Skip to content

Best Names for CHARNAME

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
What have been your favorite names for your Bhaalspawn?

I've often gone with the last name Gorionson in honor of Gorion.

I often translate Greek words for first names, depending on the class:
--Tra'Oudia for Bards (tragoudi is Greek for "song")
-Dassos for Rangers (means "tree")
-Timeos for Paladins (means "honor")
-Magos for Wizards (means "mage/wizard" in Greek... obviously)
-Nichta for Thief (means "night")

I've also gone with the corny Karavok (bro with Sarevok) and Karevos.

I've made Jordi Stumbledon for my clumsy gnome fighter/illusionist

Finally, I finished the game for the first time with an Undead Hunter named Buffy :)

What are your favorites?

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Zaghoul said:

Adinirahc: H/E (drow) Hivemaster Druid
    @Zaghoul I'm going to steal this one, but in reverse: Charinida
    Also a half-elf druid, but this time an Avenger :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited March 2018
    Gusinda said:

Philos Toxon (Female Archer) - Lover of the Bow (Latin)

@Gusinda great post!

However, this was actually Greek, not Latin!

Also, can't believe you are a grandpa/grandma and a BG player! Good for you!
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Err yes, it is Greek (fixed thanks)... I was mixing her with another:

Australis Bellator (Fighter) - Southern Warrior (Latin)

Yeah, I started when BG first came out, had a break in the middle somewhere then the EEs were released. What else could I do.

Gus

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2018
    Not particular a class or kit
    Girls are Amony (Wonder) or Alice
    Guys are Garlim
    Post edited by lroumen on
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Usually something with a Y in it. Or an X.

Something like Xylophone Yxodus.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    edited March 2018
    Ash Powerbhaals. He is a true neutral summoner focused mage, because rabbits are the only rodents on the famiiliar list.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    My names usually suck (I spend more time on naming my charname than any other part of chargen). But I am rather fond of Prrall Ognir, which means "Holly Terror". He was my first Cleric/Ranger.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Back in the days I just combined letters randomly to form fantasy-ish names like Migido. Now I just give my characters some simple kind of name, often borrowed from other characters I’ve written myself.

Though my only real trilogy run was with the elven fighter Ting. Borrowed the name from the Thai martial arts movie Ong-Bak of all things.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

I think it's because I don't like my name, by any measure it's simply a bad name along the lines of "what were they thinking" and it's not only me who says that.

Time to change yer name, then. A focus group consisting of the voices in my head AND my personal astrologer say you should choose the name 'Edwin.' Go on. You know you want to.
    Edwina I think might suit better being female and all. :p

But no, having put up with it so bloody long, nothing sounds right now. And names that I like, well I have enough self awareness to recognise "who am I kidding you are so not a ______".

Lol can you imagine, me as Moonfairy or Lilith or somesuch nonsense. It's why every year I go to the Solstice at Stonehenge, hang out with the Druids, cold shower of reality hits with the sunrise.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    UnderstandMoonfairyMagic?
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623

I think it's because I don't like my name, by any measure it's simply a bad name along the lines of "what were they thinking" and it's not only me who says that.

Time to change yer name, then. A focus group consisting of the voices in my head AND my personal astrologer say you should choose the name 'Edwin.' Go on. You know you want to.
    Lol can you imagine, me as Moonfairy or Lilith or somesuch nonsense. It's why every year I go to the Solstice at Stonehenge, hang out with the Druids, cold shower of reality hits with the sunrise.
    I think Saga is a great generic fantasy name for a girl, for several reasons;
    1: Of course, because it's a play of words
    2: It's a real name. People in the real word are named Saga. Of course, there are people named Lilith as well, but that's because their parents are vampire live action roleplayers, or satanists, or hippies, or witches or whatever. Saga is a standard middeclass name, that perfectly non-fantasyesque parents could name their children.
    3: It's catchy and classy.

Also great are Ronja, from Ronja Rövardotter (if you people read Astrid Lindgren).
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited March 2018
    Well, if names like that are right up your alley, I'd suggest googling 'silly p*rn names'.

Edit: Their acting is bare-bones because they spent all their creative juices on coming up with their stage names.

Edit 2: Or so I've been told.