Skip to content

CLUA Console for BG2EE

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Midman said:

I installed OSX Mavericks and now the CLUAConsole will not respond when I type "control space". The mod to the Baldur.ini file is absolutely correct, but still it will not work. Also, all saved games and info was lost! Anyone got any ideas?

If you upgraded from Snow Leopard, this is because Baldur.ini has moved (side effect of sandboxing required in Lion or later). It has moved from the Documents folder to Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition (Hold down option and click on Go/Library menu to find the Library folder) BGEE installs a shortcut to this folder in Documents, but it may not be there if you installed on Snow Leopard.
  • TheostanzinTheostanzin Member Posts: 53
    My Viconia romance was killed despite offering to cuddle in the second to last conversation. Since I didn't realize this until I had played on thru the underdark, rather than restarting I used the CLUAConsole instructions to try to restart the romance. That seemed to work and I got the conversation where she senses that Lolth is hunting her; however, now her character won't shut up, to the point where I can't even get her to move without stopping to boast or taunt in Drow "Victory will be ours . . . " "Ust stans zhan dost ... " "Shar guides . . ." etc.
  • WujekDylaWujekDyla Member Posts: 3
    Ok, i have one problem here - I succesfully launched debug mode, but whenever I am trying to use the console itself (i.e MoveToArea command) it only shows Debug Dump: CGame Area and lots of bullsh*, but nothing really happens.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    WujekDyla said:

Ok, i have one problem here - I succesfully launched debug mode, but whenever I am trying to use the console itself (i.e MoveToArea command) it only shows Debug Dump: CGame Area and lots of bullsh*, but nothing really happens.

What specifically did you write in? The console is finicky about how commands are written in.

Your command should look like this

C:MoveToArea("AR0300")

(just replace AR0300 with whatever the area code is). Also remember to have all your party members highlighted when you are doing this (to prevent them from ending up in different areas).
    This is the exact command i am writing, with all the party members highlighted, and nonetheless "Debug Dump:CGame Area, C:MoveToArea("AR3000"), AR0411, etc, etc.. " is only showing up and nothing really happens, while all the Ctrl+J, Ctrl+R and other commands are working properly.
    elminster
    You are using ctrl + space and typing in the command right? Not Ctrl+M (which is the only thing I've found that can give me the "debug dump" line)
    WujekDyla
    edited July 2014
    Oh Lord, how embarrassed I am now - yes, I actually have been using only ctrl + M, instead of ctrl + space. Thank you very much kind sir!
    elminsterjackjack
    Glad to be of help :)
  • cygnusx15cygnusx15 Member Posts: 2
    Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I've attached my baldur.ini file (I changed the extension to .txt because these forums don't allow uploading .ini files). When I press CTRL+SPACE in game nothing happens. Or alternatively, does anyone know how to get Watcher's Keep to show up on the map without using a console command?
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2014
    @cygnusx15‌ i've attached my baldur.ini it works for me without a problem so should be fine for you, i'd imagine.
    JuliusBorisov
  • beombeom Member Posts: 2
    I am unable to access the attached baldur.ini file. Looks like my baldur.ini file for BG2 EE is very complicated. not sure what I need to put to enable cheats....
    Have a look at this post for a detailed discussion of how to get this working:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization
    jackjack
  • TheWizardSleeveTheWizardSleeve Member Posts: 3
    Right, this is really irritating me!

I've input all the details right and it still won't work. I've followed every bit of advice on these boards and all CTRL + Space does is pause my game. I'm using windows 7.

• Hellercopter72Hellercopter72 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    I am having the same issue as TheWizardSleeve. Here is what my .ini looks like. I've done this before when I had the game (CDs) but this time I have downloaded the game from the GameStop store. The .ini is totally different. I added the Debug Mode in the Program Options area below.

HD0:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\
    CD1:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\English;C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\CD1
    CD2:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\CD2;C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\English;C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\CD2
    CD3:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\English;C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\CD3
    CD4:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\English;C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\CD4
    CD5:=C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II\CD5
    [Program Options]
    Installing=0
    Install Type=3
    Debug Mode=1
    [Game Options]
    Memory Access=100
    Memory Level=1
    [Local]
    Language=English
    Language25=English
    [Uninstall]
    Uninst_dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{7AF32AB1-CB97-11D4-9607-0050BA84F5F7}
    Uninst_dir_25=C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{B8C3B479-1716-11D5-968A-0050BA84F5F7}
    [GameSpy]
    Enabled=1

Once I launch the game I try to bring up the console (Cnrl+Space) and all it does is pauses the game.
  • ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
    Illydth said:

Add the following line to your baldur.ini file, then hit Ctrl+Space in game to bring up the console. You'll have to restart the game (I think) after adding the line.

