Skip to content

Your Signature Character Class

Comments

• lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    To be honest, I like Gnome Illusionst/Thief. Improved Invisibily, Improved Haste and go (back) stabby stabby. I imagine a leprechaun Bill Burr going on a psycho-serk shouting POW POW, HOE YOU LIKE THAT LADY, POW POW POW, HOW ARE YOUR CUPCAKES NOW, POW POW POW
    tbone1FandraxxJuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @instructor , You sound like Belkar. If you don't know who Belkar is, check out http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

Belkar is the sexy, shoeless god of war of D&D.
    PokotaSkatanJuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Just don't point out the critical flaw in his diabolical scheme...
    SkatanWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    half-orc berserker using a mammoth two handed weapon POWER GAME *bark* *bark* :)
    AerakarStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    sarevok57 said:

half-orc berserker using a mammoth two handed weapon POWER GAME *bark* *bark* :)

I figured as much. :smile: Classic @sarevok57.
    sarevok57JuliusBorisovWise_GrimwaldThacoBell
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Human Swashbuckler && Half-orc Monk (can be a human too)

...basically...Half-Orc or Human Thieves or Fighters, Lawful Evil aligned.
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited November 2017
    Welcome @jaice2004 ! I hope you'll have some fun here ! And I agree with you : bards are super fun to play with !
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • jaice2004jaice2004 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the welcome @Arctodus ! Work has prevented a lot of play this week and I think its about time I dust him off.
    lolienJuliusBorisovArctodus
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @jaice2004, I think you and @ThacoBell will become best friends, hehe! :D
    ThacoBell
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Actually, playing a CN Bard has one addendum. You get to have a cat familiar.

I also enjoy bards. Ever since I played my first IE game, IWD1 in 2001, I always had a bard in those teams. In BG1&2 are not as useful, but I did finish the game twice with a bard.

Of course, bards are in IMO far better in IWD1&2 and in BGs I only used non-kitted bard or skald. I don't like Blades.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    Acrher. I tend to play archers in games in general. It's very convinient to shoot enemies before they get close to you (unless they got range weapons, too) :)
    JuliusBorisovthelovebat
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Redrake said:

Actually, playing a CN Bard has one addendum. You get to have a cat familiar..

So i will never play a CN bard. Now, if one could get a beagle familiar, ... but my beagles get pretty familiar already, so maybe not
    ThacoBell
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    In BG2, CN Dwarven Berserker drunk on cocktails of potions is what I do best :)

In a lot of other games I most enjoy playing a stealthy dual-wield backstabbing human rogue.

PnP I used to play human mages a lot but that's a long time ago now.

I've never liked playing any divine caster type classes. Even now, clerics/druids/paladins etc do nothing for me. Maybe it's the deity/religion bit that doesn't work for me - my characters are too free-willed and want to do things their own way (must be an extension of my own personality!)
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited November 2017
    Grum said:

Dwarven Defender. Leaders lead from the front. And what other martial can beat Sarevok?

An Assassin.

Arrows of Dispelling, Arrows of Explosion, Potion of Invisibility (as many as possible) and Staff of Striking.

Too bad the Thief Stronghold in BG2 is so lame.
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    edited November 2017
    Human bard or elven wild mage. No other options. At least in BG1 and BG2.

If we're talking IWD and IWD2, and most other fantasy RPGS, I'm most likely to set my party leader as a divine caster, usually a human but sometimes an elf or other race. In order of most to least frequency: Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Druid. The only major exception to this rule was the one time in IWD2 I started out with an elf ranger in the lead but before we left Targos the tiefling necromancer had become the permanent party leader and stayed that way the entire playthrough.

If I am not a divine caster in any game I will likely default back to mage or bard.

This is a good measure of my tabletop behavior as well, unless you stick me with a DM who lets me play a githzerai monk because given the option I WILL play a githzerai monk. The only thing that's kept me from doing that in IE games is the absence of the option.
    ThacoBellAerakarArctodusJuliusBorisov
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    The paladin/ wizard can be approximated by Might & Guile's gallant. A scroll- reading fighter with an aura to help allies.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisovContemplative_Hamster
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Mantis37 said:

The paladin/ wizard can be approximated by Might & Guile's gallant. A scroll- reading fighter with an aura to help allies.

I blame Icewind Dale 2 here. It spoiled me with it's Paladin of Mystra option. And the nice thing about how IWD2 handled that combination, is that it was actually kinda hard to make yourself overpowered stat wise, if you wanted to be halfway decent as a paladin and as a Wizard.

Honestly, I'd even be down for Inquisitor over Cavalier, as Dark Wizards are even worse than Dragons and Demons to a degree. But I can't really see a Paladin without the upper level priest spellcasting.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Pantalion said:

... while those party members are standing right there in the party for no reason except to show that it can be done.

Haha, you and me both. Often I don't even bother giving them items and just stack it all in my bag of holding since they won't use it anyways.
    Pantalion
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Man, how I wish I could make Bard/Ranger multiclass. I hate having to choose between two favorites.
    tbone1
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    tbone1 said:

ThacoBell said:

Man, how I wish I could make Bard/Ranger multiclass. I hate having to choose between two favorites.

You do realize that, as a ranger/bard, you would be required to:
    1. Cut down trees
    2. Wear high heels
    3. Suspenders
    4. And a bra
    And perhaps hire six members of the RCMP to follow you around, singing harmony.
    For those who might not get the reference:
    tbone1AerakarJuliusBorisov