Your Signature Character Class

124»

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Gnome Palemaster...

Because NWN:EE...
    Proonttbone1[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    Cleric (15) -> Mage, because there are tomes of wisdom and wis bonuses in the Irencius trial, by the time you reach tob you will have 23 wis (or even 24 depends on if you really tried-It's hard to get the deck of many things before lv15) and that grant you extra spells enough for a lv15 cleric to function as the only cleric in team.
    Also you'll have ROV so yay instance sunray!
    StummvonBordwehr[Deleted User]ProontJuliusBorisov
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2018
    In BG: Thief->cleric, a ne'er-do-well who learns to channel the divine spirit of Bhaal resting uneasily within him. Withthe aid of a few mods such as "kjeron's dualclass into kits" and Faiths and Powers, Ur-Priest kit for the appropriate feel. In vanilla EE, assassin->cleric has much the same feel.
    AerakarJuliusBorisovGrammarsalad
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2018

For the BG saga, I like Sorcerer the most and then Fighter/Mage. I wish there was something like a Fighter/Sorcerer!

Oh @Aquadrizzt @subtledoctor is @Grammarsalad @argent77 @Artemius_I @kjeron , lords of magics fell, I summon thee and beg of thee: hearken this knave's words! Allow less dedicated followers of the path to channel your favours on a part-time basis!

(I mean, you've made Chaos Sorcerers, thief-druids, Mystics, the Magus and other sorcerer kits, Shadow Magic, etc. If anyone can manage to make a multi-class sorcerer, it's you guys.)
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
    ProontStummvonBordwehrThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    arcane caster, no matter what, but he/she HAS to be an arcane caster. everything from the unkitted mage to the powerful sorcerer, pure class or mixed with thief, cleric or fighter, in dual or multi.
    in the 90% of my runs i want that all the party can cast arcane magic.
    i chose a not arcane caster charname only if i want to try something different.
    the last not arcane casters was an undead hunter and a half elf F/T.
    ProontBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    edited January 2018

For the BG saga, I like Sorcerer the most and then Fighter/Mage. I wish there was something like a Fighter/Sorcerer!

Oh @Aquadrizzt @subtledoctor is @Grammarsalad @argent77 @Artemius_I @kjeron , lords of magics fell, I summon thee and beg of thee: hearken this knave's words! Allow less dedicated followers of the path to channel your favours on a part-time basis!

(I mean, you've made Chaos Sorcerers, thief-druids, Mystics, the Magus and other sorcerer kits, Shadow Magic, etc. If anyone can manage to make a multi-class sorcerer, it's you guys.)
    It's being worked on.

In fact, multi-class Sorcerers are basically done... just need to write up the Weidu and throw it into Tome and Blood. But you know it wouldn't be a good content update to one of my mods without a balance pass that I agonize over for months (see: Monastic Orders of Faerun's 2 year development cycle).
    Contemplative_HamsterStummvonBordwehrThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Me, Ranger or F/T.

So much archery at max range and run out of sight and hide to do game mechanic abuse of spellcasters.
    ProontSkatanJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    edited January 2018
    @Iroumen. Have you documented runs with your transmuters? I'd love to read about them if you have. I'd like to pick up new tricks.

Transmuters are super fun.

Best,

A.
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @Alesia_BH I might be mistaken, but didn't you also went through Watcher's Keep with Arkona, your halfling barbarian ? I remember having read that playthrough...
    Alesia_BH
    Arctodus said:

@Alesia_BH I might be mistaken, but didn't you also went through Watcher's Keep with Arkona, your halfling barbarian ? I remember having read that playthrough...

Yuppers!

(I just didn't think it was worthy of mention in the case of the barbarian)

Best,

A.
    Arctodus
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Alesia_BH Any tips on using a Beast Master? I always fled from this kit like it was the bearer of a plague.
    Raduziel said:

@Alesia_BH Any tips on using a Beast Master? I always fled from this kit like it was the bearer of a plague.

Do you know the Adventurer's Lounge thread? We can talk about it over there. I don't want to derail this thread

Best,

A.
    Raduziel
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    The noreload thread has a transmuter party run through SoD but it is not overly descriptive on a round by round basis.
    Other than that I had one on the ancient bg board before it went to bioware so that is long gone. I keep intending to play again but I never find time now with kids and work and illness.

Anyway, yes, transmuters are great fun thematically. :)
    Alesia_BHJuliusBorisovArctodus
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Also a sidenote, I wish pets / familiars leveled with you and if die they would be resummonable 1/ day and that you could have a raven (just like in NWN, one of the few things that game got right), because ravens are awesome;
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/KWzH4ny

Like that girl, cept a HUUUGE one. I saw a picture of a girl with a huge raven on the subway once, unfortunately that picture above is the picture that pops up when you google it, so it will have to do.
    SkatanProont