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

What if, you've done this all rdy and it still doesn't work?
    You need to quit the game, modify the file and start the game. (If you modify it while the game is running, it may get overwritten when you quit.)
    jackjack
  • StrunkStrunk Member Posts: 21
    Hey, I must say this. I'd modified it for hundreds of times by strictly keeping to those methods discussed, but it still don't work out. That finally I figured out ,that I am a chinese win7 user, even though I use English system, but my chinese pinyin service hotkey is ctrl + space. Then it conflicts with CLUAconsole. So everyone should know you must change your keyboard hotkey first, then you can strike a change in your game. Since Baldur's Gate is a really world-wide game, this should be really noted.
    jackjack
  • GentblueGentblue Member Posts: 39
    On Yosemite-using Apple Macs you might have to use the option key on the right of your keyboard for some reason. I also disabled the normal keyboard shortcut just in case (system preferences-keyboard-shortcuts-spotlight). Apple are mean to ancient RPGs!
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Aside from Aerie and Mellisan, are there any NPCs who are cleric/mages (multi or dual, doesn't matter) and if so what are their clua codes?
  • baqerbaqer Member Posts: 1
    Hey Gate!
    Need help with the Viconia movement bug in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition - something you have already helped a lot of folks with. Would really appreciate if you could look in to the attached save file and fix it. Thanks in advance!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @baqer my browser is blocking the download, would you be able to compress it with the zip format instead.
    Thanks
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited April 2016
    @Gate70 I am pretty sure chrome is panicking for no real reason. It is blocking all .rar files on the forums. It even blocked one of @elminster 's old mods. You could probably ignore the multiple warnings that the browser is giving... Unless elminster really does make malware or something...

I would, but this is a new computer, and, well, you know how these things go...
    edited April 2016
    Who told you I make malware! How else am I to learn all the secrets behind the offices lunch routines? :)
    TressetProont
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited April 2016
    I'm sure it is, however I would prefer not to use an alternate browser and I don't get the option to ignore the alert :)

& some rar files are downloaded successfully so may depend on compression software or options.
  • I can't get the cheats to work I can open the ctrl+space console command menu but whenever I type anything it says
    [string "CLUAConsole:CreateItem:("exampletext")" function arguments expected near ':'
    please help me I'm at a loss
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @RazielthePaladin For the EEs you just need to type "C: "Insert command here". You don't type out "CLUAConsole" anymore.
    Shikao
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    @RazielthePaladin, there is a thread about console commands -> link
  • VodosbnVodosbn Member Posts: 3
    Isaya said:

You need to use an editor better than notepad for it to work. Wording and spaces must be strictly followed. Use Wordpad, or an alternative text editor such as Notepad++ to edit the Baldur.ini file.
    Copy and paste this
    just after line "INSERT INTO options ROWS (". Pay attention to copy the space part before 'Program Options' too. There must a tab at the beginning of the line and after the comma in between quoted parts.

Position of the line is not that important, although it must be between the initial "INSERT INTO..." and before the line preceeding the ending ");". Note that the last line before ");" doesn't have a final comma, so you need to insert the given line before that line without ending comma.

Hi. i did everything you said, try every little things I can but it doesn't work. The CLUA Console do not open. I'm stuck in the illithids city because I accidentally killed the mind flayer I needed to open the doors and for no reason, it doesnt respawn. I don't understand why it doesn't work for me. Please, any idea ? Thanks.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Vodosbn said:

Isaya said:

You need to use an editor better than notepad for it to work. Wording and spaces must be strictly followed. Use Wordpad, or an alternative text editor such as Notepad++ to edit the Baldur.ini file.
    Copy and paste this
    just after line "INSERT INTO options ROWS (". Pay attention to copy the space part before 'Program Options' too. There must a tab at the beginning of the line and after the comma in between quoted parts.

Position of the line is not that important, although it must be between the initial "INSERT INTO..." and before the line preceeding the ending ");". Note that the last line before ");" doesn't have a final comma, so you need to insert the given line before that line without ending comma.

Hi. i did everything you said, try every little things I can but it doesn't work. The CLUA Console do not open. I'm stuck in the illithids city because I accidentally killed the mind flayer I needed to open the doors and for no reason, it doesnt respawn. I don't understand why it doesn't work for me. Please, any idea ? Thanks.
    If i remember correctly in the Mind Flayer City there is a room that respawns an Illithid every time you come in, as long as you completely leave that room 1st, so you can always grab a new Control Circlet and re-charm from that room. It's to the North of the room with the slaves where you create the Control Circlet.
  • VodosbnVodosbn Member Posts: 3
    Borek said:

If i remember correctly in the Mind Flayer City there is a room that respawns an Illithid every time you come in, as long as you completely leave that room 1st, so you can always grab a new Control Circlet and re-charm from that room. It's to the North of the room with the slaves where you create the Control Circlet.

Yeah, in my memories, the mind flayers keeps respawning until you open the doors, but, here, it doesn't. I tried everything I can, slept a thousand hours, kill all the slaves (because I was angry), and nope : no mind flayer. I wanted to spawn a mind flayer with the console, but I can't open the console. And above all, my last save is in Athkatla, just before venturing to the island with the mad wizards.

I use a french patch which translate the text and I thought it caused a glitch, so I uninstalled the game, removed the patch, created a new game, sacrificed a goat to the gods, but no results. I don't know what to do next.