Skip to content

5 keys for the new Portrait Pack: Faces of Good and Evil (Forum Contest till August, 20)

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited August 2017 in Archived News
Hello, everyone!

Yesterday we released the Portrait Pack: Faces of Good and Evil on Steam (http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/08/new-portrait-pack-faces-of-good-and-evil.html)

In addition to the contests on Twitter and on Facebook, we're arranging a contest for our dear forumites. On Twitter and Facebook, the contest is around the "Name this adventurer!" concept.

To get a chance to win your key for the new Portrait Pack by acclaimed artist, Kieran Yanner, on the forum, describe why you want it, why you would like to get new portraits. The contest will run till the end of this week (August, 20, 23:59 Pacific Time).

Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
AedanlolienShikaolefreut[Deleted User]gugulug5000AerakarAkerhonBrutaleBentkaguanaFemShepAdul

Comments

• squareincsquareinc Member Posts: 2
    Will the pack be available to GOG customers?
    darko1beamdog
  • modemheadmodemhead Member Posts: 13
    Bought Siege of Dragonspear almost a year ago and couldnt find the time to start a new entire playthrough of the series , maybe the new portraits would give me ideas for my charname 2017 playthrough!
    lolienShikao
  • BrutaleBentBrutaleBent Member Posts: 36
    Played the original unmodded BG series way back when they were released, and luckily/randomly got to try SoD in my summer holiday, ultimately resulting in I want to replay the series again, so just bought them - and what more to help getting started than more portrait options, that looks pretty great to boot. :smiley:

Now on to getting the whole mods galore figured out... :open_mouth:
    lolienAerakar
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    As much as I dog Beamdog for some things, I can't fault the end product. The Collector's Box is gorgeous and the game itself is a lot of fun. Getting to hear the voice actors reprise their roles from Baldur's Gate was such a treat. I would love to add a few more portraits to my collection to continue my adventures.
    AstroBryGuy
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I need them, because I already have a party in mind for them! =P

Mage/Assassin
    Illusionist
    Priest of Lathander
    Cavalier
    Undead Hunter
    Sorcerer (or Dragon Disciple)

Party composition may change upon seeing all portraits unobstructed =D
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Because I must gather my party before venturing forth.
    And this could be my party (and I die if they won't do)
    ShikaoNoobacca
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I want this, but for bg2ee. Any chance of that happening...
    Aerakar
  • PaulvonNodPaulvonNod Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2017
    I want this portrait pack, because more portraits is never enough. Besides, these are frickin' awesome!
    I remember playing these games when they first come out, and I would always search for more ways to enhance my playthrough - new faces keeps the game fresh. If I wouldn't win - I will buy them anyway. It's just worth it.
    Shikao
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    I want this because portraits are the beginning. They can pave a way for your character. Who they are? Where they come from.
    Aerakar
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    I will get the portraits because I like to give Beamdog money for making cool stuff.
    ShikaoAerakar
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    For each new portrait, a new journey begins - another child of Bhaal, another class, another half day spent rolling the stats. That is I why I would love to have this DLC :)
    Aerakar
  • mediocrepoetmediocrepoet Member Posts: 5
    I'd like the portrait pack because I'm always looking for cool new PC pics and I've been thinking about starting a new trilogy run.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    For my Game of Thrones peeps out there:

I'd love to have these in game. They look great, and it's about time for me to do another playthrough of BG. More portraits are always welcome; it gives variety to my various playthroughs.
    Shikaoswit
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    squareinc said:

Will the pack be available to GOG customers?

Aedanmlnevesedarko1beamdog
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Does addiction count? Because my "portraits" folder exceeds by size the whole game (with mods). I simply HAVE to have all of them officials, unofficial sets and many random pictures I come across browsing art sites.

And now such a teaser...
    tbone1
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited August 2017
    Guess I will participate too. My mod automatically imports resources and analyses file that contains dlc data to import stuff to bg2:ee. For this reason I will need the portrait pack to prevent my mod unlocking content that should be locked away.

I'm surprised to say it (since I've been always anti-dlc guy) but EE games are the first ones I would be actually interested in buying dlc packages. Big, small, all of them. New portraits, NPCs, quests, whole adventures.

idea: there is that certain SoD plot related to dagger not yet resolved in BG2. How about a dlc? :>

------

edit: I see that the package is only for steam. Count me out from the contest in this case since I'm using Beamdog client. I will wait for it to be available there.
    Post edited by swit on
    bob_vengBrutaleBent
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    What about those that are playing through the Beamdog launcher? How do we go about getting these?

As for the contest, well I want it because the ones we had originally were a bit lacking (great potraits but almost every one of them used by an in game NPC) and the new additions with the EE were of excellent quality.

Why I like new potrait packs? It helps with the roleplay to pick a potrait and work your character to sort of fit it a little bit. Sometimes you have to disregard the portraits if there's no way to fit your intended character but often I try to emulate the portrait a little which can be akward if you have Dwarfs and such that you have to stretch your imagination to use that kickass Keldorn portrait :smile:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @swit If you're using the Beamdog client, ask our support for the Steam key for the EEs. support@beamdog.com
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    6 new portraits?

Or six new lice-laden layabouts whose lives are about to become infinitely more exciting as they get thrusted into the Black Pits!

Baeloth and I, need some more entertainment.
    tbone1MERLANCEAerakar
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    People play Baldur's Gate for different reasons. Some for the story, some for exploration, some for tactical combat, some for characters. And some, while appreciating those aspects, are focusing mainly on role-playing their characters. I am interested in the portraits, because this could expand my role-playing possibilities, since new portraits for characters you have in mind are always welcome and I'm too unskilled to make them myself.

Also, studying how these are made could help me develop further. Win on all sides.
    Aerakar
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    I have been playing the Baldur's Gate series for close to 20 years now, buying all existing versions of the games including the great SoD Collector's Edition. I always thought there were not enough portraits to choose from though, so this new pack is extremely welcome! Good luck to all
    ShikaoBrutaleBent
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    I want this portraits because i will never stop playing BGEE (i love it *_*) and crating new characters xD
    ShikaoAedanAerakar
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I want the portrait pack because I can't find a real reason NOT to have it. Its getting to be time for my yearly playthrough, and it would be nice to use something new and official.
    tbone1
  • alish74alish74 Member Posts: 11
    I think that with these portraits I will definitely finish BGEE.
    (mumble)Even think I'm sure...
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I'm using the Beamdog Client and I am not too much into using Steam, as it comes with complications (modmerge and all that...). Could we have an ETA for people in my case? This portrait pack is top-end quality from the looks of it and I would gladly buy it if given the opportunity.
    AstroBryGuyAerakar
    @Arunsun

Making the portrait pack purchasable on http://beamdog.com is on our to-do list. We have a few technical hurdles to get over first.

Anyway, the contest is now over! We've got many replies, but there're only 5 keys available! Give us some time and we'll contact the winners (through PMs)! Good luck in the draw, everyone!

And thanks for the feedback regarding the portraits!
    ArunsunAedankaguana
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited August 2017
    Yay! My party can be venturing forth! o:)>:)
    AedanlefreutJuliusBorisov
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Thanks Beamdog <3

Now I have to request a Steam key because I forgot I didn't have one :|
    AedanJuliusBorisov
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I wonder... what happens when we export character with one of those portraits to BG2?
    AedanJuliusBorisov