Skip to content

How far have you reached in the entire trilogy on a No Reload Challenge?

SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
  1. How far have you reached in the entire trilogy on a No Reload Challenge?32 votes
    1. All the way to the end and survived! Clearly I am a God!
      12.50%
    2. Fell to the final challenges in Throne of Bhaal
        6.25%
    3. Died before exacting my revenge on my torturer in BG2
        9.38%
    4. Failed to stop the crusade in SOD
        3.13%
    5. Struck down during my hunt for the Armoured Fiend in BG1
        9.38%
    6. Obliterated by Tarnesh. Oh the humiliation!
        6.25%
    7. Never attempted. I use magic to reverse time to before I die!
      53.13%
JuliusBorisovtbone1AerakarOrlonKronsteen

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    All of the above (with the exception of never attempted) - most of them many, many times :p.
    JuliusBorisovArctodusOrlonKronsteen
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The hilarious part was that it wasn't an intentional no-reload attempt. My Ranger/Cleric was simply unkillable. In the end it was being stunned by the earthquake hammer (first time he ever failed that save) while storming Dragonspear.
    JuliusBorisovtbone1OrlonKronsteen
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Actually it was a bear...

Then it was a vampiric wolf... Then my reload days left with my will to live...
    JuliusBorisovtbone1OrlonKronsteendeltago
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I never did a pentilogy (BG1 TotSC SoD SoA ToB), but quite some quadrilogies before SoD was ever thought of. I did a transmuter noreload SoD run though.

My best noreload run was improved anvil, but it was only SoA+ToB.

I plan to do the pentilogy at some point but I have no time for it now... For trilogy I think I qualify for divinity.
    ArctodusJuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteen
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I've only tried it once, but I got poisoned by a wyvern just before the Cloakwood Mines while in Fire Salamander form. The form is hasted, which means double poison damage over time, and I couldn't shift out of the salamander form fast enough to cure it since I already expended an action that round.
    tbone1JuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteen
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited July 2017
    Embarrassed to admit as the OP of the ongoing no-reload thread that I have yet to finish a full trilogy noreload run. (It sure doesn't help to play with SCS.)

One day, though, one day...
    lroumenGrond0OrlonKronsteenArctodus
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    It's not using magic, it's clearly traveling to an alternate timeline where such an event never happened in the first place.
    tbone1OrlonKronsteen
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i use the power of bhaal to make me imortal at level 1.
    tbone1OrlonKronsteen
    Ygramul said:

Embarrassed to admit as the OP of the ongoing no-reload thread that I have yet to finish a full trilogy noreload run. (It sure doesn't help to play with SCS.)

One day, though, one day...

I have had that problem for a long time until I played with a shadow party. That really helped scout out thought mistakes for upcoming battles in my improved anvil run.
    I would learn not just from the noreload but more so from that other party. I would only engage with my noreload if I was confident enough that an approach was solid and low risk
    or I would know to retreat and try a different encounter instead.

Nowadays I don't play with a shadow party except for extremely challenging mods.
    Ygramul
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I've only tried it once. I rolled a 95 on blackguard with 18/82 strength. I left Candlekeep with an sick, gloating confidence and dreams of dark glory. Then a wolf came and I died. The end.

Seriously, my restartitis is bad enough without no reload challenges. :)
    Anduintbone1ArctodusStummvonBordwehr
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    lroumen said:

My best noreload run was improved anvil, but it was only SoA+ToB.

I plan to do the pentilogy at some point but I have no time for it now... For trilogy I think I qualify for divinity.

Good god, no-reloaded Improved Anvil. The list of people who managed that must be really short. Many hats off to you. With this kind of feat, you more than deserve divinity...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited July 2017
    Speaking of which, @Iroumen, do you have any screenshots or notes on that run? Or, do you have any plans for re-creating the feat and showing off for us?

I am no fan of the mod, but knowing the mod for what it is, having a documented no-reload of Improved Anvil on this forum would be absolutely glorious.
    ThacoBellGrond0Arctodus
    edited July 2017
    It must have been five years ago so nothing but memories I'm afraid. However, I am planning my next run to redo that. I'm waiting for the new release that should come out this month. I put it off for half a year already because it is actually quite scary to play and then I heard about the new release...

First I will attempt a few lob runs to see how far I can get. Then when I get stuck I will just do a run on core. I am sure many horrible deaths and reloads await me just like always. Watchers Keep scares me the most.

@Arctodus By the way, that list is around 6 people that I know of in the bwl forums. I am sure there are more crazy enough to do it.
    semiticgoddessArctodus