Skip to content

The perennial question

2»

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Greywolf carries Varscona, a +2 longsword that does 1 extra cold damage on hit. It's a big loss by BG1 standards, but BG1 standards are pretty low. The next-best longsword is a simple +1 weapon. It's not like losing Carsomyr or Celestial Fury in BG2.

I wouldn't worry about it.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2017
    Raduziel said:

Luke93 said:

Raduziel said:

Luke93 said:

I managed to kill him only thanks to the wand of frost....)

I have some bad news for you...
    What do you mean? This is my first time with SCS....
    You probably lost the best sword in the game (excluding items from SoD or added by mods).
    No, I didn't lose that sword because I delivered the final blow with my weapons -> I got him down to the "Near Death" status with two charges of my wand of frost...

@semiticgod I'm also using Item Revision, so Varscona +2 deals 1D4 cold damage :) ...
    semiticgoddessRaduziel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBelltbone1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    RaduzielContemplative_Hamster
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Luke93 said:

Raduziel said:

Luke93 said:

Raduziel said:

Luke93 said:

I managed to kill him only thanks to the wand of frost....)

I have some bad news for you...
    What do you mean? This is my first time with SCS....
    You probably lost the best sword in the game (excluding items from SoD or added by mods).
    No, I didn't lose that sword because I delivered the final blow with my weapons -> I got him down to the "Near Death" status with two charges of my wand of frost...

@semiticgod I'm also using Item Revision, so Varscona +2 deals 1D4 cold damage :) ...
    There is also the Harrower longsword that does +3 to undead.
    ThacoBell
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @subtledoctor What mod adds the quest to deliver the letter do Dawn Priest Blaise?
    Raduziel

Raduziel said:

@subtledoctor What mod adds the quest to deliver the letter do Dawn Priest Blaise?

Dunno. I think either AC Quest or BG Quests & Encounters.
    It's not BGMQE, for sure.

Thanks!
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Raduziel said:

Romantic Encounters I think.

It suggests they have a "thing" going on. All above board of course, they have never even met.
    Raduziel
    @subtledoctor The slime quest is from BGMQE
    ThacoBell
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Raduziel said:

Romantic Encounters I think
    Ah! Yes. I'm trying this one out for the first time. Installed the PG version (because I'm here for the combat really). The stuff where people throw themselves at Charname is a bit... weird. But it's nice to fill out the world a bit with other people actually having relationships.

Hmm, is that mod also the source of the quest where the guy in a house in Beregost is a slime? That's a good one, and it has a romantic angle.

I think RE is a mod you play once maybe twice and then go have a lie down because your charname must be suffering from exhaustion.

No bloody energy left to fight anything.

Not sure if it's worse for female charname, some "encounters" in the non PG version certainly seem to be female only as it would be hard to see them happening to a bloke.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    This is why you never play the game
    RaduzielArctodusGusindasemiticgoddess
    RaduzielGusindasemiticgoddess
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Enjoy!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited July 2018

2) For Heaven's sake, install SCS! The game's really kind of not worth playing without it.

How's it going?

I cannot pass the bandit camp :( .....
    My party is level 4/5 and consists of: Shadow Adept (CHARNAME), Assassin (custom character), Verr'sza, Viconia, Tiax and Dorn.

I think next time I'll skip "Mages cast some short duration spells instantly at the start of combat to simulate pre-battle casting"......

Moreover, I noticed that SCS applies its scripts even to the CRE files added by other mods.... For instance, Pasha Kohvu (an enemy mage/thief from the mod Verr'sza) benefits from "Smarter Mages".... Is this intended?
    Yes, it is.

And I always skip this cheese automatic-buffing feature. If I don't cheat the game I don't like to see the game cheating on me.
    Balrog99