Skip to content

[MOD] PS:T Unfinished Business - Reloaded

Comments

• lujolujo Member Posts: 236
    Whoah!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @argent77
    Awesome!
    Now that the mod has its first stable version, I will work on the Italian translation - it definitely needs a major overhaul!
    argent77rede9JuliusBorisov
  • lujolujo Member Posts: 236
    edited January 2018
    Aedan said:

@argent77
    Awesome!
    Now that the mod has its first stable version, I will work on the Italian translation - it definitely needs a major overhaul!

Speaking of that, I've edited Sheryl's dialogue. It was cut too early in the production, and my edits significantly improved things, so if Beamdog don't edit them in, UB probably should.

64716- "*baron*" should be "*guvner*".
    64718 - should be: "She looks about nervously and then leans in close to whisper to you. "Pharod sends his collectors into the catacombs to rob the dead of any treasure they may have. He gets a pretty hefty share of anything they find..." She straightens up and pauses."
    64732 - should be: "Southeast of here is a place they call the Weeping Stone Catacombs. A lot of the collectors, like my father, go there and..." She looks embarrassed. "Well, they loot the crypts. One time there my father found some record or something that spoke of crypts that could only be entered through portals..." She pauses.
    64734 - should be: "My father thought that those crypts must be for special people... The rich, or nobles, or... who knows. Why else would they put them behind portals? In any case, the crypts are also a trap for would be thieves..."
    64736 - should be: ""Father said that you could only reach the crypts by a portal. But healso said that the only way out is by a different portal! So even if someone found the key for the entrance, they'd be trapped in there if they didn't also have the key for the exit...""
    64739 - should be: "She pauses and wrinkles her brow. "I don't know for sure, but he may well be. He was very excited about what he could find in such a crypt. He was searching for the portal keys.""
    64741 - should be: "He might have. He said he was going to see a witch named Ulthera, here in the village. He wanted to ask her if she could *divine* what the entry and exit keys were for one of the portals..."
    64743 - should be: She sighs. "I don't know. I'm concerned that this Ulthera did divine the entry key... and then told him the wrong exit key. She could take his money and never worry about him coming back for a refund. She could sit back, wait for him to die, and then investigate the crypt herself. Everyone here is a grave robber."
    64745 - should be: "She gives you an embarrassed look and turns away. "Well... yes. I'm afraid I was too furious about it and I angered her. She will no longer speak to me." She gives you a hopeful look. "Will you seek her out and find out what happened to my father?""
    64751 - should be: "She visibly relaxes and smiles at you. "Thank you so much, I can't begin to tell you what this means to me... Ulthera can be found wandering about the village. She has no permanent residence that I know of. Please find her and ask her about my father."
    64764 - should be: "You see Sheryl. She is pacing back and forth with a worried look on her face. She smiles at your approach and speaks to you anxiously. "Hello again, cutter. Any luck finding my father yet?"

I took the string refferences from the original game files, so if they don't match the ones in the EE I can look those up, too. From what I see they seem to have the same strref's.

EDIT: Sorry and:

64693 - Should be: "You mentioned the catacombs. What can you tell me about them?"
    64775 - should be: ""Well, there are the undead. Zombies and skeletons, mostly. There are some vicious horned lizards, too. Oh, and flying heads. Those you should watch out for."

I'm not sure Ulthera's dialogue needs cleanup, but Sherryl really did. She was refering to the village as the town, there were typos in it, setting specific details were wrong, senetnce structure looked placehodery occasionally, and some of it was just bad. I didn't even tweak it as much as I'd like, just the worst of it.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited January 2018
    Aedan said:

@argent77
    Awesome!

Need a hand? I'm currently out of task and I played the vanilla version of the mod.

• ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 35
    Is it possible that somebody will make similar enhancements for PS:T-Tweaks EE in a near future ? It would be great, if you want my opinion…
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431

Is it possible that somebody will make similar enhancements for PS:T-Tweaks EE in a near future ? It would be great, if you want my opinion…

I think Tweaks Anthology would be a better option to fill that role, since PST:EE is more or less based on the same engine as BGEE/IWDEE. That mod contains already many tweaks that are compatible with PST:EE. There are also other mods that cover some of PS:T-Tweak's options (e.g Banter Accelerator or Save Nordom!).
    I understand, but there are some tweaks specially made for PST-Tweaks that aren’t covered by Tweaks Anthology until now, so it would be a good thing, at my opinion, to put an eye on these components in order to integrate in a possible EE version
    Not all PST Tweaks can be ported, as some of them were only possible by hacking the PST game executable. The remaining options that can be ported to PST:EE could be added to Tweaks Anthology.
    good news indeed
    Having personally given new ideas for PSTEE_UB Reloaded, well is it possible to create now a new version of this mod with usable components of PST_Tweaks ? And will it take some time in order to integrate these ones if somebody have the time and skill for implement and release a new version of PSTEE_UB ? Well Argent77, the ball is in your court now…
  • FluentFluent Member Posts: 74
    Can this be added to a late-game save file and played through, or does it require a new game started? If it requires a new game start, does it have content spread throughout the entire game?
    well said
    @ProfErrata PST-Tweaks and PST-UB have different goals. As I mentioned before, tweaks should go into dedicated tweak mods, such as Tweaks Anthology. PST-UB Reloaded is following the spirit of Qwinn's original PST-UB and focuses on restoring cut or removed content only.

