Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Greetings!

Hello everybody, my name is John and I've recently been rediscovering my old love of the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape games. I've been reading these forums heavily for a few weeks now and figured I'd join to participate in discussions as well. I'm 32 and my introduction to D&D was through Baldur's Gate II when it was brand new, I was 15 at the time and it completely changed my life. I'll never forget rolling a character for the first time, understanding almost nothing about what I was doing but it was love at first sight and I've since replayed the game more times than I can count.

The enhanced editions showing up as available on my phone after not having played the games for many years brought me back, and later I got all of the enhanced edition games for PC and have been going through the Baldur's Gate series recently (currently I'm playing a Priest of Lathander and am going through the Underdark with Keldorn, Aerie, Nalia, Imoen and Neera). I also began a new game on Icewind Dale but have put it on hold until I've cleared Throne of Bhaal.

I have a 12 year old son and 8 year old daughter who I've been trying to introduce to the games with varying degrees of success; my daughter began a game as a Shaman (lol) and they both come to see when I'm battling something like a Lich or a Mind Flayer with excitement, and they will occasionally peek at my Forgotten Realms source books. Anyway, I hope to become an active member here and learn from others, I play on 'normal' difficulty since it's been so many years and I've forgotten much of the intricacies of magic and combat, but I'm beginning to be comfortable again, I was able to defeat the Shade Lich, Firkraag and a few other difficult enemies and believe I will be able to go up to 'core rules' soon. Thanks for reading!

ArctodusronaldoTorgrimmerRavenslightJuliusBorisov

Comments