Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• GavanGavan Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone, I'm hoping to get an answer to a weird problem that I'm having.

I think that I did a dumb thing and ruined how Baldur's Gate II EE is accessing my .sav files. I was trying to get the EE Keeper to work and set the .sav files to open with that application. I corrected the issue, edited a save, and now none of my saves are accessible in either BG I or II, though I did not edit I. I I also received a crash report that occurred when I tried to correct my mistake and switched the files to open with the BGII application, assuming that would be better.

Is there anything I can do to set my .sav files back to running normally?

Thanks for any help.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    You could just have corrupted your save files. So just deleting the saves with your program closed might work. I once had corrupted save files and deleting them using explorer with the program closed worked.

If not a re-install should do the trick.
    Thanks. I figured a re-install might work, but would like to not lose my current saves (playing the series through for the first time in over a decade and would rather not start all the way over).
    Wise_Grimwald was right! I just uninstalled and re-installed the game and now the saves are accessible again. Thanks!
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905

I'm also having an issue adding items to my character with version 1.4. It crashes when I try to save the changes I've made.

I had the same problem. I had to roll back to an earlier version of EE Keeper to add items, which is a perfectly workable solution.

• Farcry360Farcry360 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2017
    Is it possible to set the number of spell slots you have permanently using effects so that when you level up it doesn’t change?
    Post edited by Farcry360 on
  • ZeareneinZearenein Member Posts: 2
    I've done some snooping (great job by the way), but I have not found a way to change a character's sound file. If this feature is already present, I'd love to know how to get to it. If not, that's my suggestion for the next update.
  • ZeareneinZearenein Member Posts: 2
    I realize now how stupid my question is... It's right in the character settings in-game...
  • eutheuth Member Posts: 1
    I know this is likely old but i struggling with getting the EEKeeper to open up my saved games - it crashes as soon as I hit OK after selecting a saved game.

G:\Downloads\EEKeeper 1.0.4.0\lang\en-US.dll
    Resource DLL loaded successfully.
    Retrieving file version.
    File version retrieved.
    Trying to create Keeper child window template.
    Keeper child window template successfully created.
    Trying to create Keeper Item Browser window template.
    Keeper Item Browser window template successfully created.
    Trying to create Keeper Spell Browser window template.
    Keeper Spell Browser window template successfully created.
    Trying to create Keeper Creature Browser window template.
    Keeper Creature Browser window template successfully created.
    Keeper Character Browser window template successfully created.
    Loading effects...
    Effects list loaded.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Done reading resource.
    Creating character colour Image List from bitmap.
    Getting bitmap info.
    Getting DC.
    Creating compatible bitmap.
    Creating compatible DC.
    Allocating bit buffer.
    Getting bitmap bits.
    Creating colour samples.
    Finished creating Image List.
    Resources Loaded.

Opening GAM file.
    Reading file
    Header: Okay
    Signature: Okay
    Version: Okay
    Party Character Info: Okay
    Out of Party Character Info: Okay
    Global Variables: Okay
    Journal Entries: Okay
    Familiar Data and Unused: Okay
    Finished Reading
    Loading DEFAULT.toh.
    Reading TOH header.

Does anyone have any ideas ?
  • adelwolfadelwolf Member Posts: 1
    I just downloaded EE Keeper... i managed to open my save file (Shadows of Amn) I can edit my character but everytime I try to add any item to the inventory and then save, ee keeper crashes.
    I am running the program in admin mode and still no luck.
    Does anyone have other solution? Thanks
    Sounds like I shouldn't download the new version then.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Just reporting in. I have not had that prob with the new version (yet).
    One thing that I have learned over the years with regard to BG mods is: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

One thing that I have learned over the years with regard to BG mods is: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I have gotten in the habit of keeping previous versions of mods saved for those 'just in case' moments.
    @Zaghoul Despite my name, you are wiser than I.
  • Setanta1978Setanta1978 Member Posts: 1
    Here's an odd issue with 1.0.4.0. I just installed it on a windows 10 machine. The first time i ran it worked fine. I was able to set the paths to BG2EE and it's saves and I was able to edit a character. I tested the new save file and it seems good. However, I can't run EEKeeper again. It looks like it is trying to load and then just quits without displaying anything. If I delete it and re-install, I can run it once before the same thing happens. ini file seems ok. I tried a few different compatibility settings including running in admin to no avail. I set logging to yes to see if it could give me any clues and this is all I got:

D:\Setanta\Documents\EEKeeper\lang\en-US.dll
    Resource DLL loaded successfully.
    Retrieving file version.
    File version retrieved.
    Trying to create Keeper child window template.
    Keeper child window template successfully created.
    Trying to create Keeper Item Browser window template.
    Keeper Item Browser window template successfully created.
    Trying to create Keeper Spell Browser window template.
    Keeper Spell Browser window template successfully created.
    Trying to create Keeper Creature Browser window template.
    Keeper Creature Browser window template successfully created.
    Keeper Character Browser window template successfully created.

