Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Mantis37 RIP
    Mantis37Arctodus

Journal of Storak Swiftaxe

We are doing nicely after defeating the crusaders in the basement and outside the castle.

Now I need to find a way inside. Easier said than done. :(
    ArctodusStummvonBordwehrEnuhalJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wise_Grimwald: Tell us about your trip when you have time!
    StummvonBordwehrSerg_BlackStriderArctodusJuliusBorisov
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @Pantalion is all of the stuff you wrote mod head-aches? I don't recognize the issues you wrote about mostly. Sometimes less is more.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

@Pantalion is all of the stuff you wrote mod head-aches? I don't recognize the issues you wrote about mostly. Sometimes less is more.

Yeah, I think if there was a single overarching title for all of the no-reload stuff I've done, it would be "Mod related headaches".

In the Oversight HQ, mid battle, Taryn spontaneously died.

I have no idea how, what caused it, and reloading and going through the combats again floor by floor I couldn't replicate the event (in fact I wiped the place easily, and discovered that killing the lower floors doesn't turn the upper floors hostile, which is handy).

He had a fresh set of stoneskins, he was over half health, and the log showed no incoming damage coming his way when he died. He was surrounded by a bunch of webbed Oversight guys and Jones the boss guy, who doesn't have anything like an instant kill weapon.

Since a death is a death, I suppose it's time to restart, probably after uninstalling everything and maybe installing the BG trilogy thing and that trilogy mod thing. I'm sure that won't be headache inducing.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    @Pantalion Hold on a sec - other no-reloaders have also ran into the mysterious death thing too, and our investigations indicate it's some sort of bug in the EE engine. If this is the same bug, then you would allowed to reload and continue your run.
    semiticgoddessArctodusStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov

@Pantalion Hold on a sec - other no-reloaders have also ran into the mysterious death thing too, and our investigations indicate it's some sort of bug in the EE engine. If this is the same bug, then you would allowed to reload and continue your run.

Eh? I thought there was just the Durlag's fireball level bug? Certainly had that several times in my runs.
    Wise_Grimwald
    On the BioWare boards, we had a number of EE runs mysteriously end, yet there was no way they could have died (e.g., they had death ward, fire protection etc.). It happened enough times we concluded it's a just a bug in EE - you can mysterious die when you shouldn't. You are always allowed to reload on a bug, if you wish.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Pantalion: Did Taryn's portrait go black? If not, I don't know what caused the death, but if it did, it's definitely a bug.
    ArctodusGrond0EnuhalJuliusBorisov

@Pantalion: Did Taryn's portrait go black? If not, I don't know what caused the death, but if it did, it's definitely a bug.

Good to know, I'll check next time through.

Okay, so my newest playthrough makes use of the BWS tool, with a hazy at best idea of what mods it's actually included beyond Aura and Shadow Magic tacked on the end after hitting buttons at random trying to make it work.

Not five minutes in and already things just done got weird.

Oh, right.

After importing and exporting Raphael and starting over, I'm fairly sure he's a Druid/Luckrider/Darkcloak/Mistwalker of Leira, with a few extra innate abilities removed and a Katana/Dagger proficiency combination from loosened cleric proficiencies.

Also, check out this elven model replacement thing. The elven fights with leather? Actually have snazzy cloaks and trousers. Pretty awesome, eh, eh?

Free exp and reputation, and I'm not even out of Candlekeep. Apparently there's a zombie apocalypse I missed though.
    Grond0JuliusBorisovArctoduslolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes, it's a (rather) severe bug, https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/32843 , which will hopefully be fixed in the 2.5 patch. After so many years.
    lolien
    edited February 2018
    Pantalion said:

Yeah, I think if there was a single overarching title for all of the no-reload stuff I've done, it would be "Mod related headaches".

In the Oversight HQ, mid battle, Taryn spontaneously died.

I have no idea how, what caused it, and reloading and going through the combats again floor by floor I couldn't replicate the event (in fact I wiped the place easily, and discovered that killing the lower floors doesn't turn the upper floors hostile, which is handy).

He had a fresh set of stoneskins, he was over half health, and the log showed no incoming damage coming his way when he died. He was surrounded by a bunch of webbed Oversight guys and Jones the boss guy, who doesn't have anything like an instant kill weapon.

Since a death is a death, I suppose it's time to restart, probably after uninstalling everything and maybe installing the BG trilogy thing and that trilogy mod thing. I'm sure that won't be headache inducing.
    There are invisible enemies in there. Similar to those at the bottom of Durlag's Tower. The name is Ashikuru or something like that and there are the improved versions of them as well!!

There is one room in that dungeon that I now avoid as there is a strong possibility of party members dying with virtually no reward if you are successful.

Nevertheless, the loot down there is mind-blowing. So many suits of full plate and so many +1 swords!!

Make sure that you get full price for those items by not selling any of them beforehand.
    StummvonBordwehrPantalionJuliusBorisovlolien