Skip to content

Still No Firebead Elvenhair Joinable NPC Mod?

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
Guys, I've been gone from the forum for two years and there is still no mod making Firebead Elvenhair, aka The Greatest NPC Ever, a joinable party member? I'm so disappointed.

Come on modders, you have time to do stuff like fix bugs and make ease-of-use modifications but not something this important? Entirely useless, the lot o' ya!

So hard to find decent folk nowadays
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Ctrl-Q?
    :trollface:
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyessarevok57
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    CTRL+Q on the guy and he'll be in your party.
    Unless you write a good story why the Greatest NPC mage ever should join a bhaalspawn just leaving Candlekeep - maybe he wants to keep you near to run errands for him?
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    You mean, since Boo NPC didn't work out?
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    What have you been doing 2 years away from the forum and why haven't you created that mod yet? ;)
    booinyoureyesO_Bruce
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

What have you been doing 2 years away from the forum and why haven't you created that mod yet? ;)

I have been busy. Also, I have no skills with the computer.
    JuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Someone should check out the fantastic mod tutorials found in the Wild Surge (www.wildsurge.ca) magazine.

5 parts (starting in the second issue) on how to put your own NPC character into the game to venture with, banter with and even romance.

Time to work on those skills!

shameless plug over.
    JuliusBorisovContemplative_HamsterbooinyoureyesO_Bruce
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Guys, I've been gone from the forum for two years and there is still no mod making Firebead Elvenhair, aka The Greatest NPC Ever, a joinable party member? I'm so disappointed.

Come on modders, you have time to do stuff like fix bugs and make ease-of-use modifications but not something this important? Entirely useless, the lot o' ya!

i love how you've been gone for 2 years and i've been coming on to the forum virtually every day since inception and you still have 2000 more posts than me hahaha
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
    sarevok57 said:

i love how you've been gone for 2 years and i've been coming on to the forum virtually every day since inception and you still have 2000 more posts than me hahaha
    You'll catch me soon! Especially if you make a Firebead Elvenhair NPC mod ;)
    Balrog99
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hahahahaha, in theory i could...... but i use NI and the only problem with NI is that the dialogue conversation thingy is kind of a pain in the butt ( it took me 12 hours to figure out how to make Conlan make an extra suit of armor without messing up the rest of his dialogue lines, oi that was a brutal day )

plus Firebead is level 11, which is above the BG1 level cap
    booinyoureyes
    sarevok57 said:

hahahahaha, in theory i could...... but i use NI and the only problem with NI is that the dialogue conversation thingy is kind of a pain in the butt ( it took me 12 hours to figure out how to make Conlan make an extra suit of armor without messing up the rest of his dialogue lines, oi that was a brutal day )

plus Firebead is level 11, which is above the BG1 level cap

I always dreamed of him as a BG2 NPC more than a BG1 NPC. I imagine he heard of your exploits and now wants to spend his retirement making sure you're okay for his old friend Gorion.
    sarevok57