Skip to content

The topic for unhappiness/vent your sorrow

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @FinneousPJ: Trump has a lot of flaws, but not every single bad thing ever said about him is true.

As for the bad things that are true, other people in the politics thread are already mentioning them. I don't see the need to repeat criticisms unless I have something new to add to them.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    My condolences @Buttercheese. How did he die so young? By his own hand, accident, illness? Anyway, I feel sorry you had to loose a person who was inspiring for you, if I get your message right.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Vegans annoy me. Killing and eating our plants what help us live. Eat a cow and help reduce methane gas. Everytime I eat a steak I'm saving the planet. Not all heroes wear capes:-)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Mass Effect Andromeda got me into a weird mood. I haven't played the game, mind you, just saw some of the release buzz and early impressions.

I played some BG:EE a few hours ago, and had a wonderful time. I'm grateful to Bioware for the thousands upon thousands of hours of entertainment. And it isn't just that - in a sense, they brought me up. Their games accompanied me for some of my most formative years, and I wouldn't be the same person today had it not been for them.

We grew apart, though. They stopped catering to my preferences, and I stopped playing their new games. The transition was gradual, but it feels complete now.

I realize Bioware is just a name. The real meaning behind it, the artists who made those games, they're mostly gone now and moved on themselves. The oldies will always be there, and my "must-play" list is overflowing with great games as it is, so I'll be fine.

Sorry, I don't know why I'm being so melodramatic, I haven't even been drinking.
    @DragonKing: Jesus Christ... There really aren't much worse things that can happen to an artist besides losing their work.

I'm a writer and losing one of my manuscripts would be devastating beyond belief.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    My grandma passed away in cancer some weeks ago. She was 90 years old. She was sick for a while before giving in and while I am upset about the fact, I am also really happy that she lived for so long. A happy life indeed and she felt no fear for dying. Going to miss her though, she was one helluva woman, but she is in a better place now.

She was tired. Slept bigger parts of the day and barely ate, so I think this is probably for the best.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited May 2017
    You know, when I think to myself, "this world isn't so *beep* bad. It could always be worse!"

This world always replies to me,
    "Here, hold my drink!"

*beep* seriously two damn weeks ago I bought a one week pass, and never used it because the gallery I interned at gave me a pass that literally had a month remaining on it. This means that 1 week, until active should be a *beep* "pending" on my other card, right?

Effing no, it's gone! Like literally gone! At first, I thought the stupid bus card checker was acting up since the driver just told me to get on anyway, but I'm here at the station checking my card and it is effing empty! And now I want to know effing how, how is it empty if I haven't used it in 2 *beep* weeks, so where the effect did my week pass go?

*Beep* you, MARTA!
    Post edited by DragonKing on
    My dad is in the hospital. We don't know yet what the problem is; he just feels sick.

He'll probably be fine, but still...
    Thank god! It's just a virus. He'll be sick, but it's nothing too serious.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @semiticgod A relief, I'm sure. :)

It is tough with parents, mine are in there late 70's and eighties now, and I often think now of that 'time' approaching, the time we all face with parents, some earlier, some later. Never a good time for it and ANY hospital visit can make one reflect.
    Whatever you do,TRY to convince him to get a pneumonia vaccine, and shingles to for that matter(NOT easy). These days, just GOING to the hospital can make folks sicker.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977

My dad is in the hospital. We don't know yet what the problem is; he just feels sick.

He'll probably be fine, but still...

I'm sorry to hear this.
    One of the kids threatened to hit the dog. Mom started crying when she explained why it was so important to leave the dog alone.

If the child in question keeps scaring the dog, sooner or later the dog is going to bite him. If the dog bites him, Mom has to put him to sleep.

If the kid doesn't stop, then my mom has to kill our dog.

I love that dog so much. I hug him every day. He's so affectionate. He's so sweet. He's the best dog I've ever had. I don't want to lose him. He doesn't deserve to die.

I'm sitting with the kid in question right now. He's in time out for 30 minutes, the most he's ever been in. I don't know if it's going to be enough. He likes playing rough, but he can't hurt our dog.

My mom is going to speak with his mom later. I don't know what's going to happen.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited June 2017
    Problems like these comes with a neutral justice system. It doesnt matter the situation, any bite = death.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Anduin very sad about missing all the hard stuff his friends have endured recently, gives big hug*

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Shandyr said:

Just came across this.

Missing words for it. They taunt a dying man and record his death while they refuse to help him.

And they get away with it.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I don't know about the US but in Finland you would get charged with negligence or whatever...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Shandyr As I said my friend I don't know about any legal stuff in the U.S. but I sure hope they find a charge