Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How far have you reached in the entire trilogy on a No Reload Challenge?

SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214

How far have you reached in the entire trilogy on a No Reload Challenge? 32 votes

All the way to the end and survived! Clearly I am a God!
12%
SpaceInvaderlroumensemiticgoddessEnuhal 4 votes
Fell to the final challenges in Throne of Bhaal
6%
JuliusBorisovYgramul 2 votes
Died before exacting my revenge on my torturer in BG2
9%
Mantis37tbone1Arctodus 3 votes
Failed to stop the crusade in SOD
3%
ThacoBell 1 vote
Struck down during my hunt for the Armoured Fiend in BG1
9%
FlashburnSeveronFinneousPJ 3 votes
Obliterated by Tarnesh. Oh the humiliation!
6%
AnduinOrlonKronsteen 2 votes
Never attempted. I use magic to reverse time to before I die!
53%
ShYarivArcanisHadarTimbo0o0o0NoonredlineLord_Tansheronsmady3helmo1977ArdulAerakarQuickbladebrunardomegamike15JumboWheat01GenderNihilismGirdleMarley 17 votes
JuliusBorisovtbone1AerakarOrlonKronsteen

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,008
    All of the above (with the exception of never attempted) - most of them many, many times :p.

JuliusBorisovArctodusOrlonKronsteen
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,211
    Failed to stop the crusade in SOD
    The hilarious part was that it wasn't an intentional no-reload attempt. My Ranger/Cleric was simply unkillable. In the end it was being stunned by the earthquake hammer (first time he ever failed that save) while storming Dragonspear.

JuliusBorisovtbone1OrlonKronsteen
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Actually it was a bear...

Then it was a vampiric wolf... Then my reload days left with my will to live...

JuliusBorisovtbone1OrlonKronsteendeltago
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,385
    I never did a pentilogy (BG1 TotSC SoD SoA ToB), but quite some quadrilogies before SoD was ever thought of. I did a transmuter noreload SoD run though.

My best noreload run was improved anvil, but it was only SoA+ToB.

I plan to do the pentilogy at some point but I have no time for it now... For trilogy I think I qualify for divinity.

ArctodusJuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteen
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,838
    Struck down during my hunt for the Armoured Fiend in BG1
    I've only tried it once, but I got poisoned by a wyvern just before the Cloakwood Mines while in Fire Salamander form. The form is hasted, which means double poison damage over time, and I couldn't shift out of the salamander form fast enough to cure it since I already expended an action that round.

tbone1JuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteen
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited July 2017
    Fell to the final challenges in Throne of Bhaal
    Embarrassed to admit as the OP of the ongoing no-reload thread that I have yet to finish a full trilogy noreload run. (It sure doesn't help to play with SCS.)

One day, though, one day...

lroumenGrond0OrlonKronsteenArctodus
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    It's not using magic, it's clearly traveling to an alternate timeline where such an event never happened in the first place.

tbone1OrlonKronsteen
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,634
    i use the power of bhaal to make me imortal at level 1.

tbone1OrlonKronsteen
    Ygramul said:

Embarrassed to admit as the OP of the ongoing no-reload thread that I have yet to finish a full trilogy noreload run. (It sure doesn't help to play with SCS.)

One day, though, one day...

I have had that problem for a long time until I played with a shadow party. That really helped scout out thought mistakes for upcoming battles in my improved anvil run.
    I would learn not just from the noreload but more so from that other party. I would only engage with my noreload if I was confident enough that an approach was solid and low risk
    or I would know to retreat and try a different encounter instead.

Nowadays I don't play with a shadow party except for extremely challenging mods.

Ygramul
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 865
    I've only tried it once. I rolled a 95 on blackguard with 18/82 strength. I left Candlekeep with an sick, gloating confidence and dreams of dark glory. Then a wolf came and I died. The end.

Seriously, my restartitis is bad enough without no reload challenges. :)

Anduintbone1ArctodusStummvonBordwehr
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 996
    Died before exacting my revenge on my torturer in BG2
    lroumen said:

My best noreload run was improved anvil, but it was only SoA+ToB.

I plan to do the pentilogy at some point but I have no time for it now... For trilogy I think I qualify for divinity.

Good god, no-reloaded Improved Anvil. The list of people who managed that must be really short. Many hats off to you. With this kind of feat, you more than deserve divinity...

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,833
    edited July 2017
    Speaking of which, @Iroumen, do you have any screenshots or notes on that run? Or, do you have any plans for re-creating the feat and showing off for us?

I am no fan of the mod, but knowing the mod for what it is, having a documented no-reload of Improved Anvil on this forum would be absolutely glorious.

ThacoBellGrond0Arctodus
    edited July 2017
    It must have been five years ago so nothing but memories I'm afraid. However, I am planning my next run to redo that. I'm waiting for the new release that should come out this month. I put it off for half a year already because it is actually quite scary to play and then I heard about the new release...

First I will attempt a few lob runs to see how far I can get. Then when I get stuck I will just do a run on core. I am sure many horrible deaths and reloads await me just like always. Watchers Keep scares me the most.

@Arctodus By the way, that list is around 6 people that I know of in the bwl forums. I am sure there are more crazy enough to do it.

semiticgoddessArctodus