Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Hard luck, @Flashburn. I completely forgot about the level drain saving throw thing--that's a devastating loss for any character that relies on save-boosting buffs.

I suppose you could bring it into BG2 and just call it a trilogy no-reload. Starting over in SoD would be faster, but the Hall of Heroes is traditionally limited to runs that are one continuous narrative, as I learned when I re-started a run from the beginning of ToB and found out that it wouldn't count (and later restarted from Candlekeep just to get into the Hall!). I personally have a habit of restarting over from Candlekeep in order to put a character into the Hall, but I'm not sure that I would recommend it. Playing to get the trophy is not much fun, as I've said before.

Which game do you think is most fun to play with this class?
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

I suppose you could bring it into BG2 and just call it a trilogy no-reload. Starting over in SoD would be faster, but the Hall of Heroes is traditionally limited to runs that are one continuous narrative, as I learned when I re-started a run from the beginning of ToB and found out that it wouldn't count (and later restarted from Candlekeep just to get into the Hall!).

I'll still be able to enter the Hall again if I import to BG2 from when I killed Sarevok, right? If so, then there's still a chance. If not, I'll just do something else instead.

Which game do you think is most fun to play with this class?

Undoubtedly BG2. Once you get UAI, you'll get all kinds of solutions to problems and be able to outfit yourself for any kind of situation, and be able to be decent at melee. The good-aligned HLA path is ridiculous. Mages won't really be able to touch you except by summoning fallen planetars. You get to ignore mage fencing almost entirely because your blasts ignore spell protections, no matter what essence/shape you put on it.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

.... Wisdom would have said, "Run away" but we were all followers of Tempus so that wasn't an option.

Really hoping that someone some day will compile a "Famous Last Words" post from this thread.

The Fallen make as good a reading as the Ascended -- an essential part of every nutritious no-reload thread.
    Grond0Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Flashburn: A solo War Hulk? Seriously? How are you going to survive? Every time you take damage, you run the risk of suffering from berserk on a failed save vs. spell, and every hit penalizes your AC and save vs. spell by 1. I deemed a solo War Hulk run impossible!
    Wise_Grimwald
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

@Flashburn: A solo War Hulk? Seriously? How are you going to survive? Every time you take damage, you run the risk of suffering from berserk on a failed save vs. spell, and every hit penalizes your AC and save vs. spell by 1. I deemed a solo War Hulk run impossible!

It probably is impossible, but I'll try it anyway for the hell of it. The penalties aren't as bad as they sound unless you approach the "AC penalty death-spiral" zone. Usually you can kill stuff in one or two hits before that happens, but big groups can be a problem.
    semiticgoddessWise_Grimwaldlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited March 2018
    @Corey_Russell, @Grond0, @Gate70 Looking good so far :)
    @Flashburn Congrats on reaching Amn. :)
    @Grond0 Sad to hear of your demise. :(
    semiticgoddessFlashburnJuliusBorisov