Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Who Am I?

Comments

• ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Marlowe ?
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,355
    edited September 2017
    Yes @Arctodus got it

The quest with Marlowe is a remake of an old tale about a merchant who sells his soul for (20 years off) success. This time involving his daughter Malla (the damsel)

The tale has been told many times. But von Goethe (the name of the lich) and Christoffer “Kit” Marlowes are the most famous. Kit Marlowe is an unkitted bard - perhaps.

You can claim Mallas soul stone for yourself (evil characters only) or kill VonGoethe the lich instead (good option).

Your turn
    - I'm trapped.
    - An exotic weapon I possess.
    - A woman is the key.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Kahrk?
    Yeeeep. Your turn @Montresor_SP !
    Only mages and sorcerers will meet me.
    I hate mages and sorcerers!
    Powerful mages hate me.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Lord Argrim perhaps?
    Dammit, I thought that one would be harder. :smile: Your turn @Zaghoul!
    Darn it, mannn, I got it :* . Ok then.

If you find me I'll be on a hunt
    Held within a warm embrace I am anything but
    In the grave I long grew cold, but now I am free to freeze everyone and all
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    Icharyd?
    Nope, although his kind have something to do with this riddle.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Let's see..
    1. Likely I was part of a larger quest that got trimmed down.
    2. There are many like me, but I'm actually unique.
    3. If you found that one place, you know that time, without noticing me, you're either a huge completionist or you used a walkthrough.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    The minotaur in the sewers?
    Nope.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    The mindflayer / illithid in the sewers?
    No.
    4. I'll give you a hint about a secret in the game, but I can't speak.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    The ankheg armor in Nashkel?
    Nope.
    5. I look a bit like an easter egg.
    Oops. I was the special rogue stone, but after looking around on the netty webs, it seems that actually wasn't in the vanilla game. Failed my riddle has. Some else go.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Actually, there was an arguably special Rogue Stone in the original game, which you could find in the Guarded Compound. It was technically the same item, but its count was 0 instead of 1, which meant no "1" appeared next to the icon, unlike almost all other gems in the game.

Same gem with the same price and functions, but it did look different from the others.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,355
    edited September 2017

Actually, there was an arguably special Rogue Stone in the original game, which you could find in the Guarded Compound. It was technically the same item, but its count was 0 instead of 1, which meant no "1" appeared next to the icon, unlike almost all other gems in the game.

Same gem with the same price and functions, but it did look different from the others.

I believe that it was meant as the stone (read the only stone) that could unlock the twisted rune). At least some modders gave that impression in a mod

@TheElf how about a new riddle?

Cause if you dont hurry up and post something, semiticgod will post a ridicusly hard one, that no one can quess..
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    TheElf said:

Oops. I was the special rogue stone, but after looking around on the netty webs, it seems that actually wasn't in the vanilla game. Failed my riddle has. Some else go.

Blast it! I was going to say that too! Aren't you referring to the rogue stone from Baldurdash.org that Kevin Dorner made to hint about the Twisted Rune? I KNEW I should have said that!!!

As a side note:
    When I first discovered the Twisted Rune in the Bridge District it was completely by accident. I just happened to have a rogue stone in my inventory which I was keeping because I thought it may be useful for a quest or something. I was just opening locks and exploring things like normal when weird stuff happened and I got involved in a really hard battle. I eventually won and got an amazing staff as a reward.
    edited September 2017
    Anyway, since I would have gotten that riddle had I not chickened out...

I was raised by animals.
    I set out to explore the Underdark with my friends.
    I have the important job of group healer, that is why I stay out of harm's way after throwing my favorite spell in combat.
    Tresset said:

Blast it! I was going to say that too! Aren't you referring to the rogue stone from Baldurdash.org that Kevin Dorner made to hint about the Twisted Rune? I KNEW I should have said that!!!

That's the one. I don't think I've played a completely unmodded game in more than a decade, so I just assumed it was part of vanilla.

And my guess is that it's guy, y'know, from the Underdark?
    @TheElf not sure who you mean, but that isn't it.
    Ok, another clue then...

The last thing I say before leaving is "Hi."
    Tim Goldenhand, of Bondari's company?
    edited September 2017
    @Montresor_SP Correct! This is actually the second time I asked this riddle in this thread. I figured it was long enough that people would have forgotten. Here is my old explanation since I am lazy.
    Tresset said:

Yes... Bondari says they intended to explore the underdark. If you talk to Tim he says he was raised by wolves. When Nanoc says Tim is terrible because "He cast one spell, then hid behind a rock while we had to slay everyone!" Tim then argues that he carries the healing potions.

Also his one and only spell is Magic Missile.