Skip to content

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Arctodus said:

Fuck I'm not happy (sorry for swearing). It's 1h30 in the morning and I'm at the hospital because I got a weird infection on my chin. I got something like a freakin' giant pimple on my chin that gave me an infection that is spreading all across my cheeks and throat. I'm so puffed up that I can barely open my mouth. I'm in serious pain, it's like my chin is gonna explode from too much pressure, but I know that I'll be in hospital for a loooong time because my case is not "serious" enough. I assume I'll see a doctor somewhere in the early afternoon at best.

I'd MUCH rather be in my bed with my wife and my 1yo son (he has been sleeping with us the last few days). That sucks...

@Arctodus Sorry to hear that, I know it makes it hard to even think straight. Hospitals, I had my fill of them myself. That sounds rough for sure, hopefully they wil give you the attention you deserve sooner rather than later. I think many people working at hospitals often don't take our cries for I'm still in pain serious enough. Probably are saying '"Now try to eat something", yeah right. Darned infections these days are nothing to take lightly, keep us posted. Hopefully they will get you the right pain meds sooner rather than later. :)
    JoenSo said:

Winter is literally coming and I just can't stand the thought of those cold, dark and dreary months ahead. It's just such a huge part of the year when I'm unable to ever feel genuinely happy.

I guess it says a lot about me that I find the frozen wastelands of Cania in Baator to be the most terrifying vision of hell.

Sorry, feeling bad during whole seasons is tough, I know. Just hard to enjoy things as much when feeling down. You may have already tried but does light therapy or real spectrum bulbs in the house, or even extra Vit D supplementation help at all? :) Regardless, don't forget spring will eventually come again (not that it helps much now but it will).
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Zaghoul said:

Sorry, feeling bad during whole seasons is tough, I know. Just hard to enjoy things as much when feeling down. You may have already tried but does light therapy or real spectrum bulbs in the house, or even extra Vit D supplementation help at all? :) Regardless, don't forget spring will eventually come again (not that it helps much now but it will).

Thanks! Yes, extra vitamin D, lots of light and frequent visits to the nearest botanical garden is how I usually cope with winter.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited November 2017
    It did not went as bad as I thought at first. It only took 7hrs to see a doctor, not 12. I guess that's something...

But then, they gave me antibiotics, oral and intravenous (and I HATE needles, it's a boderline phobia for me), only to discover that I wasn't reacting to them : my infection is acually getting worse. They proceeded with a biopsy to further analyse my infection.

So, I don't know when I'll get out, Tylenols don't work so well as pain-relievers right now and a drug addict is going absolutely berserk three rooms besides me : six cops are trying to handle him with moderate success. NOT A GOOD DAY. :s

Edit : I was transferred into another room. If the biopsy test positive, I'll be in an isolation room, because I might be contagious. Good god...
    Post edited by Arctodus on
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    @Arctodus Having been in the hospital myself two months ago, also with an infection, I can relate to how it sucks having to wait for something to be done, for results, for medication to be found that works. In my case the infection was a complication of an operation over a decade earlier where some bolts were put in my back after I broke it and the metal had gathered bacteria.

Back then, in 1998, I was put in an isolation room after coming back to the Netherlands (the operation had been in France) as a preventive measure. The plus side of an isolation room is the quiet you enjoy. Though it could be I enjoy the quiet more than being on a room with other people as I have an autistic spectrum disorder. For that reason, I got a room for myself at the last stay in hospital as well.

For me the two most agonizing waits, were waiting for the operation, when I couldn't eat the whole day and only late afternoon I was told the operation would be postponed and I had another day of not being allowed to eat (though I could in the evening of that first day), waiting again for an operation, that took place late afternoon (after me already despairing it would be postponed again). The second agonizing wait was waiting for the news if I would be released, after homesickness got heftier for me than the sickness I endured from the infection.

But it's nothing compared to having to wait for a doctor to show up, when you're in severe pain. I hope you have something better to sooth the pain by now? I wish proper medication will be found for the infection soon and you get well speedily. Take heart!
    @Arctodus Tylenols is the extent of the pain meds? Lawd, what a bunch o ... I agree, waiting is about the worst, esp. when we are told one thing and the net person totally contradicts what the last said.
    Thanks guys ! As you said @Son_of_Imoen, the good thing about the isolation room is that I have a room for myself, with a bathroom and a window with a view on the city, which is actually better than what I had yesterday. I might not be autistic, but I'm still someone who doesn't like people in general, so I totally relate to what you said.

