Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• rascalqueenrascalqueen Member Posts: 4
    Being able to swap monks from regular to enhanced punches is a neat idea, but I've noticed one problem - Ki Fist seems to 'wear off' after any sort of travel, meaning I either have to quickly cycle down to normal and back to Ki Fist, or pre-emptively swap to normal fists before traveling and then re-activate ki fists on arrival to my destination. Is this intended behavior?
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    Quickstride doesn't show up on my monk as an innate ability. This is even after I installed Might and Guile after Monastic Orders.
  • Kai05Kai05 Member Posts: 4
    Hi I was wondering if you could help me with something? I have found an ever so slight bug or incompatibility but one that is really annoying me. I love what you have done with most of the rogue kits and the little feats you can get with them but I always felt the assassin needs some love so I downloaded another mod "way of the assassin" and am really happy with that. unfortunately it doesn't learn feats but that is fine I can edit the abilities in using ee keeper but one of the feats I really like is "fighting dirty" and when I select it with the assassin it works fine and everything right until I level up and then the effect no longer works. is there anything you could do or advise me on how to fix this? Thanks in advance :)
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Hey @subtledoctor, the plain Marksman kit doesn't seem to be getting the thac0/damage bonus for ranged weapons.

I installed just the Marksman component on a clean IWD:EE v2.5 install (no Archer Revision or Feat System from this mod, and no other mods):
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #320 // Add the Marksman (fighter kit): 3.7.9
    To test it, I started a new game with one Marksman and one trueclass Fighter, and used the console to level up both to level 10, and let both equip a nonmagical shortbow...

...and according to the inventory and character record screen, both have exactly the same Thac0 and damage: screenshot 1, screenshot 2.

What's going on here?
  • ToerstToerst Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    Hello @subtledoctor , I have some bugs/issues that may need fixing.

- I have your revised beastmaster installed, and I found out that the innate shapeshifts D5_RNWW and D5_RNWLF have the problem that the character becomes at full health when switching back to normal form. It feels terribly cheaty when it happens...
    My own immediate solution may be to just EEkeeper in the proper functioning shapeshift, but how tedious that may be...
    - The enchanted monk fists prevent the use or equipping of any weapons so that you can't switch to ranged. Well, if it can't be implemented otherwise, so be it, i guess... The issue about area change and fist switching mentioned in the post above would be nice to be without as well.
    Also, Rasaad consequently has 1 extra attack added on top of any weapon/fist. It doesn't happen with other monks. Feels a bit cheaty, any clue why it is so, or how to remedy it?
    feedback: While i really like modding the monk fists to favor APR over damage, I feel like the monk will be a bit undermined powerwise in TOB, as weapon wielding fighters get much higher damage output with WW. Have you experienced this to be balanced ingame? My thought is just to add a bit more to the damage progression of the fists, maybe a step to 1d12 or 1d14 at higher TOB levels.

- (Tome & Blood) 1st level cantrip: 1st level scrolls in the game have SR spell descriptions but has cantrip effect when used. Minor issue, but it would be nice if descriptions matched the effect there as well.
    - also, i have the "Metamagic" installed, and I tried to EEkeeper in the scrolls for spell sequencers and contingency but could only find contingency. Are these supposed scrolls named entirely different or what may be the course?

- Of some reason my sorcerer spell rogression seems messed up: At 13rd level i can cast 5 spells/day of 1-5 level spells and only 3/day of 6 level spells. According to baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Progression_Tables, it should be 1 higher. I tested both classes by creating them from scratch and EEkeeper in the XP, and a DD also have one fewer spell to cast, like it has been double-nerfed.
    I read that that you incorporated some adjustments to the spell progressions in the 1st level cantrip component, but I presume that this adjustment is not 1 spell/day fewer per level.

- While Dynaheir (made a sorcerer with your EE_NPC mod) did get the proper spell/day, she doesn't get the spell knowledge dialogue. ANy clue why? I gave her the spell knowledge skill with EEkeeper, but when using it (she is level 3) i got to choose 3 more spells ending up with total 5 known spells instead of the supposed 3. Could these kind of results maybe be prevented?
    -Also, of some reason an additional use of "craft item" is added on level up. And the bonus spells from charisma doesn't really seem to work.
    - Of some reason, Dynaheir is able to wear helmets and armor - any clue why?

feedback: Also, concerning SR + 1st level cantrips, I so far find it a bit too privileged to be able to cast both mage armor and shield for free any time - possibly giving an AC of 1 total and then + dex etc... These two mods are probably hard to balance - maybe you only recommend these two mods together if it is counterbalanced by difficulty enhancing mods etc?

I couldn't attach a file in this post, but have made a link to my Weidu in google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nrr_2mWGB_zxMvCjAfli8wVzbpDEVftj

I feel like being a bit annoying for asking so many questions and stuff, but i hope it is useful for your mods and eventual incorporation in the next update :-)

Thanks a lot, hope you've got time to look into it.
    Post edited by Toerst on
    Is this compatible with Scales of Balance? What parts should I install or not install to make it compatible?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited June 2018
    Wrong thread.

UOLegacy said:

Is this compatible with Scales of Balance? What parts should I install or not install to make it compatible?

Those two at least are 100% compatible. (They used to be part of the same mod, until I split it in half.)
    Do one of these mods add an "Advance Weapon Proficiency" innate talent to Rangers and Druids? The feats are working great with Might and Guile, but something was adding this other ability, and the dialogue is completely messed up in the .tlk file from it.

