Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (BG1EE skin) (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
edited April 2019 in UI Modding
Hello,

This mod is a variation of LeUI but this time with the BG1EE skin.

This mod contains the full UI.menu (and resources) and should be used only if you don't have any other UI modifications. Otherwise, I publish most of the individual tweaks in this forum and you can install them with the mod EEUITweaks.

Installation:

Download the archive here.
This mod is compatible with BG1EE, Sod, BG2EE and EET (v2.5).

Content:

Improved start screen

Improved character creation screens

Modify the character creation screens to something closer to the v1.3 look.

Improved main screen

Lot of tiny changes: alignment of buttons, removal of button I don't use, ...

Improved inventory screen

From here.

Improved record screen

Mix between the mockup from this discussion and the 1.3 look.

Item description tweaks

Using this scrollbar.

Store screens tweaks

With this this.

Journal screens

Restore and fix the journal screens.

And a lot of other changes (see the LeUI thread for more details, both mod share the same features, only the skin change), I didn't retake a screenshot for everything.

Changelog:
v3.9: Update dialog code. Add character name in some screens. Abilities -> Ability Bonuses. Tweak inventory text box.
v3.8: Remove compatibility with 2.3. Change tooltip 'World Map' to 'Area Map'. Take 'More Confirmation Prompts' into account when removing memorized spells. Tweak text scroll speed in chapter and dream. New dialog code by Adul. Spells screen. Buttons in character creation.
v3.7: Fix using back button in level up screen doubling proficiencies or thief points. Minor tweaks.
v3.6: Compatibility fix with SoD 2.5. Add new option Left click on portrait to level up.
v3.5.1: Fix message box scrolling.
v3.5: More robust detection of update 2.5. More robust detection of EET. Fix show highlight button tooltip. Fix quicksave button in 2.5. Fix combat log in 2.5. Fix using back button in level up screen doubling proficiencies or thief points.
v3.4: Detect game version to install 2.3 or 2.5 UI.menu. Add install option to collapse quests by default.
v3.3.1: Highlight character name input area.
v3.3: Compatibility with 2.5. Update dialog box code. Fix some wrong strref. Add missing sound on some buttons. Add Select All button in Store and Container screens. Add install option to Show Sidebar toggle button, Quicksave button, Highlight button and small buttons.
v3.2: Fix regression introduced in v3.1. Detect Unhide Chargen Options.
v3.1: Aligned version number with LeUI. Add missing weapon style bonus to the Record screen. Show a message when overriding a keyboard shortcut that is already used. Add tooltips in mage and priest spells book. Fix 'Pick to me' with Shaman.
v1.7: Improved adorned letters. Combat log remains scrollable after death. Prepare for patch 2.5.
v1.6: Re-add Tutorial button for BGEE. Fix for empty item description. Add missing files.
v1.5: Restore adorned first letter for chapter, dream and epilogue. Re-add worldmap button.
v1.4: Restore adorned first letter in item and spell description.
v1.3: Minor tweaks.
v1.2: Add missing ToB chapter screens. Fix save screenshot aspect ratio.
v1.1: Restore quickloot tooltip. Left/right keys in character creation to choose portrait. Return speed to held add/subtract buttons in character creation and levelup.
v1.0: Initial release.
Post edited by lefreut on
PeccaKilivitzAndreaColomboArctodusAbelPhælinAedanRavenslightAxieAaeightFlap

Comments

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Nice. I must admit, I mostly use @AncientCowboy joint UI mod for everything, but I might have to switch to this one now and then.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    edited November 2019
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Is adorned first letter considered for this one as well?
    Aedan
    edited November 2019
    PhælinAedan
    edited November 2019
    AedanPhælin
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Love it! Well done! Bravo!
    And v1.5 is out \o/
    - Restore adorned first letter for chapter, dream and epilogue screens.

- Re-add worldmap button in the area map screen.
    AedanALIENPhælinRavenslight
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Is it still possible to access the Tutorial once this skin is installed? If so, how?

Also, if I want to change the skin mid-game (for example, when moving from BG1 to SoD, could I simply close the game, install the SoD skin, and boot the game back up, or would I have to uninstall this first?
    Thels said:

Is it still possible to access the Tutorial once this skin is installed? If so, how?