Any ideas?
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    Does the latest version of EE Keeper work with the 2.5 beta patch for the games?
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    Hi all. I'm having a rather odd problem with EE Keeper.

I'm trying to edit my save or .chr files in IWDEE, and in particular the proficiencies of some characters. In the original Shadowkeeper/etc., I seem to remember one could do this by left or right clicking on the appropriate weapon proficiency slot. In EE Keeper all my clicking is in vain, and I have no idea how one actually edits any of the weapon proficiencies. Please can somebody explain?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    Stromael said:

Hi all. I'm having a rather odd problem with EE Keeper.

I'm trying to edit my save or .chr files in IWDEE, and in particular the proficiencies of some characters. In the original Shadowkeeper/etc., I seem to remember one could do this by left or right clicking on the appropriate weapon proficiency slot. In EE Keeper all my clicking is in vain, and I have no idea how one actually edits any of the weapon proficiencies. Please can somebody explain?

Have you tried clicking on the +/- buttons at the bottom of the tab? or manually entering the amount of pips as a number (i.e. 5 for grandmaster)?
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    Sjerrie said:

Have you tried clicking on the +/- buttons at the bottom of the tab? or manually entering the amount of pips as a number (i.e. 5 for grandmaster)?

D'oh! My EE Keeper opens saves and characters in a "windowed" mode: by maximising the size of that window I exposed the necessary + and - buttons. Thanks for pointing that out! :smile:

• CorzatTheGrayCorzatTheGray Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the contents of containers such as a Potion Case that is full and adjust how many of which potion it contains.

I have been unable to locate where one would find that information in EE Keeper.
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    'EE Keeper' isn't listing my 'Siege of Dragonspear'-save-games, does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    @Starhowl in EE Keeper click on "Settings" then "Installation directory" and change the "User Save Data Directory" to the folder with SoD saves in (if you haven't changed the defaults that just means adding "sod" to the front of "save")
  • tarasistarasis Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2018
    I'm another who is having issue with 1.0.4.0 crashing when adding an item to a characters inventory; either to a exported character or to a brand new save. (Win 10 Pro, BG2 EE GOG)
    -- Edit: 1.0.3.6 works perfectly.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416

I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the contents of containers such as a Potion Case that is full and adjust how many of which potion it contains.

I have been unable to locate where one would find that information in EE Keeper.

Aren't the containers technically stores? See if you can find anything about stores and their contents?
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    Grond0 said:

@Starhowl in EE Keeper click on "Settings" then "Installation directory" and change the "User Save Data Directory" to the folder with SoD saves in (if you haven't changed the defaults that just means adding "sod" to the front of "save")

It was merely the checkbox that wasn't ticked - ticking it resolved it! ^_^
  • CodeKillerCodeKiller Member Posts: 20
    Hello, is anyone using EEKeeper for IWD EE ?
    If yes, do you know why Hrothgar cannot be opened properly while he only has basic items equiped ?
    Thanks.

• FistOfFuryFistOfFury Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post out of desperation :p

I am having trouble with editing a save game from my IPad. I emailed myself a BG:EE save, opened the attachment on my PC, renamed it to end with .zip, and then unzipped them into the folder:
    C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\

I do not have the game on my PC.

In EE, I set Installation Directory as (I tried other filepaths):
    C:\Program Files\Beamdog\Games\0076\

I made sure the lang folder that came with the EEKeeper installation is in folder 0076

I set "User Save Data Directory" as:
    C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\

I made sure to not include the save. "Use Custom Save Location" is checked.

For some reason the language option is blank, I didn't have the option to choose anything. In the end, I still get an "EEKeeper was unable to read the game resources" error. I'm guessing this is because no language was selected. But the problem is, I can't select a language because there is no language option to select. If someone knows how to solve this, it would make my day.
  • SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    The EE Keeper uses resources from the game installation. You do not have the game installed on your PC. It will not work this way.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    @Troodon80 I always appreciate the work you've put into this. I was curious if you ever explored creating a fix for the fact that everytime you edit a save, it refreshes the spell list of each character? It'd be great if you could edit save logs and only change - for example - a single stat, without other aspects being affected. Not sure if this is doable. I know in the distant past, EEKeeper (then Shadowkeeper) automatically identified magic items in inventory, but that was fixed... so maybe all spells becoming memorized on game save edit could be too?