Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    It's not related to the UI, BGEE v1.3 worked this way regarding the 2nd-class kit as well.
    You can test it by creating a Cleric->(Beastmaster), they get full Ranger proficiency selection up until they reactivate the Cleric Class, at which point they get the standard Cleric/Ranger Proficiency selection, but they never get the Beastmasters more limited no-metal selection, regardless of which class the Beastmaster kit is (re)assigned (Ranger or Cleric/Ranger).
    Interestingly, if you reassign it as a Cleric Kit, after reactivation, you will get the limited selection options of a Cleric/Ranger, but the best Proficiency maximums of both the Ranger Class and Beastmaster Kit (allowed Ranger up to 5 in mace, Beastmaster up to 5 in clubs, could put up to 5 points in each after reactivating).

From BG2EE v1.3 onward however, they did this: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/22271. It was initially reported back in 2014 (before redmine), again in 2015, and as linked in 2016. Guess it's time for its annual checkup.
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

For an illustration of the problem, install the attached mod on IWDEE, and on BGEE:
    - 1.2 BG2EE engine: clerics of Helm can get proficiency in bastard swords
    - 1.3 BGEE engine: clerics of Helm can get proficiency in bastard swords
    - 1.4 engine: clerics of Helm can get proficiency in bastard swords
    - 1.3 BG2EE engine: clerics of Helm can NOT get proficiency in bastard swords
    - 2.3 engine: clerics of Helm can NOT get proficiency in bastard swords
    - 2.3 engine with the "unhide chargen options" UI mod: clerics of Helm CAN get proficiency in bastard swords

This issue also predates the v2.0 update. The UI actually improved something here, it may not have fixed it, but at least it opened it back up.

It's the same bug I linked, it affects both priest kits and priest->duals (kitted or unkitted).
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The download link is just sending me back to this thread.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    ThacoBell said:

Weird.
    Try this:
    https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/releases/tag/0.71a
  • SchmooplesSchmooples Member Posts: 22
    I used BWS to insall FNP. I chose Install Option 2. I went ahead and created a CM in TOB. None of the kit options were available in the menu. When I got a hold of my character, I went to the abilities bar, and I had the Deity selection spell even though I chose Option 2. So I go ahead and Choose Dweomerweaver of Mystra, my character had no spells aside from the universal spells and Arcane Weaving. Monitor of Azuth also had the same problem. Additionally, Are CM's not allowed to use Mage items? For example, the CM I created wasn't allowed to equip Ring of Acuity.

ThacoBell said:

Weird.
    Try this:
    https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/releases/tag/0.71a
    Works, thanks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FNP won't install anymore.
    If it helps, I'm only using Minimal Setting in BWS
    This is weird. It looks like FnP mostly installed, but Jaheira isn't getting her Druid of Silvanus kit. I used the choose a deity option, and it shows the kit and description, but its not applying to her. She is only getting one spell of each level, as if she had no deity selected. For some reason, I can't put any scrolls into my scrollcase either. It says the item type is not allowed. I don't know if this last one is related to FnP at all, but it is currently the only mod acting up (that I can tell). I have attached my weidu log.
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for looking into it.
    edited August 2017
    edited August 2017
    edited August 2017
    ..I despise dual class, but I'm not for disallowing it unless absolutely necessary (I don't want to tell others how to play). We could add a warning about proficiency selection, I suppose...
    edited August 2017
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    How well the sphere system reacts to IWD spells added by either IWDfication or @Grammarsalad mod?
    edited August 2017
    Raduziel said:

How well the sphere system reacts to IWD spells added by either IWDfication or @Grammarsalad mod?

As subtle already said, the spells are exactly the same. Actually, right now, i highly recommend not installing b_spells if you are also installing fnp. There are fixes in the current release of fnp that haven't made it to b_spells. The balance will tip in the other direction soon--i.e. the next version of b_spells will be more up to date than fnp-- but for now just install fnp.

I'll be sure to make it known when that changes.

Edit: also note that the semester is going to start soon, so I won't be around that much. It should be a relatively light semester, though, so I'm hoping that I'll have some time to mod
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    Using @subtledoctor 's file I made this kit compatible with I Hate Undead Kitpack.

Here are the kits spheres:

Undead Redeemer:

Minor access: Life, Destruction, Exploration, Thought, Dread, Earth, Shadow, Magic

Major access: Death*, Benediction, Protection, War, Knowledge, Vigor, Fire, Light.

* Despite being a major access, spells that create undead are banned.

----------------

Circle Enforcer:

Minor access: Benediction, Protection, Exploration, Magic

Major access: Life, Knowledge, Thought, Vigot, Affliction, Animal*, Plant, Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Light

* Despite being a major access, animal summoning spells are banned - the same goes for Call Woodland Being.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Raduziel, congrats on your mod!

It seems to me that the Circle Enforcer is pretty strong with spheres. Shouldn't you remove Animal access and make minor Plant, Earth, and Water? He will still have superior spells, but be focused on what the class description says? As is, he is WAY better then any druid in F&P as well as the Elementalist (in my opinion).
    @Necromanx2 Thank you :)

Looks like it is strong, but I'm actually only simulating two spheres from PnP: Elemental and Weather. FnP splits it into several spheres.

And the Enforcer is a druid focused in blasting spells anyway.

I thought about restrict more its spheres but it would lose access to some spells that I think is crucial for this kit.
    @subtledoctor I know you couldn't replicate it, but Jaheira is STILL not getting her priest spells. I did a clean install and Druid of Silvanus is not working with her.
    Okay, I re-did everything a third time, and Jaheira FINALLY has her proper class. I had to install every component individually. For some reason, everytime I used install option 2, she wouldn't receive her class or spells.
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    So I just finished a playthrough of SoA using all the mods you all have made (FnP, SoB, M&G and T&B) and I had a blast playing it. Definitely made the game even better for me. Just wanted to say you guys have done a great job, and I look forward to what you guys have to offer. Now its time to play ToB and then start my evil party :)

ThacoBell said:

For some reason, everytime I used install option 2, she wouldn't receive her class or spells.

Need to know which Jaheira - in which game. Also weidu.log.
    BGEE+SoD, BG portion of the game. First time meeting her in the FAI. The log is the same as the one I posted above.