Fluent said:

Can this be added to a late-game save file and played through, or does it require a new game started? If it requires a new game start, does it have content spread throughout the entire game?

It depends. Some components can be installed at any time while other components require that you haven't visited certain maps or done specific quests yet. To be on the safe side you should start a new game or, at the very least, haven't left the Mortuary yet.

The restored content is literally spread over the whole game. It starts with the very first conversation with Morte and ends with the final encounter of the game. The mod's Readme should give you a general idea when the content from a component will take place.
    Aedan
  • CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37
    Congrats on 1.0 release, finally I can dive into the game.
  • Nihil_ThornNihil_Thorn Member Posts: 1
    i created an account just to say thanks, argent77!
    rede9AedanMiraStastnyQueegon
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited February 2018
    Are you going to contact Avellone thereby he approves the texts?
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited February 2018
    This is fantastic news on so many levels! Thanks for great work, trying out this ASAP. :-D
    One question though, @argent77 : do you know if it possible in any way to install this also on a tablet - have you tested that?
    Post edited by fkirenicus on

This is fantastic news on so many levels! Thanks for great work, trying out this ASAP. :-D
    One question though, @argent77 : do you know if it possible in any way to install this also on a tablet - have you tested that?

I'd like to know myself. The mod is modifying dialogs and scripts for the most parts, so I'm fairly certain it can be installed on a mobile device without problems.
    I'll see what I can find out, @argent77 . I can't install it as such on a tablet I suspect, but if I can copy the override folder from the PC installation to the tablet that should do the trick (unless your mod puts files other places too?). Will test this evening.
    The component "Restored Party Comments and Banters" installs new soundtracks into the "Music" folder of the game. More specifically, it adds the folders "Smo2" and "Char_11" as well as the files "Smo2.mus" and "Char_11.mus", and updates "songlist.txt".
    fkirenicus
    edited February 2018
    This is somewhat strange. As far as I can remember the UB includes some new (or restored) dialog lines for Morte in the beginning, right? I don't get those. Also, I notice in your readme that version 3.1.4 and earlier has issues regarding the Modron maze. I a GOG version that is in fact v. 3.0.3 - I must reinstall the latest version 3.1.3 and try again after that. That still seems to be a version behind those that have purchased the game from Beamdog, if you guys are at 3.1.4 ... or maybe even beyond that? My tablet says game version 3.1.3 (that directly from Beamdog, I guess... Google Play Store).
    This will take some time to sort out, as I need to reinstall the game on PC and try again. For now I guess I can confirm that it doesn't work on PC in version 3.0.3, at any rate....
    Also, if I use Generalized Biffing as recommended, what does that do actually? I'm asking since I probably must copy that folder to the tablet as well, if it impacts the way the game operates. Finally, should I go for option 0 or 1 for GenBiff?
    edited February 2018

This is somewhat strange. As far as I can remember the UB includes some new (or restored) dialog lines for Morte in the beginning, right? I don't get those.

"Restored More Morte Mortuary Moments" has been slightly changed compared to original PST-UB. It provides two options - install "Everything" or "Comments only". The mod's Readme explains the change in more detail. The "Install all components" option of the mod will only include the Comments part.

The Modron Maze bug is actually an issue for all PSTEE mods. In a nutshell, files that have to be included in savegames to keep their current state (e.g. stores or areas) will be reset if the same resources can also be found in the override folder of the game. Moving the files into biff archives (i.e. installing Generalized Biffing) works around this bug. I don't know if this issue applies to the mobile versions of the game as well, since mods are handled differently on these platforms.

Btw, PSTEE version 3.1.4 is currently Steam-only and just provides Czech language translation. The mod should work fine on all available patch versions of the game.
    edited February 2018
    OK - that explains quite a lot. :-) Reinstalled to version 3.1.3 now, and applied the mod without the "install all components" option (i.e. I manually installed each component). Worked fine on PC (used the Morte starting dialog to test/"verify"), and then copied over to the tablet - where it also appears to work fine. :-)
    I haven't GenBiffed anything now, so hopefully Beamdog fixes that Modron maze reset bug eventually. For now I'll let it be, and explore some other mods as well, since I'm on a roll anyway. :-) I guess GenBiff can be installed when/if I need it - or do I have to start a new game when I install it, do you know?
    Post edited by fkirenicus on
    Your mod for showing hidden game options does NOT seem to work on the tablet though... installed it on PC (where it works fine) and copied the override and lang folders over to the tablet, but there the hidden options only show as "Invalid" + something which probably is a strref.
    edited February 2018

Your mod for showing hidden game options does NOT seem to work on the tablet though... installed it on PC (where it works fine) and copied the override and lang folders over to the tablet, but there the hidden options only show as "Invalid" + something which probably is a strref.

Let's discuss this in the right topic.
    fkirenicus
  • LanfirusLanfirus Member Posts: 1
    Can smb check whether it's game( UB?) bug, my local glitch or normal thing? In Inner Curst there is a chest near warehouse with almost 12 thousands Silver Rings...

edited February 2018
    That appears to be an original game bug. However, it has no effect in the game unless you installed a mod that makes Silver Rings stackable (e.g. by Tweaks Anthology or a similar mod).
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I was just about to say: not seeing this on an unmodded new game. There are 3 separate silver rings in it.