Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    Arctodus said:

The SoD cap is 500 000 xp. You gain about 2 level in SoD (only one if you're a paladin/ranger).

The cap sounds reasonable. There's still the question of how much exp characters end up with in the Chateau after the over-cap points are returned. What are those number like?
    Arctodus said:

I personally think it's not too bad, and it's a nice little reward for completing a quest that is harder than BG1. To give you an idea, I don't think that soloing SoD on a blind no-reload playthrough has a high probability of success. Even if SCS has no specific SoD content, the enemy is rather intelligent and "SCS-like" in its behavior.

Noted. Thank you for your perspective

Best,

A.

ArctodusJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    edited September 2017
    Btw I. Can any of the Bioware peeps link me to our old discussion of save anomalies? Where was that?

Btw II @Ygramul. Can we delete the deactive link to the bioware.com Adventurer's Lounge page from the intro post?
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Alesia_BH said:

Btw II @Ygramul. Can we delete the deactive link to the bioware.com Adventure's Lounge page from the intro post?

Good point. Just cleaned that old link.
    Alesia_BHWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited September 2017
    Alesia_BH said:

Btw I. Can any of the Bioware peeps link me to our old discussion of save anomalies? Where was that?

Is this what you're looking for?
    http://blackstrider.net/forum_bioware_arhiv/The_Lounge_Arhiv/forum.bioware.com/topic/560248-the-adventurers-lounge-guidance-and-support-for-no-reload-challengers-newbie-or-veteran/page-12.html
    (discussion starts near the bottom of the page and continues for a while).
    Alesia_BHJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Yuppers! Thanks, Grond0!
    JuliusBorisov
    edited September 2017
    Oops!
    Another great update, Serg. I'm really enjoying this run!

Best,

A.
    Serg_BlackStriderWise_Grimwald
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    edited September 2017
    Alesia_BH said:

This habit has bled over into my RL, actually. When I travel/adventure, people sometimes ask how or why I always have the exact right things at the exact right moment on every journey, despite carrying an unusually small & light bag. I have never answered that question.

Oh yes, for some of us, the lack of foresight is the father of many check-in issues and back pains.
    Alesia_BH said:

And with that we are up to date. Aestica is resting at the Five Flagons, planning her next move.

So I did my reading and now I'm finally up to date as well. A very enjoyable start. And if you ask me, sharing these details and particularities is just the kind of guidance/inspiration that we, for whom non-reloading in SoA is a rather rare occasion, can appreciate.

@Serg_BlackStrider And the Tidiest Party Inventory Screen Award for 2017 goes to... Anyway, it's great to see such a thorough and proper adventuring in the City! Keeping my fingers crossed for the upcoming challenges.
    Post edited by Borco on
    Serg_BlackStriderJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Alesia_BH: It's standard in this thread to put images in spoiler tags for the sake of shortening load times for viewers with slow connections. You can put things in spoilers by enclosing them in the following tags...
    [ spoiler ]Peekaboo![ / spoiler ]
    ...but without the spaces.
    Peekaboo!

Or you can highlight a section of text, click the paragraph button on the bar above your comment, and select "Spoiler" from the drop down menu, which will automatically put some spoiler tags for you.
    Peekaboo!
    ussnorwayJuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
    edited September 2017
    I've used spoiler tags in the past in this forum. I can resume doing so if others prefer.

Note, though, that the trimmed low res jpegs that I use are pretty small (~50-150k). A page full of them would only be about 1-2 mb. Also, I can bring the file sizes down further still, if need be.

(I, personally, have always preferred posts with inline images. And if load time issues can be mitigated by reigning in file size, the downside is minimal. I'll go with whatever others want, though)

Best,

A.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I always thought that pictures in spoiler tags need to be loaded anyway when you access the page. The only reason to use then would be to clutter the screen less for huge posts.
    The main item to address is file size for the pictures, so people need to save a proper for format or resize
    Alesia_BH
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    I have a question - are IWD runs allowed here? I drunkily made non-minmaxed, no-max hp, all female party with portraits exclusively provided by @darko1beamdog in his pack, and I feel like sharing.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Alesia_BH said:

I've used spoiler tags in the past in this forum. I can resume doing so if others prefer.

I personally prefer no spoiler tags. It is too much of a hassle to read with them. Besides, the very nature of this thread is spoilers anyway.
    Alesia_BH
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    my two cents: if someone uses trimmed JPGs, I see no problem with including the image inline (such as Alesia_BH does). Myself, I will use JPG and crop the image so only the bare bones necessary actually shows. I've no issues with load times so far.

I think the criteria should be is anyone have any issue with the loading of the pages? If yes, then use the spoilers, but if no one complains they don't need to worry about it. On the BioWare forums, that's one reason it got brought up, as some people were having issues with the very slow loading of the pages.

But many of us have better and better Internet, it may be less of an issue today than it was then.
    Alesia_BHArctodusCrevsDaak
    edited September 2017
    lroumen said:

I always thought that pictures in spoiler tags need to be loaded anyway when you access the page.

I've wondered about that. I can't say I know how that works, exactly.
    lroumen said:

The main item to address is file size for the pictures, so people need to save a proper for format or resize

Agreed
    Ygramul said:

I personally prefer no spoiler tags. It is too much of a hassle to read with them. Besides, the very nature of this thread is spoilers anyway.

That's how I've always seem it: Posts are easier to read without the spoiler tags. They're also more visually engaging.

I think the criteria should be is anyone have any issue with the loading of the pages?

Agreed. If load times are really-truly a problem -and using Spoiler tags does really-truly help- then, sure, we should use them. If not, though -if Spoiler tags are more a non-solution to a non-problem- then players should feel free to move away from them, if they like.

Best,

A.

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I tend to put images in spoiler tags unless I think it particularly interesting. i.e. The image at the start of a run with all the details of the character, or if something amusing happens during a run. I prefer that as it makes it easier to find a particular post that I am searching for. Yes, I sometimes read a post more than once but like Corey I always convert the bitmaps to jpgs before posting. However I used the word tend quite deliberately as I am not always consistent.
    Alesia_BHAerakarCrevsDaak