp? Which game? Any other mods installed? Can you post your log?
    edited July 2017

ThacoBell said:

We'll need a bit more information than that. :) which version of fnp? Which game? Any other mods installed? Can you post your log?
    ahahaha, uh. As for the questions I know how to answer. I have ATweaks Rogue Rebalance and TweaksAnthology. I know some of the components are redundant and I tried to skim the thread for compatibility issues, but its kinda bloated. Any hard problems with the tweak packs? I'm on BG2EE. Oh, its the lastest release of fnp. I'm also using the previous release of Might and Guile.
    edited July 2017
    @subtledoctor about that, I already verified my files to make a new clean install. Should FnP come before or after Might and Guile? I remember Might and Guile comes before the other tweak packs according to the readme. The FnP readme doesn't mention install order at all. Not sure where on the list a complete spell system overhaul would be.
    Here's my debug. I tried to install FnP before tweak packs and got the exact same error.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    Okay, by messing around with the order, I think I got it. I put FnP BEFORE Might and Guile, Tome and Blood, and the tweak packs. Everything has installed. Hopefully game runs without major conflicts.