Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• Alpha115Alpha115 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2018
    So after installing this mod, I cant make a half orc swashbuckler or shadowdancer? is that normal or a bug? this is in BG:EE
    Post edited by Alpha115 on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • enderandrewenderandrew Member Posts: 23
    I'm trying to install this in BWS with a bunch of other mods, and it is failing, though I can install it in a minimal BWS/EET install without other mods. So there is a conflict with another mod, or a previous mod leaving a file in a bad state it would appear. In the SETUP-MIGHT_AND_GUILE.DEBUG file it says to email SubtleD with no email address listed. So I've uploaded it instead:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vLqK3nLcpI9YmvKR7hsjfpR2F0x0_tby
    edited March 2018
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't think its Ascension, I've been using it and M+G for months.
    edited March 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    I'd go for teal for the HLA's.
    I don't see a problem with doing it the way you are, if you don't have a graphics artist to create new icons for you.
    The icons you've chosen also make perfect sense to me. I'd go with the alt icon for body control.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    "don't belong to a discipline, maybe just gray" - voted yes
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

More philosophical question: should the psionics be spun off as a separate mod?

I would advocate that, yes. No offense, but while I think it's really cool to have psionics... I don't think that it goes along with the original goal of Might and Guile anymore.
  • HalcyonHalcyon Member Posts: 56
    Hmm, I could see the teal for meta-Science, if you could make Telekinesis darker. Otherwise, gray is adequate.

Poison Simulation, that's a devotion where the psion poisons a target?

Do the Psionic HLA still cost fatigue levels or have a 1/day limit, or was that dropped in other changes?

Hmmm, philosophically I could see separating them into 2 separate mods, throwing in the components for Psy-Fighter and Monk in the mix and possibly adding additional psionic themed components... But! It is a fully optional component anyway so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited March 2018
  • pblack476pblack476 Member Posts: 1
    Can I boost my stats with potions/items before selecting feats to get feat options i would normally do not have? ( Say I want shadow magic with a sniper at level 10 but do not have 15 INT)
  • TemarielTemariel Member Posts: 42
    Hi there,

I am currently experiencing an issue with dual-classing Imoen from a swashbuckler kit to a mage. Everything goes smoothly except my new mage is now unable to equip scrolls in quick item slots. The game is telling me this char 'cannot use item'. Furthermore, whilst Imoen is able to memorise spells, all spell scrolls appear red, as if to suggest she is not in fact a mage.

Note: I can still equip and use wands normally.

I am dual-classing at level 10. Even at swash lvl 10/mage lvl 11 the problem persists.

I am also using the Might and Guile mod, which does make changes to the swashbuckler class.

Early in Chapter One I used EE keeper to change Imoen from a mage/thief multi-class to a swashbuckler. I've also been tearing my hair out trying to use EE keeper to solve this problem, to no avail.

This appears to be a problem with this specific version of Imoen. Not only have I dual-classed another char along these lines perfectly, but I've also started a new game, recruited Imoen, and successfully dual-classed her from swashbuckler to mage with no problems at all (using CLUA givexp commands).

I am running a heavily modded game in general, using EET, SCS, and various tweak mods. I understand that any one of my mods could be causing this issue, but any help here would be much appreciated. I am doing a very specific RP run and this is game-breaking for me.

I am thinking that the simplest solution to this would be to use EE keeper to add some kind of flag to say that this char is allowed to use scrolls, but I have no idea how to do this.
    Thanks for getting back to me.

First of all, which .CRE file do I need to open? I'm in my BG2 override folder and there are at least 10 imoen-related .CRE files. If I use NI then there are more. Furthermore, I have opened all 'IMOEN' tagged .CRE with EE Keeper. None contain a permanent effect called d5_nscrl.

Here is a screenshot of imoen effects
    from the savegame file.
    edited March 2018
    ...in which case my question is how do I find that? I have looked in my savegame folder using NI and there is nothing. I have looked at the 'imoen' tagged .CRE files in override. What am I missing? As you can see I'm new to this.

Nevermind. I found it. Hang on.
    Ok. I went through the .CRE in NI. Again, there is no d5_nscrl - or at least not one readily apparent to me. SPECIFICS is set to -2, which as you can see refers to 'Allies'? Don't know what that means.

Ok it would seem updating the value to '0' as you said has fixed the problem. Thank you so much sir. You've really made my day. I shall go back to enjoying your mod now. However, I do wonder if changing this value will have any other unintended effects? Anything I should be aware of? What does it do?
    edited March 2018
    edited March 2018
    I don't see a message like that no. Here is a screenshot of both my CLABMA01.2da, or at least a part of it, and the console on creation (unkitted mage).

edited March 2018
    Subtledoctor. I went back to an earlier save just now and d5_nscrl does appear. It disappeared after I dual-classed to mage. Before that it was present.
    edited March 2018
    The version is Might_and_Guile-3.7.3-0-gde46245

Weidu log attached.

I figured kit effects had multiple or gone wrong somehow, which I think has to do with my use of EE keeper. As I said, I changed Imoen in Chapter One. As soon as she joined I rolled her back to lvl 0 and leveled her up as a swashbuckler. At the same time, I had one mod which changed her class to thief/mage multiclass and another that granted her a one-time innate ability to choose a kit on joining the group (lvl 1 npc mod?). I imagine these didn't interact well.

I spend a couple of days uninstalling and reinstalling all sorts of mods using BWS. I kept getting errors on install and had to uninstall and reinstall from scratch/back ups.
    @subtledoctor there is also a problem in my game with the bard jester song. It's area of effect is too large. Mobs off-screen and in fog are getting hit by it. Sometimes they then attack random npcs I cant see, which can bug quests if they are also quest npcs. Is there a way to shorten the range?