Skip to content

Testing Multiplayer in 2.5

2»

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416

2) Steam Cloud Saves (but there's currently no option for it in IWD:EE - still worth to check the baldur.lua file and set it to 0)

The option's under Gameplay, near the bottom.

Also, we had it crashing a lot on Tuesdays, but only during setup. Once we were actually into the game, all ran well.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thels said:

2) Steam Cloud Saves (but there's currently no option for it in IWD:EE - still worth to check the baldur.lua file and set it to 0)

The option's under Gameplay, near the bottom.

Also, we had it crashing a lot on Tuesdays, but only during setup. Once we were actually into the game, all ran well.
    Then it must have entered in along with achievements (it hasn't been there at the start of the beta, https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34064 ).

So, everyone crashing, try to disable the cloud saves in IWD:EE as well to see if it helps.

If you encounter anything, add to https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34098

Also, please, report EVERY crash at Redmine, attaching the crash dump, the dxdiag file, the exe, the pdb file (only for those who play on the client) + possibly the screenshots from the cmd.exe - the developers will be ready to look at crashes, as this is exactly the purpose of this patch (offering stability).
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Hello. I am online now if anyone wanna hook up and test some MP. I have all games, BG1, 2 and IWD. Iäve even found my mic to my headset and are in a channel in the discord chat if anyone dare to listen to this magpie's screeching voice (there's a reason why magpies have to steal and sirens just get stuff given to them).
    JuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    We need to restart this... But it is soooo bug ridden on IWD, your not really playing plus I'm so loving NWN... As soon as we get an update we will get back on it.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Anduin Your ticket has been closed - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34312#change-206869 due to 30 or more days of inactivity (you haven't responded to questions of the QA). Please, reopen the ticket with additional information.
    Anduin
    Eek! What question!
    How do I reopen. I did have bitdefender running.
    JuliusBorisov
    I didn't read it as a question. Now I do.
    JuliusBorisov
    You'll have to file it as a new ticket. Refer to the previous report (so that they could see you're replying to questions).
    Anduin
    edited January 2018
    Anduin said:

How do I reopen. I did have bitdefender running.

It may mean we are finally onto something about stability of MP during the 2.5 beta. It may also explain why certain users do experience those frequent crashes and other problems during MP in 2.5, and why other users don't.

It looks like the same reasons people can't find their Steam saves and/or can't save may affect it:

1) https://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000322872-Windows-10-Save-games-aren-t-saving - Windows blocking changes in the BG/IWD folder in Documents
    2) https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67855/no-saved-games-please-help Antivirus blocking changes in the BG/IWD folder in Documents

And of course, if it affects at least one participant of the MP game, crashes will plague the whole group.
    SkatanAnduin
    Another update

The connectivity problem in 2.5, if compared to 2.3, has been experienced by a few of users (including those who filled in the survey), but it's a bit hard to undestand what is causing it.

If anyone has any new clues or patterns why that happens, please, update your tickets and/or create new ones.
    I should try playing more. Moving kinda got in the way of things. However, are there any new beta patch updates, or are we still supposed to test the version from December?
    JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Still v2.5.10 to test.
    JuliusBorisov
    Anyone wanna do some IWDEE testing on version 2.5.13.1 ? I wanna make sure multiplayer is stable now.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Thels said:

Anyone wanna do some IWDEE testing on version 2.5.13.1 ? I wanna make sure multiplayer is stable now.

I'll have some time thuis evening if you're available.
    JuliusBorisov
    Can't make tonight myself, I'm afraid.

Potentially Thursday evening, and Friday evening for sure.

I did play with @JuliusBorisov for about 45 minutes, and we logged like 8 issues among the both of us. We did have one combat during that against the wolf inside Apsel's house, and basically wiped!
    JuliusBorisov
    Yes, folks, please DO test Multiplayer. All the issues we logged yesterday which the team was able to repro are already in the internal tracker.
    edited March 2018
    I still blame you for wiping against that wolf, though! ;)

I'm up for betatesting Thursday and Friday from about 19:00 to about 23:00 GMT+1.
    JuliusBorisov
    Anyone up for some testing during the next four hours?
    JuliusBorisov
    Starting another game in a little bit, together with DoubleDimas. If anyone else feels like joining, poke us on the Discord server!

Everyone, here's the link to the Discord (an informal channel started by @Buttercheese and working as a hub for everything non-NWN:EE): https://discord.gg/aVnj5Ay

JuliusBorisov
  • TigereyeTigereye Member Posts: 1
    Here's a multiplayer bug that exists. When you import a character into a multiplayer session when the Import Character Rules under Game Options have been set to "Statistics" (the 3rd option), your character's 6 stats are completely randomized, instead of retaining their proper values. This irks me to no end.

Though I haven't started a new game in this 2.5 beta, I also have a saved game file where I was experiencing NPCs being duplicated upon reloading a game, with ever increasing copies being generated with each successive load of the said game. Though I can't find the original post, it's been suspected that this bug can be triggered when NPCs begin to panic (have a yellow circle under them) and when they flee into a part of the map that requires a screen transition, such as taking a set of stairs or entering/exiting a house. With some personal testing, the bug (the paniced NPCs that got duplicated) don't appear when I copy the multiplayer saved game file into the single player folder, then loading the save under Single Player.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    Those two items are reported as below
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/23872 fixed in build 2.5.12.6
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/23342 fixed in build 2.5.9.0

The second has a link to a thread that may be the one you refer to. The fix would be for new games only so please don't feedback on bug status for that one when using older games as symptoms are likely to persist.

If you want a multiplayer save tidied up please attach a save and advise which creatures are affected. Couple of caveats.
    1 The more badly affected a game is, the longer it takes to tidy-up
    2 It is indiscriminate. i.e. removing pheasants will remove all pheasants in all areas you have visited. That's more of an issue if you need duplicated people removed but still require one of them for plot continuity.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]