Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited December 2017

@Wise_Grimwald: I might have been being a bit facetious when I said that. :wink:

I thought that you might have been. :D
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    semiticgoddesslolien
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Dimension door was said to be mostly removed because you could skip plot specific cutscenes which would unrepairably prevent the chapters and plot from being updated. I never figured out which cutscenes those were though....

I always let jaheira fight faldorn. It is an even battle in that case and either can win.
    lolien
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014

Journal of Ælfweald

After joining up with Tenya, we went ankheg hunting which boosted our experience tremendously and selling the shells, it also boosted our finances. Due to possession of a ring, my charisma is now 18 and we are also officially heroes, so we decided to do some Christmas shopping. We boosted Tenya's belt at the FAI so that she now has a decent strength. We also improved my ring of fire protection and bought some boots to improve our speed.

We then deemed it an opportune time to visit Bassilus. He wasn't pleased to see us and attacked. Command spells enabled us to defeat him though he managed to "hold" Tenya, it wasn't sufficient to save him as I and a summoned skeleton managed to kill him. The skeleton was also killed, but not before landing a devastating blow on Bassilus who died at the hand of the skeleton.

Eventually Tenya recovered her mobility and healed us all, so off we went to claim our reward.

We then bought oil of speed, a necklace of missiles and a scroll of protection from petrification with some of the reward money. We were rich for a short time but not any longer.

I have improved basilisks installed, so I am thinking that Tenya might also need some protection from basilisks. I haven't had that option installed before and have no idea what effect it might have.

We then went to stop Mutamin's rock garden growing.

In the temple area we wiped out many wolves including two vampyric wolves. On arrival in the basilisk area we killed Kirian and his party first.

I used the scroll of protection from petrification which allowed me to kill most of the medusae and basilisks, but through lack of care Mutamin saw me before I had killed them all. He cast remove magic whereupon I fled, however my protections remained and I was able to kill most of them before turning my attention to Mutamin.

There were still two basilisks and a medusa left, but I killed them all before going to Gullykin. I did this to meet up with Alora, but couldn't find her.

I usually use a mod that moves her to Gullykin but BWS reccomends using a different mod which is SCS.

This I did, but now I have no idea where she is. Can anyone tell me her location please.

Here is what the SCS component does according to the readme:

Move NPCs to more convenient locations.

The NPCs who are moved are:
    •Eldoth - moves from the Cloakwood to the woods south of the Friendly Arm.
    •Quayle - moves from Baldur's Gate to the Nashkel Carnival
    •Shar-Teel - moves from a fairly inaccessible bit of wilderness to the Nashkel-Beregost road
    •Tiax - moves from Baldur's Gate to Beregost
    •Viconia - moves from the eastern forest to the woods south of Beregost.

CD Tweaks also has this option, but uses a different approach:

Move NPCs from Baldur's Gate
    BGEE, EET, BG, BGT, Tutu

Adapted from the BG1 NPC Project mod, this component moves Alora, Quayle and Tiax so they can be found earlier in the game, and is compatible with Send BioWare NPC's to an Inn. You must start a new game for these changes to take effect on non-BGT games.

Alora will be found in Gullykin, near the winery door. Her initial dialog has been changed to reflect her new location. (Note: Dialog may not change in games without Tales of the Sword Coast installed.)

Quayle will be available at the Nashkel Carnival near the Great Gazib. No change to his initial dialog was required or made.

Tiax will start on the first floor of Feldpost's Inn. There is no change to his initial dialog.

As I understand, CD Tweaks should be installed prior to SCS, but I have both of these installed. That being said, I do not remember Alora ever appearing in Gullykin after I began using the SCS verison. Not sure why.
    BlackravenWise_GrimwaldStummvonBordwehr
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Arctodus said:

@semiticgod Another thing you might not like in the next update... Critical hit effects won't bypass weapon immunity. The Martyr's morningstar/Critical Hit combo will be greatly nerfed.

NANI!?!

But... But I LOVE how @semiticgod's War Hulk kit could obliterate a mage buffed with PfMW by smashing through it with a Deathblow Critical!

Dammit. I specifically didn't say anything about it because I didn't want it to get "fixed." Too late now...
    Grond0Wise_GrimwaldsemiticgoddessArctodus

@Aerakar I think that I now understand what has happened. SCS doesn't move Alora.

It is the BWS instructions that really need changing.

They say that SCS is preferred to CD Tweaks, but CD Tweaks are actually better than SCS, at least in my opinion.

Perhaps there needs to be some clarification in BWS saying what the differences are between different mods as quite often I find that the recommended mod is actually poorer than the alternative.
    Aerakar
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    For those who needs reference about the critical hit effect bug :

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/31343

The bug is classified as fixed.
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Flashburn said:

Arctodus said:

@semiticgod Another thing you might not like in the next update... Critical hit effects won't bypass weapon immunity. The Martyr's morningstar/Critical Hit combo will be greatly nerfed.

NANI!?!

But... But I LOVE how @semiticgod's War Hulk kit could obliterate a mage buffed with PfMW by smashing through it with a Deathblow Critical!

Dammit. I specifically didn't say anything about it because I didn't want it to get "fixed." Too late now...
    Holy crap! I didn't even think of that, and I designed the kit!

It should still be possible to do it with a nonmagical weapon on a normal mage, but unfortunately liches will be immune. Then again, since a Protection from Undead scroll has proven capable of completely breaking any lich's ability to function, liches are practically harmless now.
    Flashburn
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

Flashburn said:

Arctodus said:

NANI!?!

Holy crap! I didn't even think of that, and I designed the kit!
    I thought it was the coolest thing ever because the Shade Lich got styled upon by my War Hulk, Krieg, and was turned into a pile of chunky burrito meat. The lich's assault just stopped, and there was this stunning silence as I wondered, "Wait... I just killed him? THROUGH PfMW???"
    Arctodussemiticgoddesslolien
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Erratum : I got the Bard Hat in the Planar Prison, not the Bard Stronghold. That's what happen when you post a few days after the actual event...
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovPokota
    edited December 2017
    I started over. We went straight to the basilisk area with Tiax, dumped him right after he summoned his ghast for us, paralyzed Mutamin and chomped all the basilisks, and then headed north to farm ankhegs until we hit level 4. Unfortunately, we only have 4 castings of Invisibility per day because I failed to consider that Dragon Disciples lose spell slots. It's enough to deal with ambushes, but only if I keep close track of Invisibility spell durations.

No idea how I'm going to kill Mulahey. I might nab Xan's Moonblade with Sanctuary, recruit him to charm the kobolds and lure them outside, and maybe use Melf's Acid Arrow, Fire Traps, and our breath weapons to kill Mulahey early and wipe out the kobolds and skeletons.
    Post edited by semiticgoddess on
    EnuhalWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    Or maybe just spam Charm Person on Mulahey himself so we can waste his spells.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @semiticgod To charm Mulahey Algernon's Cloak is far safer than a cast spell, but probably isn't available the way that you are playing.
    semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehr
    @Wise_Grimwald: I'm afraid not. The only items we can use are quest items and those we create ourselves, so Algernon's Cloak is unavailable.