Skip to content

2.0 update ETA?

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited October 2017
    That is my one issue with the iOS. Erosion, though a lot of that falls on Apple, not Beamdog. But that is minor compared to the convenience. This morning I played BG for forty minutes while waiting for a medical appointment. Nothing is a better aid to combat scanxiety
    StummvonBordwehr
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Ok, and what about the Steam version? When will we get 2.4? This year? Q1 2018? Q2 1918?
    Pietroskij
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    fetito666 said:

Ok, and what about the Steam version? When will we get 2.4? This year? Q1 2018? Q2 1918?

We get 2.5 if I'm not mistaken.
    fetito666ThacoBell
    So we skip 2.4 and get straight away 2.5?
    fetito666 said:

So we skip 2.4 and get straight away 2.5?

yes, 2.4 was apparently only the iOS updates. The next patch round will be 2.5 for all platforms.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellStummvonBordwehrrede9
  • PietroskijPietroskij Member Posts: 4
    More waiting :(
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    I appreciate what Beamdog is doing here, but they sure take forever with the patches.
    fetito666gibby290PietroskijFenghoang
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Does the PC have the same issue with the weapon symbols not appearing on the portraits (when attack order is given) in a lot of cases - as I am seeing with IOS ?

Is that documented to be fixed in one of these updates?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    DonCzirr said:

Does the PC have the same issue with the weapon symbols not appearing on the portraits (when attack order is given) in a lot of cases - as I am seeing with IOS ?

Is that documented to be fixed in one of these updates?

The PC still doesn't have the update iOS has. Please, report the issue on support.baldursgate.com
    @JuliusBorisov: Is there an ETA for 2.5 or a list of what it will contain for the Steam version? Thank you!
    Dev6Pietroskij
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    fetito666 said:

@JuliusBorisov: Is there an ETA for 2.5 or a list of what it will contain for the Steam version? Thank you!

At the moment, you can see https://support.baldursgate.com/versions/414, but it doesn't show even 5% of what is being done, really.
    Sssiksseilorthemazingness
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    One day...
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Yes, it looks like the patch is coming.

Sooner than too late and later than too soon.
    Dev6
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Of course the patch is coming, it's been coming for over a year.
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 44
    Is there any updates on this whatsoever, other than speculations on the bug bar? Anything based on previous patch updates from other Beamdog games on how long this will take? I've been holding off starting a new game of IWD because i'm waiting for this patch to drop, and I'm sure it will break savegames and mods. (And I know myself well enough to know that if I get interrupted partway through and need to start over, I'll end up not coming back to the game for a long time.
    edited November 2017
    If @JuliusBorisov can confirm whether or not the 2.5 patch will have a public beta for IWD:EE we would know for sure if it will take quite some time or not. I think that you're relatively safe to start a playthrough now.
    I can't reveal more than already is stated on the blog. There will be an open beta for 2.5 patches for 3 games, including IWD:EE, and this game is supposed to get the patch earlier than BG:EE and BG2:EE.

But I don't expect this to happen just now (as is, tomorrow or next week) - there's no ETA, but as you can see from tracking the public bugs on Redmine, a lot of work is being done, the process is going on every day. It will take some time, yes, but no exact estimations can be given.

Acrux2, in order not to get the situation you describe, just copy the game folder including your override folder to another place, and this way you will always be able to play your game without reinstalling mods when the update appears.
    Dev6DoubledimasAedan
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Quick question:

Will 2.5 be the final version?
    Raduziel said:

Quick question:

Will 2.5 be the final version?

This is not a question that can be answered quickly. Let's go step by step.
    Raduziel

I can't reveal more than already is stated on the blog. There will be an open beta for 2.5 patches for 3 games, including IWD:EE, and this game is supposed to get the patch earlier than BG:EE and BG2:EE.

But I don't expect this to happen just now (as is, tomorrow or next week) - there's no ETA, but as you can see from tracking the public bugs on Redmine, a lot of work is being done, the process is going on every day. It will take some time, yes, but no exact estimations can be given.

Acrux2, in order not to get the situation you describe, just copy the game folder including your override folder to another place, and this way you will always be able to play your game without reinstalling mods when the update appears.

Thanks for the answer Julius. From the September blog post it was not completely clear whether it was certain we would get an open beta for 2.5
    ("We’ll have more to share about this patch and plans for an accompanying open beta soon!" which leaves the possibility open that the plans wouldn't work out and we would not head to an open beta).
    JuliusBorisov
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @JuliusBorisov I was wondering—is the list of items on Redmine's Next Update page comprehensive, or are there more items that we cannot see because they weren't in the public tracker?
    From the October Roundup: "Track the progress of public tickets on Redmine", mark the word "public" related to tickets, so there're more items you cannot see, yes.
    AndreaColombo
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I don't remember seeing Features for changing UI before patches 2.0 or for new kits before 1.3, so definitely there are more changes/fixes in the works than those in Public tickets. I wonder if Beamdog plans to add some goodies for modders.
    Post edited by Cahir on
    Cahir said:

Yeah, I don't remember seeing Features for changing UI before patches 2.0 or for new kits before 1.3, so definitely there are more changes/fixes in the works than those in Public tickets. I wonder if Beamdog plan to add some goodies for modders.

For some reason this post made me aware that they could add new kits.
    YES PLZ BEAMDAWG
    StummvonBordwehr
  • mrjanemrjane Member Posts: 18
    I can't wait! (Well, really, I can...) I'm gonna buy IWD the second the 2.5 patch comes! I just played through BG and BGII with the 2.0 patch and it was fantastic! I really love the work going on here at Beamdog.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Dev6 said:

YES PLZ BEAMDAWG

The bazillion of mod-provided kits out there, aren't good enough for 'ya? :P
    ineth said:

Dev6 said:

YES PLZ BEAMDAWG

The bazillion of mod-provided kits out there, aren't good enough for 'ya? :P
    I'd prefer something new and official. :)
    StummvonBordwehr
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Some scenario-related or Ilmater-related kits would be awesome, indeed.
    Dev6