Skip to content

Wild Surge Issue 8 - Neverwinter

deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
edited March 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE

Better late than never, unless it's Neverwinter.

February issue of Wild Surge is finally here. With interviews from Rob Bartel, creator of Witch's Wake and Beamdog's own @niv, it's our biggest issue yet!

Spanning the history of Neverwinter in gaming, this issue looks at the original AOL Neverwinter, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, and the 4e Campaign Guide that influenced the popular Neverwinter MMO.

There is a persistent world highlight covering a dozen worlds just waiting to be explored in both the Enhanced Edition and the Diamond Edition.

Thank you to all the people who helped out with this issue: @Anduin, @ashafetov, @ComeAndSee @Dragonspear, @Fandraxx @Nonnahswriter, @SFisch, and @typo_tilly.

Special thank yous go out to @Niv, and Rob Bartel for putting up with our questions and the many PWs who hosted me over the last two months.

With this issue, Wild Surge has also started a Discord Channel. Come hang out there, talk about the magazine, hook up with people looking for IE multiplayer or whatever. It's open and it's free to use.

Our next issue may be fowl as we wing our way through it, but with a little cluck, it'll be an eggcellent addition to our themed topics. If you want to help us out with it, shoot me or @typo_tilly a message here or email us at the.wild.surge@gmail.com

Thanks again for being the awesome community that you are!

edit: And I forgot to mention: past issues can be read here and follow us on Twitter
Post edited by deltago on

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    A big round of applause from the walking dead and those that should sleep more! That last page is particularly good... Wait... I'm not on the last page?

Still getting my picture into the magazine on the last but one page is pretty good... I think the photographer really brought out my well defined cheek bones...
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    Nice lineup! I look forward to digging in while pretending to work.
  • BelowTheBeltBelowTheBelt Member Posts: 9
    Congrats, deltago and all the other gluttons for punishment who helped out. Thank you for all the effort the team put into this. It's this kind of passion that helps keep communities thriving.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Anduin, I noticed in the article you wrote that you have never found NWN (Goldbox). Although I am unsure whether you can play it well without the backend, it is available as Abandonware.

I know that most of us on the board have this thing (almost obsessive compulsive) for completeness, it is there even if you don't play it...

Gus
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited March 2018
    This is a great issue so good work to all involved. How will you top it for March? :)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

This is a great issue so good work to all involved. How will you top it for March? :)

next issue is in April.

Hopefully we can top it by cracking one of the biggest mysteries of the forums.