Skip to content

[mod] Weasels!

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
edited March 2020 in General Modding
I would like to present you my little mod, a tiny one, but written with love to certain kind of creatures: Weasels!

Weasels! Mod for BG:EE / BG2:EE / IWD:EE

INTRODUCTION:

The Infinity Engine games always needed more weasels, right? That's why I've decided to create this mod. It introduces 5 weasel-themed items to BG:EE / BG2:EE / IWD:EE and also adds 4 new spells (1 arcane spell for mages / wizards / bards, 1 shared by both arcane and divine casters, and 2 divine spells for druids / shamans / rangers) which are available through both character creation and scrolls you may find during your adventures.

Warning: Those who dislike weasels should should avoid this mod. Seriously, there are probably other interesting mods that suit you far more, and won't make your games smell of musk.

INSTALLATION:

The mod must be unzipped to your game directory, just as any other WeiDU mod. Run the Setup-Weasels!.exe program and simply follow the instructions thereafter.

Thanks to modders that helped me to release this project: @Artemius_I, @swit, @argent77
The mod is available in English, Polish, Italian and Russian.

Enjoy weasel magic!

DOWNLOAD LINK
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    A small update. EET users could lack the new scrolls in BG2EE part of the game. It should be fixed now.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Aw dang, I forgot about this. My Kobold charname would have loved it.
    Every CHARNAME would love it! ;)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I am enjoying this, with some nice surprises as well, thanks Lava. Playing with Spell Revisions a druid now gets bats AND weasels to summon. :)
    @Zaghoul - so does it work fine with Spell Revisions? Never tried those two together :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

@Zaghoul - so does it work fine with Spell Revisions? Never tried those two together :)

Yup, just fine. Bats fighting along with weasels is a sight to see. ;)

Zaghoul said:

I am enjoying this, with some nice surprises as well, thanks Lava. Playing with Spell Revisions a druid now gets bats AND weasels to summon. :)

Add Might & Guile and a Meistersinger could summon bats, weasels and rabbits.
    Well, he does love the lil critters. :) Almost makes me think of taking a rabbit or groundhog companion that lvls up in @Ulb 's mod for rangers & druids. All kinds of critters underfoot then, and eat a xvart right down to the bone, esp. the 'quick' weasels, heh.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I can't believe I'm saying this but, luckily my install is bugged in a way I can't work around. Time to re-verify, re-install my mods and start over with Weasels!
    Lava, an item question here.
    Which classes do you have listed as unable to use the Arcane Attire? I am only seeing shapeshifter. I'm running a Wizard Slayer that can equip it. It sounds like it was not created in the standard sort of way so sounds like it's ok for them but just checking. Not that I'm complaining mind you ;)

On the Quick as Weasels sword it should read 'those who', as opposed to 'whose who.
    As it is +2 shouldn't it read QasW sword +2 at the top? Or is that just referring to the spellcasting reduction time only? Just bring those to your attn if needed.

Later I decided to let most people use the Attire. After all, it's not an armor, so for example Kensai should be able to use it :)

As for the sword - will fix the description when I have some time. Thanks!

Cheers!
    Just when I thought I had found all the new items here I find a rather helpful cloak. Now even thieves can fight with the lil quick weasels. Nice. :)
    Because thieves should also be able to enjoy presence of those little furry things!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550

The mod is available in English and Polish.

And soon it will be available in Italian as well!
    Attached the Italian translation of this very nice mod. Authors: Elia Danelli & Aedan. I do hope you will add it in the next update of this mod.
    Keep modding, Lava! You are great :)
    Thanks, @Aedan! The mod was updated. There was a small mistake (additional ~ in line 7), but I fixed it. Just to make sure, let me know if it works fine :) The new version was also uploaded at SHS. Cheers!
    Grazie!
    ...and updated info on the new language in the original post (here and SHS). Aedan, when you have a moment, confirm it installs fine, please.
    Installed with success on BG2EE!
    Great! Thanks! :)
    edited September 2017
    I think the weasel breeder activated on a hit once, but goodberry's appeared in my inventory. Is this normal?
    EDIT: @LavaDelVortel yup, keeps doin it. This is the only item I have had an issue with so far.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    To be honest, I have no idea why it works like that. I see no mistake there. Maybe someone can see what's wrong... @argent77 perhaps? Or @swit?
    Just to note it. I have Spell Revisions but have not had any probs with that and all the weasel spells themselves that were added have worked so far.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    My groundhog would eat your weasels alive. B)
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Every time I see this thread I think of this song.

https://youtu.be/6abaWREPO4o
    @LavaDelVortel
    Attached a small update for the Italian translation.
    I had to edit the first string because Weidu does not read special characters like è or ù.
    Weasel Breeder club still creates a Goodberry in inventory instead of the haste like effect. I am thinking now it maybe a conflict with Spell Revisions . I have been installing weasel's before SR at the moment but other items worked fine.
    @argent77 any ideas as to why it does this?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Spell Revision seems to be hardcoded to overwrite a number of spell slots with its own spells, without checking whether the slots are already occupied. Weasels also reserves some of these spell slots, but in a more compatible way. Install SR before Weasels to prevent this issue.
    @argent77 Thanks, will do.
    Updated the mod. Apart from minor correction, mod now includes Russian translation by @Mirandel
    Note that to make Russian languague work properly, Russian version of the mod should be installed on Russian dialog.tlk. Otherwise Cyrillic may cause some problems.

Thanks to @argent77 and @Ardanis for help with this update!
    edited December 2017
    Weasels! are now available in version 2.0. Here is the list of changes:

-Added balance for weasels and swift weasels (lowered physical resistances)
    -Added lacking resistances for astral weasel (some physical resistance + very low magic resistance)
    -Added nightmare mode fix (weasels now ignore nightmare mode / legacy of Bhaal)
    -Some encountered casters may now use new spells (BG1EE and BG2EE only)