Skip to content

Where do created NPC's go when they leave the party?

I created a party of 6 for my first insane difficulty run from BG:EE 1, through SOD and now I'm in BG:EE 2. Currently I just went through the first part of the Wild Forest with all the traps, swirly plants and wild magic failure chance on every spell I have. Now I've gotten to the hidden refuge and Neera needs to be in my party to get in, but when i get her into my party the character I've created that I remove just up and disappears. Where do they go? They don't seem to be in the copper coronet but I could be mistaken. Thanks in advance

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    They go to a nice farm in the countryside where they spend all day playing with other NPCs...

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure they just vanish.
    tbone1scriversemiticgoddess
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Yup. You have to export/import them back into your party.
    semiticgoddess
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited October 2017
    You have to make them *global* for the game to treat them as real NPCs. This is done automatically when an NPC joins in the regular way via dialogue but if you just created a party of 6 without further operations, they go into the bit and bite void.
    Regular NPCs are added into baldur.gam, where they are stored and can be restored.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @PaulaMigrate - how does one make them *global*?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited October 2017
    This is inconsistent with the BG:EE behavior (which has a new way to handle it) and is a bug (which before also happened in BG:EE) https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/32893

@Catarang033 As a workaround, first move the character you want to remove from the party inside a building, and only after that enter the reform party screen. This way this character will wait for you to appear in the building to ask if she can join again.
    Neverusedsemiticgoddess
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited October 2017
    Here is a quick hotfix I made for this issue. Just extract the attached files into your override folder and the party members will stay right where you leave them when you kick them out. Note: only for BG2:EE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Tweaks Anthology has a component to make them go to the Copper Coronet, the Pocket Plane or the Friendly Arms Inn depending on the game. It's called "Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues".
    semiticgoddess
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    scriver said:

That's the problem here - the only ways I know are by script or by dialogue.
  • Catarang033Catarang033 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    I actually cheesed it by constantly casting web on myself and reverting to my last quick save until the web spell came out as it was supposed to, then while the person I kicked was in the web I got Neera past the web to Hayes to let me into the camp.

I also realized half way through that I can just juggle multiple party members by kicking one out, waiting for them to run up to me, saying I was mistaken to kick them, and then letting them back in by kicking someone else and repeating until I could get Neera to Hayes.

Neither of these fix the problem of disappearing party members when you kick them but at least I can continue that quest now. And thanks for all the replies, I'm going to be trying them out later!
    JuliusBorisov
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    edited October 2017

scriver said:

That's the problem here - the only ways I know are by script or by dialogue.
    But it doesn't have to be the script of the NPC himself. Make a spell that summons an invisible minion for the target and in that minion's script write ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf,MakeGlobalOverride()). Or just insert that script into the NPC himself directly with opcode 82 at AREA level, followed by ChangeAIScript("",AREA). Then turn on the AI for the party and there you have it.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    I found a place called La La Land that had thousands of lost NPCs.. My Bhaalspawn picked up a nice fighter/thief for his own party there.