Skip to content

[mod] Will of the Wisps - Shamanic enhancements

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Hmm... maybe? To be honest, I am not sure if they are considered an undead or not, but I would say thay can be a kind of undead creature. Remember IWD2? They were strictly connected to the "maze-haunted-forest"... so I would say it's ok.
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    Hi, I decided I think I'd like to play a shaman next time I play BG2EE and since I like playing as the half orc pictured but am getting bored of making her a Berserker all the time, well Shaman seems like a cool option for her race, and an interesting class in itself. The no stronghold thing was offputting but then I found out about this mod. I'll post my impressions and if I find any issues when I get around to playing it properly. Might be a while because I'm hip deep in a Fallout 2 run, but I appreciate the work in fixing a hole Beamdog really should have addressed themselves.
    Thanks and... well. have fun with the mod! :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The witchlight shaman kit doesn't seem to play nice with another mod, or I suppose its actually the other way around. It seems that the kit skipped over by the other mod's spell sphere component, resulting in losing all its spells.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
    @subtledoctor Will certainly do, and thanks for replying.

@LavaDelVortel Sorry if my bug report thing wasn't very clear. I'm not very at getting points across in text.
  • fataljasminefataljasmine Member Posts: 17
    @LavaDelVortel Im having an issue with Will. Im resting in the woods and we’re at the dialogue where he mentions he has a fire burning, the I get “NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS” which breaks the convo, and then he just loops it again and again. Is there a way to fix this or at least a console command to move past this convo to fhe next one?
    Yeah, I may need to add there one more reply. Use this:
    C:SetGlobal("L0AskSpirits","GLOBAL",1)
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    I found the Undead only Ioun Stone, and in my current game no one can equip it, including Will and Hexxat :(
    Witchlight Shaman is officially my second favorite class/kit. Thank you for this.
    ZaghoulRaduziel
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    So far I must say, that Will and the whole shamanic mod is simply great (as usual of course with @LavaDelVortel work :smile: ) I just want to report little bug, that I bump into - Will and Keldorn repeat their banter, where Will is talking about apologizing to Keldorn for that he was worried, that Keldorn would have some prejudices against Will, but he of course doesn't. This banter is repeatedly shown through my game (it's nothing "game-breaking" since it repeats only time to time, not with some crazy gun-machine frequency :) )
    LavaDelVortel
    Thanks :) the mod really needs an update, but it will be a demanding task. I would like the new kit to work on IWD EE 2.5, but I think something did not work when I installed it. So... yeah, as I said, the new version will need some attention from me and Artemius and there are other stuff we would like to finish first.

But thanks for letting me know about that banter problem! Will be fixed :)
    Caszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I have one more bug to report o:)
    In Spellhold after first transformation to Slayer, Will starts a dialogue "How are you feeling, CHARNAME? That change that was forced upon you was far too crucal. I'm sorry. " and this dialog is being repeated in endless loop, which prevents from continuation of gameplay.
    @LavaDelVortel could you please provide which variable should I edit in EEkeeper to fix my playthrough? Or is it safe to be rude to Will and snub this dialogue, without harm to our friendship?
    Oh, that should be fixed! Use this code:
    C:SetGlobal("L0WillChange","GLOBAL",2) - it will stop the dialogue from happening.
    Caszidy
  • fvig2001fvig2001 Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2018
    Does this work with the following mods:
    1. I Hate Undead Shaman Witch kit
    2. Improved Shamanic dance (with adjust other kits disabled)

I installed before Improved Shamanic dance.

I encountered the following after BWS installation
    1. Treant form doesn't allow moving and dancing at the same time (Probably misread it as both at the same time)
    2. Bone dagger has an icon but it is a a quarter staff when right clicked (is this expected?)
    3. Shamanic dance while moving does not work with improved Shamanic dance with adjust other kits enabled

If I were to implement the mods from improved shamanic dance, what files/tables do I modify?
    Post edited by fvig2001 on
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    The spellhold studios download link is borked, any chance you could throw up an alternate?
    Hi! Remember that all my mods have also a Dropbox mirror for situations like that:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56dr4q8h2q7djri/AACJfi0A2mV7hFlH3eqDLTcEa?dl=0
    Mirandel
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    I did not know that, thanks!
  • compostercomposter Member Posts: 25
    I have a bug into Asylum Tests . at first test will asks into fight "How are you fell...." after dialog hi ask same again and again. If i say something like don't bother me , he don't ask again, but he got new bug. After move or attack he stop after 1 second and do nothing.
    Version 1.4 is up. It should work better. Dialogue was fixed by @Artemius_I and a ioun stone bug was fixed by @Ulb. Thanks, guys!
    ThacoBellZaghoulCaszidy
  • parmenides14parmenides14 Member Posts: 11
    Lava, I just wanted to say that this has become one of my all-time favorite mods. I've had it installed on several play-throughs, sometimes with Will in the party and other times with a CHARNAME shaman. The stronghold and associated quests are simply awesome. Great job and thanks for this mod!
    RaduzielThacoBellNecromanx2
    Thank you for your really kind words! :)
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited May 2019
    1) Any chance you could make it so that Will takes the shaman stronghold for himself, instead of having the player to be the player of the stronghold itself?

2) I'm currently using no enhanced edition npcs and items by Argent77. Will I miss something (apart from the banters with EE specific stuff)?
    1) nope, that's not the idea of the stronghold and it will never be implemented. The mod already provides cheat for every PC getting the stronghold (an option during the installation) and it's already much.

2) No, I don't think it will cause any change here. Excluding the banters with EE NPCs, of course, as it will be impossible for you to check them out.
    okay, thanks.
  • Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2019
    I just downloaded this mod. Right at the start of the game, Irenicus kills me in the cage with the first spell he casts. This has never happened before and I can't start a new game. I do have the Dungeon be Gone mod installed as well. Any thoughts?

I started a new game as a fighter and it was fine. It only seems to do this when I start as a shaman.
    Raduziel
  • CeleriokCeleriok Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2019
    I've played this and what I have to say it's awesome, 100% original, maybe short, but for sure is completely balanced and interesting.

I can help you translating this to spanish, just let me know how and I will help you.
    Post edited by Celeriok on
    Hey,
    I've got a few questions:

1) Planning to installing this mod but seeing that apart from the first quest, all the content is gated behind a "you have to be a shaman". So, how much content do you lose if you aren't a shaman? 80%?

2) Worth it installing if you do not install the "shaman fortress" for everyone? Will it hinder "roleplaying" (I mean with evident reference to charname class being a shaman in dialogues, taking you out of the game)?

3) I take that probably the "main" content is the npc, while the fortress is a plus. Am I wrong?