Skip to content

My first run. Gnome Illusionist/Cleric

2»

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Rasaad with Cloak of the Wolf, Dagger of Venom on the off-hand, Gauntlets of Ogre Power is devastating.
    Besides to kill Fairy People like Sirine with Poison is so politically incorrect as pollution; I like it.
    Mirandel
    I met Kahrk being out of spells. I had to consume antimagic potion.

Next I went to Ice Island where I cannot dispel fear and confusion. I won the battle but confused Kivan killed CHARNAME.
    edited January 2018
    Wow. My Pseudo Dragon Familiar killed Basilisks at Durlag tower alone. Is its immunity to petrification a bug?

EDIT:
    Wow. Neera casts Clairvoyance INDOOR with Wild Surge (31741 Area explored)
    Post edited by rede9 on
    I've found The Practical Defense... but an Ankheg Plate Mail let me wear ring of protection with the same AC plus improved saving throws.
    rede9 said:

Wow. My Pseudo Dragon Familiar killed Basilisks at Durlag tower alone. Is its immunity to petrification a bug?

No it isn't: 25670.

Where can I sell wardstones and cursed scrolls?
  • twillighttwillight Member Posts: 65
    You can't sell quest items, and cursed scrolls worth like 1 gp, so don't bother.

Btw, I think the Five Flagons Inn buys pretty much any kind of items available to sell, so if you can't sell there, I think you can as well throw away your unwanted stuff. The other "sell all" shop is the bottom left inn in Beregost, and maybe Ulgoth Beard's inn.
    rede9semiticgoddess
    Wow. I didn't know Throwing Daggers receive Strength bonus.
    4 ogre magi.
    - Sanctuary
    - Chant
    - Silence, 15' Radius
    - Wand of Fire: Agannazar's Scorcher
    - 4 deaths

@Anduin Indeed Divine spell + Wounds is the OP quirk of Gnome Illusionist/Cleric
    Anduin
    edited January 2018
    I thought Sanctuary spell worked only with BLUE Buff spell but the description says it works with all no harmful spells: in fact I succeeded to cast Charme and Silence and Chant without breaking Sanctuary... but Great Malison has broken it.
    Is it a bug @JuliusBorisov or a secured balance?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think the main rule here is that under Sanctuary no offensive action can be taken, and Greater Malison is an offensive action.
    semiticgoddessAnduin
    edited January 2018

I think the main rule here is that under Sanctuary no offensive action can be taken, and Greater Malison is an offensive action.

And is Silence, 15' Radius not? Neither Glitter Dust works. This is senseless.
    How can Dumbness and Blindness be different? And Greater Malison and Chant?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

Sanctuary is completely broken in the v2.5beta.
    Prior, it's effect was identical to normal invisibility (only differing by what spells could dispel them). Using any effect specifically flagged "Hostile" would break Sanctuary/Invisibility, as well as any action that did not target the caster/user.

In the beta, it's currently only broken by effects that are specifically flagged as hostile, which many offensive spells are not, and some cannot be, as it would undermine their own effects(such as a Charm spell breaking itself if it were hostile).
    edited January 2018
    kjeron said:

Sanctuary is completely broken in the v2.5beta.
    Prior, it's effect was identical to normal invisibility (only differing by what spells could dispel them). Using any effect specifically flagged "Hostile" would break Sanctuary/Invisibility, as well as any action that did not target the caster/user.

In the beta, it's currently only broken by effects that are specifically flagged as hostile, which many offensive spells are not, and some cannot be, as it would undermine their own effects(such as a Charm spell breaking itself if it were hostile).
    I think even Charm is broken in the v2.5 beta: when it ceases neutral target turns hostile. Has it been flagged "Hostile" wrongly?

By the way, what are in the end the offensive spells not flagged "Hostile" usable with Sanctuary one?
    Loldrup
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    rede9 said:

I think even Charm is broken in the v2.5 beta: when it ceases neutral target turns hostile. Has it been flagged "Hostile" wrongly?

Charm has always terminated leaving the target hostile, it is a part of the Charm effect used by the spell. Since the spell itself cannot be flagged as hostile, as that would immediate break the effect, the Charm effect itself must turn the target hostile when it ends.
    rede9 said:

By the way, what are in the end the offensive spells not flagged "Hostile" usable with Sanctuary one?

Most of them: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34796

rede9
    kjeron said:

rede9 said:

Most of them: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34796

slurp.

• GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    We have an internal ticket with a list of items and spells that are marked "passive-aggressive" which cover roughly half of all spells in the games. I just double checked the list and everything mentioned in this thread is included in that list - so worry not. :)
    JuliusBorisov
    Some bug I discovered has been fixed.
    I want to try the next beta.
    edited February 2018
    Since there is only one Arrow of Slaying, who is the nastiest ogre?
    I usually use it on the nearest: that in the sewer.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    rede9 said:

Since there is only one Arrow of Slaying, who is the nastiest ogre?
    I usually use it on the nearest: that in the sewer.

Kahrk, undoubtedly. Especially when using SCS.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Beta has been update. Now Tempus Kit is available.
    Maybe should I restart with biclass Tempus cleric/ Mage.
    JuliusBorisov
    rede9 said:

Beta has been update. Now Tempus Kit is available.
    Maybe should I restart with biclass Tempus cleric/ Mage.

Ehi Branwen has been converted into kit.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited April 2018
    I wonder... Do malus of the enemy saves against mage school work with a Multi/Biclass divine spell? Like Poison (lv. 4) cast by Xzar?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It should (try it out and report back, I guess :) )