Skip to content

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods

Comments

• BolkoBolko Member Posts: 15
    Hmm i am just curious if someone can do a shapeshifting or add mod with Maulgryms(shepshifters like werewolf) and add Elminister that you can join him or he would be just a NPC thay you cant join.

• RolandoArnimanRolandoArniman Member Posts: 17
    How will a 2.5 patch affect compatibility of mods if at all?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the only mods that are effected are bgnpc project and ub. as those have cotent that the patch readds and need to be updated so as to not cause a conflict.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I think some things in Scales of Balance and Faith and Powers might have been broken by the new patch.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    There's also changes to the UI interface mechanics, breaking parts of some UI mods, as well as tiny changes all over the place that can have all kinds of influences on mods. Really, it's impossible to predict in exact detail which mods will still run perfectly post-patch.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    If anyone finds any incompatibility let me know so that I can update the information in the list.
    Scales of Balance was patched recently and that should fix the issue that was talked about in its thread.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    I'm wondering if "Imoen as Conjurer" is compatible. Anybody know the answer?
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    I am planning to manually install many mods from this list on my BGEE+SoD 2.3.67.3B (and in particular SCS and Spell Revisions)

After modmerging my downloaded game from GOG should i unpack all the mods i am planning to install in the Baldur's Gate folder before running the Big World FixPack (or just the SCS Spell Revisions mods) as this Fixpack could maybe patch some other mods from this list ?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    edited June 2018
    Mordekaie said:I am planning to manually install many mods from this list on my BGEE+SoD 2.3.67.3B (and in particular SCS and Spell Revisions)

After modmerging my downloaded game from GOG should i unpack all the mods i am planning to install in the Baldur's Gate folder before running the Big World FixPack (or just the SCS Spell Revisions mods) as this Fixpack could maybe patch some other mods from this list ?

I would use the Big World Setup myself as it automatically installs things in the correct order even to the extent of installing half of a mod, then another before returning to the half-installed mod.

Wise_Grimwald said:I'm wondering if "Imoen as Conjurer" is compatible. Anybody know the answer?

I tested it myself and have discovered that it is indeed compatible to a certain extent. Due the change in interface the sub-race is no longer portrayed on the Character Sheet. The bugs that were there before are still there, but they are mostly surmountable. :)
    @Wise_Grimwald At the moment i am still not feeling confortable with BSW; and even if i understand the benefits of using BSW (the correct mod order, faster installation compared to the time spend to install them manually ...), i feel more in "control" with installing mods manually :
    - precise selection of the options i want for each mod
    - able to install the last version of a mod
    - starting to learn how the things work …

In conclusion, i am spending a lot of time trying to learn how to mod "properly" BGEE and a far less time playing it.

• HemricHemric Member Posts: 7
    Mordekaie said:

Yes, exactly so. Put desired mods in correct folder, and run fixpack first.

I am also installing mods manually since BWS is not an option when running these games on linux. For determining correct install order and possible need to install mod in parts, I have found this document very useful: shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-english/

Scope is BGT so it does not contain any information about enhanced edition only mods, but it is nevertheless recommended source of information. Even if some newer mod for EE is not included, you can often deduce correct install order by looking for "similar" older mods from document.
    Hi @jastey

I am also planning to include "The Lure of the Sirine's Call" in my "manually modded BG:EE v2.3.67.3B/SoD/BigWorldFixpack".

From the readme, The Lure of the Sirine's Call V15 on PocketPlanetGroup is compatible with BG:EE 1.3 and "currently" maintained by Jastey (i guess this is you ?).

What can i do to make it compatible with BG:EE V2.0+ or what issues am i expecting if i install this V15 ?

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited June 2018
    v15 should work fine on v2.3xxx.
    If it states in the readme that it is compatible with 1.3 then the readme needs to be updated. :)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I'll confirm that, as I've been using Sirines Call with no problems on BGEE V2+
    Does anyone know Drizzt Saga V3 mod ?
    Would you recommend it and is it compatible with BGEE 2.3 ?

NB : should we also include "The Lure of the Sirine's Call" in the List ?
    edited June 2018
    Mordekaie said:

NB : should we also include "The Lure of the Sirine's Call" in the List ?

Oh! I wasn't aware it's not on the list.

Yes, please add Lure of Sirine's call to the list of compatible mods for BG:EE v2.x as quest mod:

Lure of Sirine's Call (Download is at the side, current version is v15)

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @mlnevese

This is embarrassing, but I made some mess and mixed two mods I was working on at the same time. Can you please rename The Bodyguard (Fighter Kit for Chaname and Khalid) to The Militia Officer (Fighter Kit for Charname and Khalid).

Thanks!
    @Raduziel Renamed... The thread path is still the same?
    mlnevese said:

@Raduziel Renamed... The thread path is still the same?

Yes. Unfortunately, I can alter only the title, not the path.

Thanks!
    @mlnevese
    jastey said:

please add Lure of Sirine's call to the list of compatible mods for BG:EE v2.x as quest mod:

Lure of Sirine's Call (Download is at the side, current version is v15)

Sorry for poking, and thank you in advance!

@jastey Sorry... your original post somehow escaped my radar... Added now :)
    Thank you!
  • KingxexKingxex Member Posts: 21
    None of the kits work for me. They screw with the game in a way that makes it unplayable. Reinstall is always required.
    @Kingxex How are you installing the mods? On what game, and which version are you playing? What is your OS?
  • KingxexKingxex Member Posts: 21
    With their own installer. BG1, 2.5 (I think) and Windows 7.
    Is it BG1 standalone, or with SoD? 2.5 is in beta and doesn't yet include SoD. So that will wreck a lot of things.
    edited August 2018
    @Kingxex Do you by any chance own a Steam/GoG-version of BGEE+SoD?

If so, have you used modmerge?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited August 2018
    Do you think Spell Revisions is compatible with SoD (i.e., will the AI make use of the new/modified spells? Probably not......)?
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Just keep in mind folks that it is always good to keep the previous version since some of the mods do fix some bugs unofficially if you're afraid to update to 2.5. Eventually there will be testers to see what has been broken, and will update accordingly.

Though I can understand that the UI has issues.