Skip to content

[MOD] More Style for Mages (v1.56)

Comments

• PaulRyanPaulRyan Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone help me with an install problem? I've downloaded the 1.55 and am trying to install with the BWS or by itself, and I get an error saying that there is no translation provided.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Pecca said:

the NPC mage will not get HP boost and will not loose CON when familiar dies (I can add this but I hate the CON loss, so I probably won't)

Is it only the CON loss that could potentially be added, or als the HP boost? If the latter, it would still be awesome to have.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Apocrypha said:

Any clue how to edit the appearance of familiars in EEKeeper? I love what you've done with them, don't get me wrong! But I kind of miss the ferret.

@Nimran
    Nimran
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited February 2018
    @Apocrypha @booinyoureyes. If it is only the appearance that you want to change, open the familiar CRE file in EEKeeper, go to the appearance tab and change appearance to Groundhog (that is what is used for the ferret).

Gus

Edit: Just made the mod myself, it only changes the animation when on the ground, not the icon when place in backpack. If you want this changed as well, let me know and I can have a bash...
    booinyoureyes
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    Gusinda said:

@Apocrypha @booinyoureyes. If it is only the appearance that you want to change, open the familiar CRE file in EEKeeper, go to the appearance tab and change appearance to Groundhog (that is what is used for the ferret).

Gus

Edit: Just made the mod myself, it only changes the animation when on the ground, not the icon when place in backpack. If you want this changed as well, let me know and I can have a bash...

I would appreciate that, thank you!
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Apocrypha, there appears to be a couple of ways (not by EEKeeper though). I haven't used the Familiars component of this mod and don't have it installed but this is something you could try and give some feedback about.

1. Just had a quick look through the scripts for MSfM and you it is possible that you could just use the Groundhog as your familiar, and you probably end up with the Ferret familiar Icon and animation.

2. The other way involves using Near Infinity. The icon used for the familiar in your pack is allocated through the .dlg for the group of familiars used. In the game where MSfM is not installed, the familiar groups diaglog files are FAMIL1.DLG, FAMIL2.DLG, & FAMIL3.DLG, For games with the mod installed, they are RGFAM1.DLG, RGFAM2.DLG, & RGFAM3.DLG. Open one of these with Near Infinity until you find teh one you are looking for. This is done by selecting the Edit tab and find the actions at the bottom.

Look for the action that has in it line GiveItemCreate("RGFARAB",Player1,0,0,0) where RGFARAB is the familiar type (this is the rabbit...). If the game doesn't have MSfM installed, then RGFAxxx is FAMxxx. Select that action and replace RGFAxxx with RGFAHOG, update and save. You should now end up with the Groundhog/Ferret as the icon in your backpack.

Without testing properly, I am unsure what other actions are impacted by doing this, so just keep an eye out for anything strange when using the familiar...

Hope this helps
    Gus
    Raduziel
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    @Gus All this is very helpful, thank you! I'll definitely watch out for glitches with the familiar with this method :smile:
    Gusinda
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    @PaulRyan : Is it really v1.55? I see from the log, that there is an option to choose a russian translation, but v1.55 doesn't have it. Only older v1.43 has it. Perhaps BWS has somehow mixed that up or something, or if you had the older version installed, it didn't get uninstalled properly. You must uninstall it completely and then try to install v1.55.

@Thels : Both could be added, but if I didn't implement the disadvantage, I didn't want to implement the advantage alone.

Would there be any chance of seeing those in the future, perhaps as a separate component?
    @Thels not likely sorry. Not that I wouldn't want to add features, I just don't have much time for modding anymore, so I'm at least glad I pushed this mod to a somewhat complete state.
    Sorry to hear that. You made some quality mods!

What would your thoughts be on someone else building off your mod/tweaking it slightly? Would you support that, or do you prefer to keep the mod to yourself?

I'm personally not much of a modder, but perhaps there's someone willing to help me, either by doing it, or explaining to me how it's done?
    @Thels I can explain to you how to do it yourself in PM, that would be the easiest solution I think.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Anyone tried More Style for Mages for EET? It's not clear for me from previous posts if the mod working as intended on EET.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited June 2018
    I've installed it successfully on EET. Just note that the familiar changes won't work.

You need to install it on the EET portion of the install. Do NOT install anything on BG1 or it will error out when you start the EET install.
    Post edited by southfla79 on
    Raduziel
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2018
    As a Sorcerer, I've been using this mod with Shadow Magic, but it will not allow me to activate the staff. It simply says "I do not wish to activate the staff right now" at 250,000+ XP.

