Skip to content

[mod] Eilistraee's Song

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
edited March 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
Eilistraee's Song is a project, which expands the plot of Eilistraee - the deity of drows that rebelled against Lolth the Spider Queen. Eilistraee is actually mentioned in original BG2:SoA by Solaufein after we decide to let him go, but still players were never allowed to get know the full tale.
This mods adds content for players who decided to spare Solaufein's life and let him escape. That means that your decision in Underdark actually has a consequence in the later game. I think it's a pity in original BG2 your decisions in Ust Natha don't really matter in the later chapters. When Solaufein returns to you later, after escaping Ust Natha, he tells you how grateful he is. Eye for an eye, and friendly arm for a friendly arm - he tells you about a new place, where you can ask for help with getting your soul back.
Mod includes 6 new areas, 21 new items (2 of those are available through Cromwell) and obviously some new quests - it's up to you if you wish to complete them or focus on real quests and get your soul back. On the areas you may hear new music themes.
Also, there is a new kit available by completing one of minor quests, although there are some requirements (female, cleric - baseclass, multi- or dualclassed, non-evil character, elf or half-elf). Yes, it's a bit harsh, but that's what the D&D book says.

Installation:

-This mod is a WeiDU mod, so you can install it as any other WeiDU mod. Unzip the archive to your Baldur's Gate 2 directory and run Setup-Eilistraee.exe
-Note that this mod requires BG2:ToB installed!
-Mod is compatible with Solaufein NPC
-If you're using BG2EE START A NEW GAME to find the clearing on the map.

DOWNLOAD LINK
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
BleuCelesteThacoBellmf2112Aedan

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    The mod got updated. Here are the changes:

- EET compatibility (worldmap icon position adjustment)
    - Cross-platform support: use HANDLE_AUDIO for ogg to wav conversion
    - Removed usability text from EE item descriptions (EE generates usability text)
    - Use EE-format TIS v2 and PVRZ area graphics (fix horizontal lines glitch)
    - Cromwell will no longer take entire stacks of dust and gems when forging
    - Added Italian translation by ilot
    mf2112
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Sounds awesome. Will you be sharing the new kit details, or is it best to go into it without any kind of spoilers?
    Hah, I would rather make it secret. However, I wonder if getting the kit works fine, as I remember that once there were some problems with it. I would rather make people focus on the quests etc, as kit was always a small addition, while quest should be more interesting. Not big, but still rather ok :)
    If bugs will be spotted, the mod will be updated again - when the time is right. Feel free to report stuff.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    This mod makes Soulafein available as a companion?

AFAIR the mod that used to do this is outdated.
    No, Weimer's Solaufein does that. This one is a quest mod.
    The mod just got updated. Now it includes a brand new worldmap icon and EE savegame patching! @swit did most of the coding! Check the original post to download the mod.
    ThacoBellmf2112
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Just finished what I believe is all the content, and I quite enjoyed it. Definitely gonna have some fun with the "13th Moon" hehe.
    Glad you liked it! Somehow I am more pround with some of my other mods, like CoI series or Southern Edge, but well... It's still some new content! :)
    ThacoBellsaber0
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27
    What is "EE savegame patching"? Is it means that I can just enjoy this mod without starting a new game?
    Yes, BUT all your savegames will be patched and that can't be changed back, as savegames do not get backuped. Also, if you for example have two different BG2EE installations and they share the same directory, then... well, the savegames for both BG2EE games will be updated. Apart from that, yes - it makes it possible to enjoy the mod without starting a new game.
  • BarachielBarachiel Member Posts: 82
    SHS/G3 has been down for a few days now. Any chance of an alternate download link for us poor BWS users? I lucked out, and this is the only mod I'm missing for my install. :)
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Hi, I have all components for new artefacts which could be forged by Cromwell, but in the conversation with him I never get the dialogue option for making it, there is always only one option which is: "Nevermind"
    I really don't know, where is the problem. Is adamantine dust the same item, that is used for upgrading Mace of distruption from Sir Sarles quest? Because, I have all the components, this adamantine, both parts of Silver sword, Lichs tooth, that gems, and still without possibility to make it.
    Maybe you don't have gold?

Requirement for normal version:
    PartyHasItem("ESxTOOT")
    PartyHasItem("DWDust")
    PartyHasItem("MISC27")
    PartyGoldGT(7499)
    The better version of the item requires:
    PartyHasItem("ESxTOOT")
    PartyHasItem("DWDust")
    PartyHasItem("MISC27")
    PartyHasItem("MISC8U")
    PartyGoldGT(11999)
    Caszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Oh my (selffacepalm) I confuse Adamantine dust with Ilithium :dizzy:
  • AnardilAnardil Member Posts: 13
    So I have to ask,

I've delivered Fall's message to Elhan and am about to go back to Fall...but how do I go to her? Where is she? It seemed like she was in a cave/tent but I can't remember where the entreance was :|
  • AnardilAnardil Member Posts: 13
    Nevermind, found the entreance after some backtracking in my save games. :)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Is this the mod that makes Soulafein a companion?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Raduziel No, this one is a small quest mod for chapter 6 of SoA.
    Raduziel
  • KaedKaed Member Posts: 1
    Finished all the quests i discovered in the camp. Was interesting and fun. Stuck on chest in tomb and silver tooth... Any hints??
    But I'm not sure hints on what. As far as I rememeber, that tooth could be used to forged an interesting item.
    Caszidy
  • TsakVlosTsakVlos Member Posts: 1
    QUESTION! I'm a huge fan of Eilistraee, playing a priestess in both 2e and 5e d&d. Does this work on the Android version or JUST the pc?
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    Solafein Rescue and Ellistree Song are probably not fully compatible. I have both mods installed and have two Solafeins. Both near the Underdark exit. One wants to join my party and the other marks new location on my map and then teleports away good ol Sola Bola style. Maybe my install order was wrong? Not a big deal anyway. Two Solafeins, well, magic.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    A Solaufein at the exit of Ust Natha offering to join is from Weimer's Solaufein mod, not Solaufein Rescue.
    If you let Weimer's Solaufein join at this point, you will not encounter the Solaufein from the Solaufein Rescue mod, and also the rescue quest will not trigger.
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    No. Not Ust Natha exit, Underdark exit. Weimer's Sola is incompatible with BG2EE, I don't have it installed.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Ah ok, so you already played the Rescue quest? Then this is an incompatibility with Solaufein Rescue, indeed. I have a faint recall we dealt with compatibility a while back, and I'd assume that you will not encounter another Solaufein at the Eilistraee's followers' place in case one is in your party, but it seems more work would be needed to make it consistent with each other.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Hmm, it looks like Vash is hidden traitor :D
    If you try to cast "detect evil" inside the camp, he will immediately attack you.
    Drow scum!
    ThacoBellAedan
    not planned but certainly fun.
    ThacoBellAedan
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Is starting a new game a requirement? I meant to install this in my current BG2EE run, which I just started. I kind of hate to have to go through chapter 1 again if it isn't absolutely required. My party just started chapter 2 and hasn't left Athkatla yet.
    In theory if you use the option to update savegames then it should work fine. Know, though, that once the option is applied, the save games update can't be reversed.