Skip to content

[v3.4] Aura, a gnome artificer NPC for BG:EE + SoD

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Pantalion

Ah, yes. I made an error in dialogue trigger script. I'm making a fix for it (and other stuff) right now.
    v0.7
    • Added illusionist restrictions to mage/thief Aura
    • Added learned spells for mage/thief Aura at higher levels
    • Made the Undercellar battle easier again
    • Fixed SoD-versions of Aura having too many skill points
    • Fixed C/T Aura reverting to cleric animations in SoD
    • Fixed erroneous scripts that caused dialogues to trigger too early
    ThacoBell
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

What is that portrait you're using? :)

This one?

I've been mucking around with it to have a goggles-inclusive portrait for Aura. Still not sure I'm happy with the colours yet.
    ThacoBellCaszidyMirandel
    @Pantalion

A version with the goggles worn around her neck instead would make me very happy :)
    v0.8
    • Fixed Artificer-only item restrictions
    ThacoBell
    edited January 2018

@Pantalion

A version with the goggles worn around her neck instead would make me very happy :)

Well won't that teach me to get rid of the large image after making the portrait?

Eighty minutes later:

ThacoBellCaszidyMirandel
    @Pantalion Great stuff. From the colors on her sprite though, it's her armor that's pink while her clothes are grey/white:

Added in the hairpin from her base portrait as well. I can add it to her portrait selection if you're okay with it.
    ThacoBellCaszidy
    Sure, knock yourself out.
    edited January 2018
    I'll add it to the next update then. Regarding BG2 - final iteration of the workshop, includes daytime and nighttime versions. The night map was a pain to make as I had to manually recolor and hand-draw all the lighting, but I'm fairly happy with how it came out.

Note: geographically, this area is a newly-added top floor in the Jansen home.
    ThacoBellCaszidyrandomencounter
  • randomencounterrandomencounter Member Posts: 10
    Finally a thief in SOD - and probably the first gnome too - I’d actually want to use (Sorry Glint and Jan but I never liked either of you).

Will need to give this one a play through soon. We’re you planning to keep her unique bow through BG2 as well?
    @randomencounter

The Sunshooter remains in BG2 but no longer gets level-based upgrades.
    @Artemius_I

Ah ok. Will it be removeable in BG2 then? Only asking as I’ll give Imoen crossbows if Aura is locked into a shortbow in both games!
    @randomencounter

No, she remains locked into her personal bow. Part of it is to not lose it gameplay-wise, and in-story is justified in a short dialogue where she say she's not physically strong enough to handle a normal bow without tiring herself out too quickly.

In BG2, though, it gets a divergent upgrade path so there'll be multiple versions of the bow to end up with.
    ThacoBellCaszidy
    @Artemius_I
    Oh the upgrade path sounds very interesting. Crossbows for Imoen it is then!
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Finally a thief in SOD - and probably the first gnome too - I’d actually want to use (Sorry Glint and Jan but I never liked either of you).

How dare you ignore the greatness of Tiax?! Tiax rules all!
    randomencounterContemplative_Hamster
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Will need to give this one a play through soon. We’re you planning to keep her unique bow through BG2 as well?

Cloakshadow's cloak's shadow! Your parties must be so boring!
    v0.8.1
    • Fixed single-class Aura's loss of Set Snare
    • Added alternate portrait by Pantalion
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    @Artemius_I I was wondering - it would be great to have some reaction from Aura to Big metal unit in ToB. What do you think about this idea? It's too shame, that almost none of those hundreds of NPC mods which are available don't have any content or at least simple reaction for completion of Big metal unit.
    @Caszidy

No plans in the making at the moment, but it's possible I'll throw something in there.
    Caszidy
    v0.8.2
    • Reduced levels on ninjas to make them easier
    Fine if it's intentional, but just so we're clear here, you know they still have poison weapon, right?
    @Pantalion

I kept it in. I'm not sure if I added it on purpose or not but I felt it wasn't as problematic as grandmastery or the unreasonably high levels.
    Pantalion
    edited January 2018
    All good, just making sure since you said it was unintentional.

Edit: While I think of it, the sale price on the Burst Orb things is 2500 GP. Kind of excessive considering you get them free over time.
    @Pantalion

Burst Orbs should not be sellable. I will fix that.
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Its not so much a bug, as a mod conflict, but using the latest version of Aura and latest bg1 npc project
    instead of Jaheira telling the Zeke her outrage about selling a petrification scroll for Branwen, something like "you mean to tell me you have a scroll which can free her?", instead she says something like "Aura: detecting traps and illusions - trying to use the same string?
    @fluke13

This is familiar but I’m pretty sure it’s not a mod bug. Sometimes for some reason if you’re in a dialogue while a thief is detecting traps it randomly overrides the text with the detect message. Try it again with AI disabled and no thieves detecting traps.
    fluke13ThacoBell
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Will do, cheers
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

@fluke13

This is familiar but I’m pretty sure it’s not a mod bug. Sometimes for some reason if you’re in a dialogue while a thief is detecting traps it randomly overrides the text with the detect message. Try it again with AI disabled and no thieves detecting traps.

The dialogue likely fired, its just scrolled offscreen by the detect traps line. I get it quite often.
    Pantalion
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    Hi, 1st congratulations for the mod, I thought first that maybe she has some too powerful equipment for a level 1, and indeed she has, even Ian in bg2 can't identify 3 items / rest period if I remember correctly, but anyway she knows how to become essential very quickly...

Just a note about the bow she is improving, the 1st item she proposes to improve and she transforms it to a sniper bow actually with its longer range. Very impressive and all, but the problem is that in the normal game with the default ai, enemies don't know how to handle this kind of threat. I tested it at the entrance of the mines, where you are greeted by quite a powerful party. Only 1 of them fought back because he had a ranged weapon, but since it was a lot less dangerous than this one, it was useless. 2 walked away but not very far, and then I just had to shoot them from afar and they didn't move ! And same thing for the rest : they didn't move at all ! So it was some kind of execution here, it's totally unfair at this level !
    I disposed of the whole party with Kivan alone, I just sent a fireball from a wand 1st and then finished everyone with this bow. I'd say there is something wrong here...

Or maybe I should install some scs part to improve at least the enemies ai ?
    @zelurker

Ehh... I forgot that without SCS enemies are too stupid to move from offscreen damage. I can decrease the range on the bow so that you can see, but not attack, from the bonus range. With SCS, the bow's effect lets you get off a cheap shot or two but not kill your target without them even seeing you.
    Raduziel