I didn't realize that the Tutorial is no longer accessible (I guess it shows that I never play it :p ). I can add it back in place of the Import button.
    Thels said:

Also, if I want to change the skin mid-game (for example, when moving from BG1 to SoD, could I simply close the game, install the SoD skin, and boot the game back up, or would I have to uninstall this first?

Installing it on top should work.
    I'm planning on playing this with a couple of friends that never played BG before, and we're gonna mod it up. (Sharing the dialog.tlk file and override folder should work, right?)

Since they never played, it would be nice to do the Tutorial, but not really a requirement.
    @Thels I have updated all three UI mod to re-add the Tutorial button :)
    Phælin
    Cheers!
    edited December 2017
    I have a problem...

This is what happens when I start the game with Your newest version of the mod installed:
    https://i.imgur.com/V8msGfF.jpg

The game then launches, but it always starts with BG main screen (not the one when you pick one of three BG SoD BP games), there is no Tutorial button whatsoever, and when hovering above a game button there is no highlight. Other than that, it seems to work, but still odd.

EDIT: The other UI (the BG2 one) works like a charm.
    @Przemkas this is what happens when you release multiple mods at the same time but only test one... Sorry about that :| This should be fixed now.

If you don't want to re-download everything, you can remove the extraneous return at line 6349 of UI.menu.
    Change this:
    return return logoFrame ~= 0
    Into this:
    return logoFrame ~= 0
    Phælin
    edited December 2017
    Thanks, mate.
    All seems well, BUT pressing the tutorial button is futile - nothing happens.
    BG2 UI still OK in that matter.
    Line 6997 is missing the closing ' :/

lastStartMenu = 'START_SP'

Hopefully this is the last copy/paste error.
    Phælin
    I'm not sure about Your other mods, but this happens with some items. Most of the adorned letters are fine, but few seem to have this white dot.

https://i.imgur.com/C3AOPjG.jpg
    lefreut
    @Przemkas it's because there is no adorned texture for '('. I'll look to see what I can do.
    PhælinGusinda
    @Przemkas

I tried to create an adorned texture for '('. But I'm not very satisfied with how it looks:

Or I can exclude '(' to not use adorned letter (like it's already the case for non-ascii letters).

Phælin
    edited December 2017
    @lefreut Exclude seems good.
    ALIENlefreutGusinda
    Adorned ( looks goofy. It's probably better to exclude them.
    Thels said:

Adorned ( looks goofy. It's probably better to exclude them.

Yes this is what I choose to do and I release it yesterday :)
    Yeah, I noticed. I saw the other thread after, and I was like... Okay, I just made a useless comment. :P
    Thels said:

Okay, I just made a useless comment. :P

It's still nice to have another feedback on what option people think is the best :)
  • AxieAxie Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2018
    The one I like the most. It is so nice one can play with all of yours UIs as he progresses through the trilogy.

So much <3@lefreut.

Still dreaming to see your take on the old original greenish one. I can dream, can't I? :)
    Thanks @Axie.
    Axie said:

Still dreaming to see your take on the old original greenish one. I can dream, can't I? :)

Other modders were working on this (@Kilivitz @AndreaColombo and maybe @Pecca ). And I already have a hard time finding time to work on my UI mods.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    There's indeed a project going on between me, @AndreaColombo and @Adul. Work on the UI has slowed a bit down but should pick up once patch 2.5 finally rolls out.
    lefreutsmady3Adul
  • bawzbawz Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone managed to get BG:EE Classic Movies (specifically the Chapter and Dream Screens) to work with Lefreut's UI ?
    agris
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    bawz said:

Has anyone managed to get BG:EE Classic Movies (specifically the Chapter and Dream Screens) to work with Lefreut's UI ?

I'm also curious if chapter/dream screens are compatible with Lefreut's mod.

@lefreut A question for you, or anyone else who knows: is it possible to restore tooltips to areas to reveal their names and travel times? I'm not sure if it's Beamdog or your mod which force-displays travel time for some locations, but there's a lot of them for which this information is a black box.

Is there a setting to tweak to enable this?