Skip to content

A NWN:EE Countdown on beamdog.com

Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702

Hmmm, iOS and Android aren't listed... That's too bad. I love PST:EE on my iPad.

EDIT: They've officially given up the "mystery"...

Adding this to Google Calendar, with reminders :)
    AstroBryGuy
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Some infos and community reactions can be found on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nwncp/permalink/1878714545476076/
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346

I've got an Android tablet now. If they do port, they'd really need to figure out how to load custom campaigns on the tablets.

Support for Windows, MAC, and Linux only.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    _Luke_
  • lvdisturbed1lvdisturbed1 Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2017
    Quote from thread Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition iOS Patch 2.4 is Here, Full Notes available

Hadar said:

@JuliusBorisov

Is extremely confusing that you list all changes from 2.0 do 2.4 in the 2.4 patch notes.

Are you able to say what will change to a 2.3 PC player after updating to 2.4 (when the patch will be released for PCs)?

The patch notes here are for the iOS devices, - so they fully correspond to the actual changes if compared to the previous version on these devices (1.3). When the PC version 2.4 is released, the patch notes will cover changes from 2.3.67 to 2.4, but right now it's difficult to give exact details (of what will be changed). Suggestions by Faalagorn to look at Redmine can be a good start (to understand what the patch is about).

We understand the "salty AF" opinions, but Android updates ARE coming, as 2.4 for all the platforms is the next target.
    So...can I resume the "salty AF" opinions?
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    ok funny story: I actually had built a computer a few months ago specifically to play Neverwinter Nights 1. idk why. it just got in my head. I couldn't stop thinking about it. my now retired 2012 gaming laptop was just falling apart and it couldn't cut the mustard anymore. however, I had installed Windows 10 on this new machine and a very short while after that Win10 had an update that apparently broke the GOG version of NWN1. so that was fun. and now this shows up. life comes at you fast, I guess. B)
    lolienStummvonBordwehr
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Meh. Not interested in NWN.
    lefreutkanisatha
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I really really liked NWN1 back in the day. Graphics were the weakest part of the game and unfortunately they do not look much improved here.

I do prefer the character class possibilities in NWN. The ruleset is superior to 2E, in my opinion.

Not loving it so far based on the video and announcement alone, I'll see how it shapes up.
    lordkim
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I squealed.

A little.

:D

Where is the preorder?!!?
    Flashburnlolien
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Not hyped by this announcement. I was hoping for a new game not another Enhanced Edition. I don't think I will buy this one.

And still no news about 2.5 :/
    StefanOkanisathalordkim
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    We definitely need a mobile version of this game!! Come on ☺.....
    StummvonBordwehr
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Well, it could be worse, it could be Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance EE
    ThacoBell
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    lefreut said:

Not hyped by this announcement. I was hoping for a new game not another Enhanced Edition. I don't think I will buy this one.

And still no news about 2.5 :/

I think the new game will be the long-term project (PST:EE being the short term, NWN:EE the middle-term) that Trent once talked about.

As far as NWN:EE goes, I liked the SP campaigns, but never really got into MP. I've recently tried some of the great mods out there (thanks to @Lilura's excellent coverage on her blog) and really enjoyed that. So if this update means an opportunity for players and modders to go all crazy again on created content, that's great. I'm really curious to see a more detailed list of what this EE contains (there's been a boatload of updates created for the game, so what is included) and hope that the modding community's wishes are being addressed with this release. We will probably get some more information on this when the countdown ends and the website goes live.

LiluraThacoBell
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Not what I expected... Never could get into NWN, will probably skip this.
    kanisatha
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    dib said:

Too bad they didn't update the graphics. NWN is so ugly it makes my eyes bleed.

NWN is so ugly, Aribeth tried to break the 4th wall and get out of there.

NWN is so ugly, it looks like it was born with the ugly stick up its butt.

NWN is so ugly, it scared the ghosts out of the haunted house.

NWN is so ugly, it wouldn't be touched by a drunk orc.

I totally agree. If you ask me I would tell that NWN is at least 5 years older then BGI, BG graphics is getting older slowly.
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    I don't quite get this EE... I like NWN, but what it lacked most were better graphics. It was a more modern 3D engine that should actually allow better models to be put there (in contrast to IE games where hand-drawn maps and sprites are hard to upscale). Bah, in the spirit of EEs they could have tried porting it to a newer engine (NWN 2 exists after all) that has that out of the box! And be ready for a NWN 2 EE in the near future, having the same model of common engine where improvements benefit two games at once! And... and that's not what they changed for the EE. It's gonna be a hard sell.
    smeagolheart
  • DurendalDurendal Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2017
    There's no reason to port NWN to a newer ruleset or system, and it wouldn't be nearly as compatible as say, BG1 to BG2. The models were always pretty bad, especially compared to Kotor which came out the next year and was also by Bioware, but the segmented and generally lower quality made it significantly easier for content creators, since they could just make a few body or armor pieces that could be mixed and matched with everything else rather than make an entirely new model.

Is there any chance of the Community Patch Project getting rolled into this? At the very least, I'd like to see Eye of Gruumsh and Shou Disciple become "official".
    ThacoBell
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Wasn't NWN made in 3.0 rules? I would like it at least updated to 3.5th edition. There was a reason that update was called for, after all.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Now that was unexpected ...

I do really like NWN - But only because of the toolset. The combat and graphics in IE is a lot better...
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    NWN was weird, but I still really liked it. I look forward to finishing the OC and all big expansions I've never even tried!

I also look forward a lot to trying the Aurora Toolset. For us Linux users, it never worked (not even with wine, or very badly).
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    If they can actually get the toolset to the Mac, that would be awesome. That was the one thing that really bothered me about the original release. Although, really, it's not like any creative people ever use the Mac, so why would they? [/sarcasm]
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited November 2017
    Too bad.
    A new game is draining beamdog's energies before the release of IE patches 2.5.
    kanisatha
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    NWN is so ugly, it gets a -30 penalty when casting Charm person.

NWN is so ugly, it got a con penalty because it's familiar commited suicide the second it was summoned.

NWN is so ugly, people play it with the screen turned off.

Ok, I'll stop now.
    O_Bruce
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    Food for thought: The more PrC's the better. :smile:
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited November 2017
    Will NWN:EE be discouted for NWN vanilla's owners? @JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    rede9 said:

Will NWN:EE be discouted for NWN vanilla's owners? @JuliusBorisov

Join the Twitch today, - this is your chance to get answers on all questions about NWN:EE.
    rede9
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @JuliusBorisov - Any chance Beamdog's also working on Pool of Radiance: EE (Gold Box, of course)? :wink:
    smeagolheartOxva
This discussion has been closed.