Skip to content

New Beamdog content for OC, SOU and HOTU?

CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
edited November 2017 in Official Campaigns
Would you like to add some stuff to OC and expansions?
  1. New Beamdog content for OC, SOU and HOTU?195 votes
    1. Yes - to OC, SOU and HOTU
      28.21%
    2. Yes - to OC, but not the expansions
        2.56%
    3. Yes - to OC and expansions and other six premium modules
        9.74%
    4. No - no new content
        5.13%
    5. I kind of wish new official expansion, rather than changing existing
      44.10%
    6. I wish new premium module!
      10.26%
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
AedanRatibor92[Deleted User]TorgrimmerAnduin1varangian

Comments

• CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I voted for new official expansion, but I would be happy with changes to OC... I could not set multiple choice poll.
    michauRandomPersonCablefishMaloney
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    Cvijeta said:

I voted for new official expansion, but I would be happy with changes to OC... I could not set multiple choice poll.

Same - I would love for any added content (at the same price, though). I would pay for a good premium module or an expansion (by far the best option).
    Maloney
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    I'd like to see some of the dummied out material restored, such as the baby from SoU, and the multiple endings from HotU. Even the original campaign had numerous cuts compared to the final release:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080704172137/http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=community_news.Detail&id=2700
    GrymlordeAllanon81
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2017
    taclane said:

I'd like to see someone (anyone!) finish up the Witch's Wake premium module.

It had a unique story and promised more in Part 2..., which was unfortunately cancelled over a decade ago.

Ditto. I remember playing it and getting to the end and then being horribly disappointed. Time to finish that story!

EDIT: I'd be okay with some changes to the OC and expansions, and I'd also be okay with new official modules, but I chose "new expansion" because it's the one I agree with the most.
    taclanescruffylad
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I voted for new premium modules but I'd also love a new expansion.

I wouldn't object to a director's cut of the OC, which @TrentOster has spoken about at times. Seeing a streamlined OC would be pretty interesting to me.
    BelgarathMTHRandomPersonZwerkulesTorgrimmer
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    @BelleSorciere Trent mentioned on the livestream that they were unlikely to do director's cut versions of existing content. The design mandate is to look ahead, not backwards.
    I know, but a director's cut was mentioned in the past. Knowing that something isn't going to happen doesn't mean I can't wish it would.
    edited November 2017
    I mean I was by far not the first person to say I'd like to see a change to one or more of the OCs.
    helmo1977
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    @BelleSorciere Trent directly addressed what he said in the past and then clarified their design philosophy. Unfortunately it doesn't look to be in the cards.

They did mention the possibility of new expansions or premium modules though!
    BelleSorciere
    edited November 2017
    MadHatter said:

@BelleSorciere Trent directly addressed what he said in the past and then clarified their design philosophy. Unfortunately it doesn't look to be in the cards.

They did mention the possibility of new expansions or premium modules though!

I know he addressed what he said in the past. I know it's not going to happen but I still kind of wish it would.

I do look forward to future content! Which is what I wanted to vote for on the poll but had to pick one.
  • OnTheOtherHandOnTheOtherHand Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2017
    Hey, since Apple abandoned Rosetta in OS X, I have had to play NWN using CrossWeavers, so as long as they can release a stable version of NWN that runs natively on Mac and isn't buggy as hell, I think that's worth shelling out $39.99 for.

Having said that though, more premium modules would be nice. :)
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    I'm neutral about actual new content being added to already established modules and campaigns. However, I do really hope that they, at least, upgrade the basic gameplay of this older content to be something EE worthy. Henchmen inventory control, options, and AI just being a couple of examples.
    [Deleted User]Torgrimmerhelmo1977
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited November 2017
    Now THAT I am hyped about. New official content, in general, is always good, and new premium modules are basically a chance to tell a new DnD story from scratch or wrap up some of the very old plot threads from the old ones, which were all well done.
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    I'd like to see new content of any sort - either new adventures or new ways to play the current campaigns.

I mean, at the very least this seems like a great opportunity to include an Imoen cameo now that all the legal nightmares that prevented any crossover between Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights are gone.

