Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited March 2018
    You, sir, rule. You deserve to have a posse of insane gnomes walking ahead of you declaring "Subtledoctor rules. Make way!"
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

You, sir, rule. You deserve to have a posse of insane gnomes walking ahead of you declaring "Subtledoctor rules. Make way!"

Something like that, you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

@Contemplative_Hamster and everyone else who is concerned about the NPCs missing innate abilities, here is a little hotfix mod. Install it any time after FnP. It can be used with games in progress, but will not affect any NPCs you've already met.

Thanks. Downloaded and installed with no probs.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    If I just install the sphere system, do I still get the epic feats from FnP or just the vanilla ones?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Great! So the option 3 install gives you sphere system and HLAs.
    Thanks subtledoctor!
    Request: a multi-class thief/acolyte of Beshaba.

I am currently playing an Acolyte of Beshaba. It's a hoot! Would love the multi-class option. Very appropriate re: opportunities for mischief and spreading misfortune.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Request: Opening up every non race specific class/kit to all classes. I've yet to find a "remove race restriciton" mod that works for any of the multiclass kits.
    edited March 2018

EDIT

I went on the Sworn of Cyric Fighter/Priest option and also the Sworn of Cyric Priest option and discovered that the Sworn of Cyric may be a Cleric/Thief.

I then tried to choose a cleric/thief to make a Sworn of Cyric Cleric/Thief.

However the option is not there

. :(
    Why is that?

EDIT

Just noticed that the Sworn of Cyric Thief/Priest option was suggested on page 20 of this thead. However haven't yet discovered why it wasn't implemented as there is a "Sworn of Cyric" Priest.

In my latest set-up Branwen is a Battleguard of Tempus. I noticed immediately that she has a VERY limited choice of spells and am wondering if I should have installed a mod that would have increased this choice somewhat. (Icewind Dale spells or others)
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited March 2018
    Having awaited an answer and not received one, I did some investigation into the situation myself.

Whilst the Sworn of Cyric Cleric/Thief is not available through the menus, it is possible to create one by creating a Sworn of Cyric Priest and then making him/her a cleric/priest using EE keeper. :)

You will also have to add 10 thief proficiency points as you otherwise won't get the right number.

If anyone else wants a Sworn of Cyric thief/priest, that's the way to do it. :) Hope that this post is helpful.

Of course it would be very nice if the mod were updated so that EE Keeper was not needed.

EDIT

Like the Battleguard of Tempus, the Sworn of Cyric have only got two spell choices per level (STRENGTH OF STONE AND CURE LIGHT WOUNDS at level 1). I strongly suspected that this is due to SoD changing the codes for the spells which seems to be the reason for a lot of the bug reports here. Just wondering if there is a hotfix for the spells that have been fixed to date. I HAVE already installed fnp_spells_3 and SetUp-fnp74_npc_hotfix

Noticed that DLTCEP is marked as being essential. Is that essential to play the game, or essential for doing the modding? Sorry, I'm a mod user, not a modder so there's a lot I don't know.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    The Water elemental says it should be immune to poison effects. However, I see that in BG2EE when in the sewers and the Otyugh inflicts its disease it does poison damage to the elemental. Should this happen if the elemental is immune to poison effects?
    Had a problem trying to use another mod's kit with FnP. Witchlight Shaman has no sphere access.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited March 2018
    ThacoBell said:

Had a problem trying to use another mod's kit with FnP. Witchlight Shaman has no sphere access.

This probably isn't a FnP issue. The kit's author need to input FnP's sphere following the step by step provided by @Grammarsalad and @subtledoctor on page one.

You can do it yourself, actually. It is quite easy.

Well, probably that's the problem. I've being making a lot of crossmodding with FnP recently due to DoF.

PS: that reminds me that I need to make some changes in the Dreadful Witch file from I Hate Undead
    edited March 2018
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor It had the same spell list, but was granted necromancy spells at certain levels. I don't think we would need to mess with the bonus spells? I suppose I could go check when I have time. The biggest changes to the kit were different dance summons, a control undead ability at higher levels, and a special shapeshift. This is all offset by a 4 point attribute penalty and rep penalty.
    edited March 2018
    @subtledoctor Thanks much! Kinda works out anyway, as it turns out one of npc mods I'm trying introduced a gamebreaking bug with the version I installed, whoops!
    @subtledoctor Erm, where can I get the update? The download link still shows the Feb 4th release.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Getting an error using .29 when installing individual components, it errors out during the sphere system installation.
    Still trying to find that update with sphere access for Shaman kits.
    @subtledoctor Oh, well that explains it. I was checking the main branch. Derp.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    ahhhh thanks!!
    Looking forward to the update that lets Shamans pick new sphere's at certain levels. They are certainly playable in their current state, but they are HURTING for some low level spells. They don't have much except for some very niche utility until about level 4 currently. They average about 5 different spells to choose from per spell level. Of course, that doesn't stop their ability to infinitely summon spirits trivializing almost every early fight.
    Suggestion: Change the Champion of Bane's special Smite ability. Currently it makes opponents run away, which is really annoying, because your Champion will chase his victim around for long periods of time. Instead, when hit by the Champion's Smite, make opponents cower in abject terror from Bane's majesty, resulting in being rooted to the spot AND/OR a THAC0 and/or AC penalty.
  • BlackTalonsBlackTalons Member Posts: 12
    I tryed the mod alone on a clean install of BGIIEE and started a new game of ToB to try new druids. I also checked on Jaheira and Cernd through the spirit of Fate. While J has a good amount of spells, Cernd has only the bare minimum. Is there any equivalent of a Shapeshifter druid class to change him to with EEKeeper so he has about the same abilities as before?
  • ChaoticTabrisChaoticTabris Member Posts: 13
    Hello, i'm really sorry if this was mentioned before but i installed your mod throught the Big World Setup and none of the kits show up
    I've played through a majority og BG1 with a Shaman, and while their current lack of spheres feels limiting, they don't feel hamstrung. The dances and expanded weapon abilities help them not be utterly reliant on spellcasting. While they can cetainly be improved on here, they remain fun to play and are actually my second favorite class.