If not, I'll have to trial and error it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor Question: Because this mod makes Bard songs toggle auras, what is the behavior when mixed with other mod Bard kits? Would the non MightG bard songs work as in vanilla, would they also toggle, or would they just break completely?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

ThacoBell said:

other mod Bard kits?

This only affects MnG and S&S bard kits. Other mod kits use their own songs (with vanilla behavior) or use vanilla songs.
    Thanks! I was worried I'd try domething new, only to find the bard song broken.
  • rutherfordrutherford Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2018
    I am getting this error when trying to install the Bard component:

This is for an Android installation, version 1.3 I have installed no other components from this mod.

I installed some mods *before* this one, I can list them if needed. Any help?

I cannot upload the debug file the forum keeps saying "file failed to upload".
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @rutherford, you could add .txt to the end of both the debug file and weidu.log. This will allow for those files to be uploaded. Either that or you could .zip both together and then upload that.

I thiink the answer to this though is that SPLPROT.2DA is a BGxEE 2.x file only... This is likely to mean that it can only be installed into a 2.x game.

Gus
    Thank you @Gusinda, that must be it because I can install it fine on my steam version. I have seen all your help on the Android modding thread, which I have read from top to bottom, so I know that Android 2.5 does not work with modding right now. So I guess if I have to choose between Might and Guile or not playing at all on my Android, I choose the latter.

The only component I wanted from M&G was the Bard component so I could make Garrick be able to sing and shoot his crossbow at the same time. Do you know of a mod that does that?
    edited July 2018
    @rutherford, I am unsure of anything specific (didn't even know it was available here, but I rarely play a Bard), but one of the earlier versions of this mod might do it, or you could use a script to automatically restart the song once the attack is complete? I have heard of something about a lingering song but can't recall where...

You are talking about BGEE aren't you?

Sorry
    Gus

Edit: Just reading above, it reminded me of the Song & Silence (For Bards & Thieves) mod as well.
  • xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
    edited July 2018
    Hi I get this error when trying to install the first component multiclass kits:

Error: Failure(resource override/QD_MCP01.spl not found for "copy")

Sounds like I dun goofed somewhar FML.

Edit> All other components installed fine
    Thank so much for you help @Gusinda I appreciate it. My search for a script/mod which allows persistent bard song continues.

And yes, I am playing BGEE (but plan to play the whole saga).
    @rutherford, their was a simple bard script in aTweaks (not sure if it was persistent ie: plays during attacks) that you could use but you could also use the advances script and modify the conditions yourself. Just had a quick go at the advanced script and it seemed to work (quick mind you); was playing song, told to attack, then auto resumed playing song after kill... Don't know how it would go for a long battle.

@xzarsrevenge, I would prob run it again. The mod is supposed to copy 'might_and_guile\lib\qd_mc\QD_MC_01.SPL' to the override folder renamed as QD_MCP01.SPL to QD_MCP50.SPL (in qd_multiclass.tpa).
    Something may have disrupted the installation.

Gus
    Yes, I have read of aTweaks, did not know it could be used in BGEE (I thought it was not updated for that version)...would you mind sharing your quick script as scripting is currently way beyond my abilites. @Gusinda If it worked, I would be most pleased, if not - no biggie.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hi @rutherford, sorry about that, had to run off yesterday. I think you underestimate your abilities...

For 'my script', it was simply going into the Character Record, selecting Customise then Script. I played around with 'Advanced AI' by selecting the toggle switches. You could use either 'Bard Controlled', or 'Advanced AI' and turn on the switch for Play Bard Song (and turn off any you don't wont of course). Also, I have uploaded the aTweaks Simple Bard Script (place it into your scripts folder and allocate by customising) for you to play with if you want.

In the meantime, I will try the prescription the doc has written, and have a look at the spells to adjust the duration. I just need to find out which ones they are.

I underline that I have rarely played a Bard (play a Jester once for BG and a Bard in IWD) and don't use Garrick, so I am prob sending you down the wrong track... I basically used them as a second caster, Identifier, and Pick Pocket never (well never is perhaps too much) remembering about the Bard Song!

Gus
    edited July 2018
    Thank you so much @Gusinda for sharing the script you tweaked. It is not persistent though sadly.

Also, I did not know you meant the scripts in the Character Record! I have Garrick set to Bard0 right now and he just stands there and sings.

I have downloaded DLTCEP and NearInifinty and trying to find the Bard spell ID as well. @subtledoctor, would know how to find the Bard Spell in one of these programs? Thanks!

edit: I have gotten as far as this in NearInfinity:

But I cannot figure out which spell it is?
    Post edited by rutherford on
    @rutherford, I have been playing around with SPCL542A.SPL but alas, I cannot get it to work. I think it is the Skald song, but I have tried it with all the variants of Bards anyway. I have tried extending the song's duration to be almost permanent but the song stops in the round where I do something else...

I also created a ring (similar to the Bard Hat in SoD which allows the song to linger) and that doesn't work either, although it does in v2.3. I think that list above that is for BGEE v2.x as I couldn't find the fjbard spells in v1.3.

The script above is just the one out of aTweaks. Are you fine with Character Record now? If not, it is the head on the left hand icon set in game.

Gus
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Hey,
    any chance for a Runescarred Berserker kit?

I would be really really interested.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Arthas said:

any chance for a Runescarred Berserker kit?

I don't know what that is, but I think somebody already made it...? If I recall it was something like "Berserker, but better" which turned me right off.
    It's basically a berserker who stores spells in their scars. And, it pretty much is "Berserker" but better. There's no reason for it.