It seems really odd to me that so far in these Enhanced Editions, the only game that's been substantially altered is the Baldur's Gate saga, which is the one that most people would agree was pretty damned near perfect. At the very least, most people would agree that the official campaign has a lot of room for improvement.
    RandomPersonfetito666helmo1977
  • PekarionPekarion Member Posts: 6
    I voted Premium Module. I think rather than polish old stuff they should focus on something shiny looking with great storytelling, using the enhanced edition to it's fullest potential. So it's not necessarily for me, but to show off capabilites.
    Andarian
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    The OC is too tedious in its rhythm to be redeemed. No improvements can fix the repetitive layout of it. NWN has survived due to its online and modding potential. Nobody really remembers the campaigns, but if they do, it's probably for the wrong reasons. SotU and HoU maybe not so much, but show me a person who thoroughly enjoyed the OC, and I will show you a person for whom I have given up hope.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    booinyoureyes
  • YehoyakinYehoyakin Member Posts: 15
    I voted for a new OC, I'll try to think that the original one never happened, besides I'm eager to see what beamdog comes up with.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I want a new adventure. Aribeth vs Mazzy, a crossover death match for supreme righteousness!
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited November 2017
    Given the unhealthy debate in the wake of new content and changes done to the BG series, as well as a wish for a real upgrade of a fantastic game, I'd rather have Beamdog focus on making the NWN EE the ultimate game/platform for D&D 3.x games ever, instead of spending time on creating new content - at least until the polished game is as good as it can be. I know there are some fantastic writers aboard now (mr. DG comes to mind), but first and foremost make this a true EE, oh please pretty please. :-)
    AndarianSavant1974
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    edited November 2017
    Most likely the OCs are going to the be the first impression that new and returning players get of NWNEE. If nothing at all is Enhanced from 2002, it won't be much of an impression. Bioware failed to update the OCs to current patch status even and, so far, it looks like BD is making that same mistake.
    Savant1974
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    edited November 2017
    Not strictly relevant to the topic, but - was there a reason why OC and expansions never got modders additions? With more quests, story changes, stuff? And if the reason was technical (like, when you made a change you had to distribute entire module which breaks copyrights, or they resited modifications or something) maybe that would be the something Beamdog can look at?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    A new expansion would be amazing!
  • MordaedilMordaedil Member Posts: 56
    I did frequent modifications to the OC adding in CEP and PRC, but the reason why you can't just download them is because *everyone* can do that themselves and there's legal repercussions uploading the main modules to the vault. People did that several times despite it, but they always got banned.

@Jidokwon I mean, that seems to be a sacrifice they are willing to make. They want to appeal to the content creators with this.

@1130210 People really don't like the main campaigns of this game as much as they liked the custom content of the Persistent Worlds. These people were still playing the game after 15 years, continuously. Like seriously, that's some level of dedication right there.

@chbrooks There wasn't any legal trouble even back then with Baldur's Gate references or anything, though? Also, I don't see a great deal of point in polishing a turd. It's still a piece of poop.
    [Deleted User]
  • EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    seems like most of the posters in this and other threads didnt take the time to watch the live stream or check the FAQ, since everything here was answered in one or the other
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Live stream did work for me... I did not notice anything in FAQ...
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    A new official expansion with a brand new campaign and full party support for some classic DnD adventuring, yes please!

Control a party of 4-6 or team up with your friends for multiplayer!

Full party support for single player would be a massive improvement. DnD isn't at its best with only one PC + henchman.
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    Mordaedil said:

@chbrooks There wasn't any legal trouble even back then with Baldur's Gate references or anything, though? Also, I don't see a great deal of point in polishing a turd. It's still a piece of poop.

I don't know if I'm off-base on this or not, but Bioware was fighting with Interplay for the rights to Baldur's Gate while Neverwinter Nights was under development. I've always had the impression that there would have been some references/crossover had the rights issue not been ongoing, though I might have extrapolated that from the endings in Throne of Bhaal that mentioned certain characters winding up in Neverwinter.
    Balrog99Arcmyst