All in all, it's not too bad right now. They're using an antibiotic than works now, so I'm less puffed up on my face. I can almost speak normally. The pain is also less intense as a result, so I'm ok on that front too. Things are evolving for the better, albeit slowly. I still don't know when I'll get out.

And I'm bored too. I never thought that I would be here this long, so I haven't brought anything with me. No books, no laptop, nothing. So, I spend my time either on my phone or sleeping. But that could be worse.
    Arctodus said:

And I'm bored too. I never thought that I would be here this long, so I haven't brought anything with me. No books, no laptop, nothing. So, I spend my time either on my phone or sleeping. But that could be worse.

Is there anyone you know who could bring you some stuff? A book or something? When I was in hospital it was completely unexpected, as they told me I'd better taken in immediately when I came to outpatient clinic. Unprepared as I was, I asked help from a friend of mine who has the key to my house, to bring me the charger for my phone, my tablet, a book and clothing. Even if no-one has the room to your house, you can ask someone visiting you to buy you a book? Perhaps you can ask someone to buy you a title you mention and pay him or her back when you're well again?
    edited November 2017
    @Son_of_Imoen Yeah, it's a nice idea, but that probably won't be necessary. The doctor decided to cut open my chin to extract the infection. Nasty business it was, because the analgesic did not work. God that was painful.

But I'm ok now. They'll give me antibiotics again this afternoon and perhaps everything will be good enough to send me back home later today. Things are finally going in the right direction.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    i have lost faith in humanity...

What happened? Or where you just evaluating all you know (about humanity)?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377

What happened? Or where you just evaluating all you know (about humanity)?
    the second, i have also lost faith in my self
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Sounds like an onset of nihilism. I call Nietzsche-mon

If we have our own why in life, we shall get along with almost any how.
    @dreamtraveler Humanity definitely is rough at at times. As to our views on ourselves, I am of the opinion that's even harder at times, being up close and personal like. Hope it gets better soon (I know, NOT easy). :)
    @Arctodus Ya worked all the bugs out yet? :)
    @Zaghoul Yeah, everything's back to normal. Thanks mate !

I reacted very positively to the antibiotics and I'm now a proud owner of a regular chin ! I'm still missing a patch of hair in my early winter beard because of that, but other than that, it seems I'm in the clear !
    Arctodus said:

@Zaghoul Yeah, everything's back to normal. Thanks mate !

I reacted very positively to the antibiotics and I'm now a proud owner of a regular chin ! I'm still missing a patch of hair in my early winter beard because of that, but other than that, it seems I'm in the clear !

Glad to hear it. Oh lawd, if I had to lose part of my beard I probably would not recognize myself, heh. B)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited November 2017
    I know what you mean they built a new subway right by my place
    @JoenSo
    JoenSo said:

They're building a huge freaking tunnel right under my house. Meaning my home has been filled with the noise of drills and stuff some 15 hours a day (no exaggeration) for several weeks now. And I work from home. I think it's slowly driving me insane. Last night I dreamed that my earplugs melted in my ears and became a part of my skull, impossible to remove. Can't stand this noise.

A bunch of loud dwarf sappers huh. I know that has got to be irritating. I can understand that in a way as I have bad tinnitus, (a high pitched whine that never ends) in one ear and use background noise to try and help with it but it does not always help. Sometimes though it's so quiet outside up on the mountain it gets rougher at times. so much so that I wish there was something going on. I'm hearin ya on the insane thing.
    You need quiet and I could use some noise. Hang in there. Sounds like we could maybe use a temporary house swap. :)
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Thanks @Zaghoul ! Yeah, I've had tinnitus too. It actually got much better since I didn't have it because of damage in the ear but because I clench my jaw like crazy when I sleep (the human body is weird). Personally I found it to be at it worst when things were really quiet or when you had another constant annoying sound, like a drill. I used to have those white noise videos with the sound of rain or running water to cope with the (lack of) silence. Still do sometimes since it isn't completely gone.

That being said, I sure wouldn't mind having a quiet mountain to wander on these days! The closest thing I have around here are old landfills that turned into hills.