Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited May 2018
    @subtledoctor
    It seems that IWDEE misleadingly applies the EVASION SPELLSTATE to thieves at level 7 through their CLAB.
    It's entirely pointless - any Thief L7+ automatically qualifies for an evasion check.
    The fight against hard-coded mechanics continues.

I think I have a solution to require the EVASION SPELLSTATE for non-thieves:
    Opcode:318, target=2, parameter1=252(EVASION), parameter2=111(NOT SPELLSTATE), resource=(custom1), duration=1
    Opcode:177, target=2, parameter1=0(ANYONE), parameter2=2(EA), resource=(custom1), duration=0
    Opcode:324, target=2, parameter2=63(Evasion Check), resource=(this_spell), duration=1

(custom1).eff:
    Opcode 72, parameter1=4(THIEF), parameter2=3(CLASS), parent_resource(0x94)=(custom1)
    This will insure that only those with the spellstate have the EFF class change applied (and therefor quality for evasion). All spells can share the same EFF. The string in the EFF's "Parent_Resource" field is what actually matters and must match the opcode 318 resource, the name of the EFF file doesn't actually mean anything.
    It is possible to prevent actual thieves without the evasion ability from qualifying, using a similar setup:
    Opcode:318, target=2, parameter1=252(EVASION), parameter2=110(IS SPELLSTATE), resource=(custom2), duration=1
    Opcode:177, target=2, parameter1=0(ANYONE), parameter2=2(EA), resource=(custom2EFF), duration=0

(custom2).eff:
    Opcode 72, parameter1=0(NONE), parameter2=3(CLASS), parent_resource(0x94)=(custom2)
    So the whole thing would look like this on a given spell:
    Opcode:318, target=2, parameter1=252(EVASION), parameter2=111(NOT SPELLSTATE), resource=(custom1), duration=1
    Opcode:177, target=2, parameter1=0(ANYONE), parameter2=2(EA), resource=(custom1EFF), duration=0
    Opcode:318, target=2, parameter1=252(EVASION), parameter2=110(IS SPELLSTATE), resource=(custom2), duration=1
    Opcode:177, target=2, parameter1=0(ANYONE), parameter2=2(EA), resource=(custom2EFF), duration=0
    Opcode:324, target=2, parameter2=63(Evasion Check), resource=(this_spell), duration=1
    With these two EFF's shared among all spells:
    (custom1).eff:
    Opcode 72, parameter1=4(THIEF), parameter2=3(CLASS), parent_resource(0x94)=(custom1)
    (custom2).eff:
    Opcode 72, parameter1=0(NONE), parameter2=3(CLASS), parent_resource(0x94)=(custom2)

I was testing this in BGEE v2.5.15.1.
    Still don't think there is a way around the L7+ requirement, or any solutions for Magic Missile projectile.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2018
    kjeron said:

I think I have a solution to require the EVASION SPELLSTATE for non-thieves:

Opcode:177, target=2, parameter1=0(ANYONE), parameter2=2(EA), resource=(custom1), duration=0

(custom1).eff:
    This will insure that only those with the spellstate have the EFF class change applied (and therefor quality for evasion). All spells can share the same EFF. The string in the EFF's "Parent_Resource" field is what actually matters and must match the opcode 318 resource, the name of the EFF file doesn't actually mean anything.
    It is possible to prevent actual thieves without the evasion ability from qualifying, using a similar setup:

(custom2).eff:
    So the whole thing would look like this on a given spell:
    Opcode:177, target=2, parameter1=0(ANYONE), parameter2=2(EA), resource=(custom1EFF), duration=0
    With these two EFF's shared among all spells:
    (custom1).eff:
    (custom2).eff:

I was testing this in BGEE v2.5.15.1.
    Still don't think there is a way around the L7+ requirement, or any solutions for Magic Missile projectile.
    But this is needed ONLY IF I'm interested in wanting (let's say) that Clerics (i.e., a non-thief class) have Evasion as a kit ability, right? Otherwise it's sufficient to delete opcode 72 from all those spells, correct?

I'm asking because @subtledoctor told me that he added opcode 72 for this particular reason -> allowing non-thief classes to have Evasion as a kit ability (if one does want so.....)
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Hey @subtledoctor . Some time ago, you decided to give the standard Ranger from F&P access to feats as well. Has this been implemented yet? I'm pretty eager to give all the mods a go with the IWD 2.5 update.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

That's... crazy. I think if v2.3 was allowing all level 7+ thieves to evade spells, someone would hace noticed by now.

Could it be that the d5evade spell setting the spellstate is in clabth01.2da? I.e. does opcode 72 apply spells in kit ability tables, the way e.g. the AddKit action does?

No, opcode 72 bypasses any such mechanics, similar to the "ChangeStat()" action.

It still requires the spell to lead with an "Opcode 324:(Evasion Check)" effect, it's just that the evasion check itself does not require the spellstate (the IWDEE CLAB applying the Spellstate is meaningless). The likely reason it wasn't noticed is because nothing by default in BGEE/BG2EE actually uses the Evasion Check in opcode 324, only in IWDEE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited October 2018
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2018

So basically, for the moment, I'm going to forget this class change stuff and just make it a thief-only thing.

Remember to edit Scales of Balance as well by removing/commenting out the line which adds opcode 72 to those spells.....
    edited May 2018
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2018
    GawainBS said:

Hey @subtledoctor . Some time ago, you decided to give the standard Ranger from F&P access to feats as well. Has this been implemented yet? I'm pretty eager to give all the mods a go with the IWD 2.5 update.

Slight Bump?
    edited May 2018
    I understand completely. I didn't realise Psionics has its own mod nowadays.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor What classes will have access to it? I know its a thief feat, but will Bards be able to take evasion?
    edited May 2018
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

ThacoBell said:

@subtledoctor What classes will have access to it? I know its a thief feat, but will Bards be able to take evasion?

I forget. I think, off the top of my head:
    - thief
    - assassin
    - hunter
    - swashbuckler
    - herald
    - jinxer
    - blade
    - stalker
    Thank you!
    Hey @subtledoctor . I got an error installing M&G's Feat system on IWDEE 2.5. I installed the BGTweak mod, RR, Hidden Gameplay Options, Tome & Blood, Faiths & Powers and then M&G. Finally, I would install Scales of Balance. I've attached my M&G Debug.
    BG2_tweaks-V16. It's from the G3 fora.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    GawainBS said:

BG2_tweaks-V16. It's from the G3 fora.

An excellent mod. :)
    It is. I won't stand for 40 arrow-quivers no more. ;-)

@subtledoctor This setup worked for all my other EE installs, including IWD, if that helps.
    edited May 2018
    edited May 2018
    I'm using it via the Beamdog client. That's v2.5. GoG is notouriously late with patches. I'll upgrade to Tweaks Anthology then.
    Thanks! I tried M&G on a clean install on IWDEE 2.5 and that worked. Tonight I'm going to install the entire setup again.
    I did install the Tweaks "Unnerfed THAC0 table". I suspect that would be the culprit. Going to skip it to make sure.
    Installed this on IWDEE, with RR, Hidden Gameplay Options, T&B, F&P, M&G, Tweaks Anthology & SoB.

I made a Skald and he didn't get the option for the Bard Song for melee damage.
    Got it, thanks!