Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Welcome to the challenge, @toolarg! Good luck!
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @semiticgod Congrats.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovlolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    toolarg said:

H-He-Here I go! this will end well for sure!. I figured if Dorn can do it, why not me, I'm the master of this little universe after all. Saving Throws are great but I tried to keep it real in terms of stats, a martial halfling that prefers melee (or at least he will from level 3 onward)

Will update when I'm inevitably killed by a skeleton dart or some such.
    @toolarg I have a mod with an Undead Hunter component that you might find interesting:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65700/kit-pack-i-hate-undead-iwd-eet-bgee-bg2ee/p1
    toolargWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Im using it, though I deleted the Holy Sword ability, the Turn Undead buff was enough for me :smile:
    RaduzielJuliusBorisovlolien
    toolarg said:

Im using it, though I deleted the Holy Sword ability, the Turn Undead buff was enough for me :smile:

Just for the record: the holy sword is TSR's idea, not mine. Every single feature was taken from The Complete Paladin's Handbook.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited February 2018
    I can't play NWN campaign because of Artificial Stupidity and lack of inventory management for henchmen.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    edited February 2018
    Back then there was a mod that let you manage the inventory of henchmen and worked flawlessly and according to the pitch EE should be compatible with old mods so it should work I guess.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Raduziel said:

I can't play NWN campaign because of Artificial Stupidity and lack of inventory management for henchmen.

Agreed all around.

But hey, I haven't done the damn thing in well over a decade so it is a bit novel.

I would pay good money for:

1) a decent campaign (where resting is a liability)

2) good AI
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    edited February 2018
    My friend @Vynn also finished a no-reload-run through IWD using HoF mode with a solo Druid years ago @semiticgod. But as he dont uses any communities his defeat of Big B was unrecorded - too bad. If i remember correctly he only reloaded against the final boss in Heart of Winter as well when trying to take down the Rakshasas in Trial of the Luremaster. Totemic Druid would be even more powerful as many opponents only use normal weapons. Thats one of the reasons why Monks can be big fun once they get their weapon immunity. Combined with Quivering Palm my solo Monk rocked IWD pretty hard - except for some parts of the Luremaster which were really painful... :D
    Post edited by Harpagornis on
    Grond0semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Perhaps this is the masochistic in me speaking but as someone who came from p&p I've always liked the idea of critical failures for saving throws. Is it possible to mod that in or is it an engine limitation?
    Aerakarlolien