Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to pre-order, apply for the Head Start and check for details. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

14567810»

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 1,060
    Any news on when 2.5 will be released? I haven't seen the update yet when I open the client.

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member Posts: 865

Any news on when 2.5 will be released? I haven't seen the update yet when I open the client.

There is still some bugfixing going on I believe, so it's not released yet.

JuliusBorisov
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,394

I wish to know what feedback Beamdog has taken into account.

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member Posts: 865
    rede9 said:

I wish to know what feedback Beamdog has taken into account.
    I think this is just a general comment on the feedback we gave them. For example, I gave the feedback that although this patch is focused on MP/bug fixing, the most glaring issue for me is the UI. Of course, with mods like LeFreut's or Pecca's UI the game looks great again, but it felt (at that time) to me as a missed opportunity to rectify the mess from the v2-process. Looking at the comments that have been made by Beamdog it seems that we will see another patch after v2.5 later on in the not-so-near future. So I can understand the need to first tackle more technical issues. However, during this beta and also looking at the NWN:EE head start, I understand that getting MP to work (better/at all) is more important than the UI. The same reason why I want them to first get all the technical stuff done in NWN:EE before heading into doing art-stuff.

I also hope that when v2.5 is released, Beamdog will comment on
    1. Some results of the beta survey
    2. Future plans with regards to more patches for the IE-games (not necessarily with a timeline) in order to know where we stand. For example something along the lines of "our long-term plans are:
        first get SoD to 2.5/tablets
        then get a patch out for PST:EE
        finally come back to the other IEs
    3. If they learned anything from three subsequent betas in terms of managing expectations and such (v2, PST:EE private/public, v2.5) as this is a discussion that surfaces after every beta.

rede9AndreaColomboProontAdul
14567810»