[EDIT] It was a mistake to simply not allow for these staves to be universally compatible with any mage or sorcerer class. Even after toying around with the Shadow Disciple in EE Keeper by changing it to "Base Class", upgrading the staff, and then reverting back to the kit, the staff cannot be used by the disciple.

Now I have to try to actually edit the quarterstaff variables in NearInfinity just to allow my Shadow Disciple to use it.
    Post edited by UOLegacy on
    @UOLegacy Hi, I do not plan any updates in near future. The class conditions were set to prevent unwanted behavior. The best thing for you to do is to browse NearInfinity for the staff you want to use, remove usability flag from it and than create it through console command.
    RaduzielUOLegacy
    I appreciate you getting back to me. Thank you.
  • markwaddellmarkwaddell Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for creating this mod! I installed it after visiting Thalantyr, unfortunately, but I was able to use the console to add the circlets. I can't seem to add the staves, however. C:CreateItem("wstaf01") just returns a message that no such item exists. Please let me know if there's a different code I should try.
    Mantis37
    @markwaddell Hi, that depends on the color of the staff. The code is rgwsg01-07 for staff with golden staff and rgwsh01-07 for silver staff. Numbers 1-7 represent color of gem.
    That worked, thanks! (Though for some reason the staff is named "I'm sorry, Neera. I didn't mean to lead you on." And that's all that I can see when I click the Attributes button. But it works and it looks good.)
    Do you have the game from Steam or Gog?
    Do you have SoD installed?

If so, you should have installed modmerge first:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1
    Grammarsalad
    I have modmerge.
  • KronoKenisisKronoKenisis Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2018
    Is this mod compatible with Spell Revisions? I have both installed, and it seems to work just fine with the small exception of Customizable Familiars - when trying to select some spells for them, it gives them access to an incorrect spell instead of the one selected. Others work as intended. I just want to have my familiar be able to cast "Friends" :neutral: but it keeps giving me "Monster Summoning 1"

I don't know for sure if Spell Revisions is causing this but it's the only mod other than SCS I have that modifies spells and when More Style for Mages is installed on its own it gives the correct spells. Any ideas for a workaround perhaps? Can I manually assign spells via NearInfinity or EEKeeper?
    Post edited by KronoKenisis on
    edited October 2018
    Pecca said:

@UOLegacy Hi, I do not plan any updates in near future. The class conditions were set to prevent unwanted behavior. The best thing for you to do is to browse NearInfinity for the staff you want to use, remove usability flag from it and than create it through console command.

Pecca - if you ever choose to update "More Styles for Mages" to take into account Artiemus's magnificent Shadow Magic and all of the other new magic mods (Tome and Blood and Chaos Sorcerer) it may be possible for you to reach Godhood. B)

Until then, you shall remain the ever present Demigod of our forums.
    KronoKenisis
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @Pecca. Hi! I upgraded my translation for version 1.55. Here!
    @Saigon1983 Hi, thanks. However, I noticed that there are differences between your file and latest english.tra above string 847. You seem to have based your translation on version 1.53.
    I noticed that on github I have latest version 1.55 uploaded in the rar file, but for some reason, within the source code zip file, there is still v1.53, so you must download the rar file. Not sure why that happened, I never got used to github much though.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    Pecca wrote: »
    @Saigon1983 Hi, thanks. However, I noticed that there are differences between your file and latest english.tra above string 847. You seem to have based your translation on version 1.53.
    I noticed that on github I have latest version 1.55 uploaded in the rar file, but for some reason, within the source code zip file, there is still v1.53, so you must download the rar file. Not sure why that happened, I never got used to github much though.

I've take look at you github repository and indeed you misused github entierly. Do you need help in order to avoid similar situations in the future?
    @ALIEN thanks for the offer, I suppose I do. It's probably a good thing to have all my mods stored on one platform and I noticed that github is becoming a community's favourite. But personally I find it really unintuitive.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited February 2019
    @Pecca

Great! You can find me at G3 Discord channel: https://discord.gg/yTzjMTb so we can go through this guide https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/29541-a-basic-modders-guide-to-git-and-github/?page=1 using real life example.
    Pecca wrote: »
    But personally I find it really unintuitive.
    Main reason of this is when somebody threat github.com as "upload files" website. It's not and the difference is significant, yet for a lite bit of a learning curve, you will get extra benefits like history of each changes which you made for each file, ability to receive fixes/translations from other people, no chance for uploading corrupted/partial files etc
    Post edited by ALIEN on
    RaduzielGrammarsaladlolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @ALIEN Any chance of recording a tutorial and uploading it to us?
    Gusinda