Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited February 2018
    @Pantalion You said: "Seriously though, always amusing how CHARNAME manages to sail a boat completely on their own with zero trouble, while the "competent mercantile crew" manages to sink themselves."

CHARNAME would presumably have awaited good weather before departing.

You said: "Apparently just letting the first lass talk to you teleports you to the bottom floor, bypassing the entire dungeon.

That's way more convenient, so sort of wishing I knew this before. There was still plenty of time to move some distance from the non-talky bosses' to stop them from getting involved too early."

I actually find it more convenient to take out the Section on the way down. You get SO much loot. If you sell all that full plate armour to the dwarf at the south side of Beregost, you get such a large ammount of gold that you can actually afford to buy some of his stock.

What's more, you pick up considerable experience.

Of course you don't HAVE to fight them at all as there are so many potions of invisibility available, you can just pass through most of them. I would rather kill everything so that your potion case is bursting at the seams.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    PantalionGrond0StummvonBordwehrlolien
    edited February 2018
    Pantalion said: Wise_Grimwald said:I actually find it more convenient to take out the Section on the way down. You get SO much loot. If you sell all that full plate armour to the dwarf at the south side of Beregost, you get such a large ammount of gold that you can actually afford to buy some of his stock.

Yeah, the whole thing is such a Monty Haul I'd probably be up to six digits of gold at this point, but unless there's something in the Drizzt Saga that needs that much. There's not much left worth buying except for the 200 charge wands in the Friendly Arm store, and I'm inclined to suspect there's enough charges left in the dozen wands of fire that I already have to handle most of SoD.

In my current game I have just sold all that loot.: well, nearly all, and have bought wands so that both of my mages have a 200 charge wand for every type that is available, (Except for wand of polymorphing which has ONLY 100 charges) and my clerics have 200 charge wands of the heavens. I am now poor again, but that's OK as I can get more gold/loot in Durlag's.

There isn't a lot to buy in Drizzt Saga that is better than that which you already have. You should by now have all the arrows that you could ever use and every type of container.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited February 2018
    Gate70 said:The half-orc horde also continue with a brief foray through Cloakwood.
    A rest inside the cave proves to be an error of judgement, another wyvern appearing and attacking our Fighter / Cleric but switching... to the assassin. Cue a long trek to a temple.

If you are strong enough, that is a good place to farm some experience. If you are not it is indeed a long trek to the nearest temple. :( I have found that on average I have to survive three attacks whilst sleeping before getting a good night's rest. That can be either good or bad.
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    Gratz semiticgod, I know the feeling mate... perhaps a break will recharge the battery
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    Well, I already congratulated you in the LoB/SCS solo-thread, but there's no reason not do do it twice, given the difficulty of the achievement!

I'm not new to taking a break from the game (often, these breaks have lasted for about a year, sometimes they were shorter) - however, after a couple of months, I always find myself wanting to return with a fresh sense of purpose and a new approach, so I hope the same thing will happen for you :)
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Congratulations, semiticgod! Hope to continue seeing you around, even if you do need to take a break for a time
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Pantalion: That's the dragon's lair. She lives there.

Say hello to her sister for us!
    Wise_GrimwaldRaduzielJuliusBorisovlolien