Skip to content

How to Attach a Save Game using the forums built-in feature

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited November 2020 in Troubleshooting
Note: These instructions will only work if your account on the forum has been verified. If you are a new to the forum you may not have access to them until you are verified.

1. Find the folder your save files are saved in. On Windows (and depending on your game) this will be found in one of the following folders

My Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

My Documents/Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition

My Documents/Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition

My Documents/Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition

Within each of these folders there may be a few different save folders. Single player saves are found in the "save" folder. Multiplayer saves are found in the "mpsave" folder.

Siege of Dragonspear save files are found in the "SodSave" folder

2. Locate the particular save file you want to attach

3. Use a third party program (like 7-Zip, Winrar, etc) to zip the save file up into a zip file.

4. Click the following button when you are making a forum post (or thread)

5. Click "Choose Files" and then select the zip file you have created to hold your save file

6. Click "Open"

7. If successful you should get something that appears at the bottom of your post that looks like this

8. Click "Post Discussion" or "Post Comment" to post your save. You might need to put some text into a post in order for it to work.

Post edited by elminster on
RavenslightJuliusBorisovTressetShikaololien

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Regarding your point 1.

For those playing the game as EET, all saves regardless of which campaign you play are in

MyDocuments/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/save

The other folders will exist as well but only contain save data from testing the initial installs and are not relevant.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited September 2017
    It's about time someone made this guide! Good work @elminster! (I really didn't notice until now do to my relative inactivity...)
    elminsterlolien
  • WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
    What about on Android?
  • galahad1313galahad1313 Member Posts: 34
    sorry didn't work for me :-(
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

sorry didn't work for me :-(

Are you on android?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @elminster, tis all good, galhad1313 has had the problem fixed in a different thread and is able to post a saved game. To answer your Q though (and for other members), yes it was android. By packing the game as a zip, galahad1313 was able to upload a game.

Gus
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • ErevisErevis Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    hello this post is one in regards to a bug where my game glitches on confronting faldorn hope we can get this resolved
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2020
    @Erevis I don't handle troubleshooting issues for the company anymore. Also your discussion post (that you created elsewhere) doesn't include a save file (it just has the text "save file".
  • nanoseednanoseed Member Posts: 5
    I don't even see a button here to attach a file. I have all the others, but there's no page icon in the hotbar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    nanoseed wrote: »
    I don't even see a button here to attach a file. I have all the others, but there's no page icon in the hotbar

I've verified your profile, try now.
    elminster