Skip to content

"emotional-support hamster" -- this is a real thing.

Not just Minsc anymore.

You can put "emotional-support hamster" in a web search. There's some news story about it.

But welp it's a real thing now. All that's left is to breed them really big then breed the big breed back really small.
tbone1ThacoBellbooinyoureyesProontJuliusBorisov

Comments

• QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957

Not just Minsc anymore.

You can put "emotional-support hamster" in a web search. There's some news story about it.

But welp it's a real thing now. All that's left is to breed them really big then breed the big breed back really small.

But we also have to send them into space when really big. And then breed them small, and then bring them back to Earth.
    booinyoureyesProont
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    What do you think Falcon Heavy is doing at this very moment?
    booinyoureyesProont
  • Not just Minsc anymore.

*presses arched fingertips together in front of face in a manner that should be a criminal offence*

Yesss. Commence Phase Two of the Master Plan. @booinyoureyes , Sir, we are on schedule. My steed and his ilk will never know what hit them. Well, my steed in particular doesn't percieve much these days after the accident.
    booinyoureyesProont
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited February 2018

Not just Minsc anymore.

*presses arched fingertips together in front of face in a manner that should be a criminal offence*

Yesss. Commence Phase Two of the Master Plan. @booinyoureyes , Sir, we are on schedule. My steed and his ilk will never know what hit them. Well, my steed in particular doesn't percieve much these days after the accident.
    We strike at midnight, while they sleep

Proont
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I think you could technically register any pet as an emotional support animal.
    Proont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    It seems like you could have simply let the airline authorities hold onto the hamster while you boarded your flight, then made a call to a friend or somebody who could take the hamster. Have a friend bring it to its owner, or give the hamster to whoever happens to want it.

And if you did have to kill it for some reason, wringing its neck would be a much less painful death than drowning it.
    booinyoureyesAerakarProont
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    I need an emotional-support anaconda.
    Balrog99ProontbooinyoureyesThacoBell
    Dev6 said:

I hear Boa Constrictors give better hugs.
    Balrog99Dev6Proont

Dev6 said:

I hear Boa Constrictors give better hugs.
    Yeah but Anacondas are cuter.

Look at that dumbass face. :p
    booinyoureyesBalrog99ThacoBellProont
    I never thought I'd find a snake to be cute, but here I am.
    Dev6Balrog99Proont
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited February 2018

I never thought I'd find a snake to be cute, but here I am.

I'm SURE that snakes find hamsters cute though... ;)

Dev6booinyoureyesProont
    I should try and register an emotional support jumping spider.

Balrog99Dev6semiticgoddessProont
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    ThacoBell said:

I should try and register an emotional support jumping spider.

Isn't that @semiticgod ?
    semiticgoddessThacoBell
    All hail the smartest, most adorable, and most badarse arachnid!
    Balrog99Proont
  • It seems like you could have simply let the airline authorities hold onto the hamster while you boarded your flight, then made a call to a friend or somebody who could take the hamster. Have a friend bring it to its owner, or give the hamster to whoever happens to want it.

And if you did have to kill it for some reason, wringing its neck would be a much less painful death than drowning it.

Ah for the news story of the woman who flushed her "emotional support hamster" down the airplane toilet, that was extremely cruel.

Now a regular toilet with a sewer, I've seen videos of how a rat can traverse and crawl up and there's a even a brief air bubble in the toilet path. I don't know if a hamster could, especially a domestic pet. Low flow toilets clog on anything though too.

Airplane toilets use basically no water and a vacuum suction. The waste goes down to essentially the storage like a portapotty or an outhouse. I once saw a news article of a man who fell in there and was trapped for days. He described it like the biblical version of hell. The hamster probably was alive swimming atop that. Airplane toilets also have some blue chemical that likely burns any living tissue it touches.

That's why I didn't link to the article.

But I like the idea of an emotional support hamster.

Also people bred rabbits slightly big. Maybe they breed hamsters at least the size of dogs.

semiticgoddess

Maybe they breed hamsters at least the size of dogs.

We kinda already have those and they're adorable.
    ThacoBellProontBalrog99